• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC:The offer is for Small islands in the Pacific not small island groups.

OOC : I will be assuming that Spanish holdings on Palau comprise the entire archipelago, noting how the update said something along the lines of "a lot of islands in the Pacific were colonized by Spain". Guam is a single island, and 2 isn't exactly a lot. And yes, the entire archipelago is for sale, although, if countries want to make a joint offer, with the objective of splitting the archipelago, or even the islands themselves, between the involved parties, I shall allow it without any problems.

(Multi-national base on Guam anyone? Join the 12-nation consortium and get your small bit of colonial empire, at low cost!)

Offers for Guam

Denmark : 250 gold
Colombia : 90 gold

Offers for Palau
Ottoman Empire : 55 gold
Belgium : 50 gold

Offers for both Guam and Palau
UK : 120 gold

Adding up the offers from Guam and Palau, UK has been outbid. Probably wise from Doom, seeing how he has a Communist rebellion to handle... (by the way, long time since we got a mini-update on that conflict...)

OOC: so can I just buy one of the islands in the Palau archipelago?

His Majesty's Government offers 146 Gold Units for the purchase of the islands.​

OOC: Look guys, I'm getting these islands. Either by outbidding you, or by other means in the case of powers I dislike.

United Kingdom has been outbidded ! Glory to the Ottoman Empire !

Let the celebration begin !
106wmrl.jpg

Edit. Awwww :p

I'm posting the update in a few hours whether or not this auction is done. Denmark's bid stays.

His Majesty's Government offers 146 Gold Units for the purchase of the islands.​

OOC: Look guys, I'm getting these islands. Either by outbidding you, or by other means in the case of powers I dislike.

OOC: Well you already have to bid 306 gold to beet both combined.

Can't you leave me one island?

OOC: Do the Ottomans have ocean going ships?

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Ottoman Empire is pleased to inform, that after successful trade deal with Kingdom of Belgium we have acquired ocean going vessel "Suleiman the Magnificent " (formely "Louise Marie"). This fine ship, along with 5 other Schooner's are ungoing refitting in Istanbul shipyards to create ocean going converted ironclad class ships not unlike to Spanish warship "La Gloire".

Suleiman the Magnificent
2sadrgp.jpg

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

His Majesty's Governments offer stands at 91 Gold Units for Guam, and 56 Gold Units for Palau, or 146 for both combined.​

OOC: Should have instituted a minimum raise amount. In fact, taking effect from now on, you can only outbid other nations by adding 5 gold in case of each of the islands, or 10 gold, for the islands combined, or 10% of the current bid, whichever is highest.

Current bids:

Offers for Guam

Denmark : 250 gold
UK : 91 gold
Colombia : 90 gold

Offers for Palau
UK : 56 gold
Ottoman Empire : 55 gold
Belgium : 50 gold

Offers for both Guam and Palau
UK : 147 gold (adding both offers makes it 147 and not 146 as Doom wrote)

So, to outbid Denmark on Guam you must bid an additional 10% of 250 which makes 275, and to outbid UK on Palau, you must bid 10% of 56, which is, rounded up, 62 gold.

By the way, we are also willing to negotiate in other commodities than cash, although we still favor cash.

Last edited:
Treaty Order.

Also, Paper Currency is being removed due to a conflict with the new Resource System. Everything will be converted to Gold. You may all let out a sigh of relief as currency becomes simpler once again. All Paper Currency in existence right now will be converted to Gold.