+ Reply to Thread
Page 277 of 317 FirstFirst ... 177 202 227 252 267 275 276 277 278 279 287 302 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 6325

Thread: [Forum Game] - World in Revolution: 1861

OOC: There goes Ottoman dream of warm water ports in Pacific

Edit. Changed my mind.

We would like to offer 38 gold bullions for Spanish pearl of Orient, otherwise known as Palau as well as trade agreement. This island will be first of many Ottoman possesions in Pacific, establishing base of operation for trade and cooperation with China, Japan and Netherland East indies.

Osmanlı Imparatorluğunun ihtişamını !

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The Kingdom of Belgium offers 40 gold bullion for Palau.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians
    Last edited by Spectre17; 14-04-2012 at 11:48.
    ~GM of War of the Five Kings, A Song of Ice and Fire game
    ~His Royal Majesty, Frederick-William II, King of Prussia in Stormbringer's World in Revolution 1789: The Long 19th Century
    ~Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz, Wali of Tanja in XVG's Caliphate on the Edge
    ~Frederick von Innsburck-Brno in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals"
    ~His Royal Majesty, Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn I, Sultan of Hroniden, Shah of Sahran, Emir of Miṣr, Lord of the Amunra, Guardian of Mutikabir, Defeater of the Mad Emperor, Rightful Emperor of Hroniden and Protector of the Realm in Black Bishop's Agorath and the Maegi Prophecy
    ~His Imperial Majesty, Tarondor, Emperor of Numenor, King of Gondor, Prince of Illithien, Archduke of Umbar, Duke of Near Harad, Lord of the Anduin, Count of Minas Anor, Marshal of the Army of Mithril, Admiral of the Iron Fleet, Wielder of Narsil, Heir of Elendil, Destroyer of Umbar and Slayer of Sauron in Afaslizo's Lord without Rings

Ottoman Empire is determined to get claim this seemingly unimportant island to honor memory of Suleiman the Magnificent and his achievements. Therefore we will offer 45 gold bullions for Palau.

Osmanlı Imparatorluğunun ihtişamını !

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided

Belgium offers 50 gold bullion for Palau

~His Royal Majesty, Frederick-William II, King of Prussia in Stormbringer's World in Revolution 1789: The Long 19th Century
    ~Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz, Wali of Tanja in XVG's Caliphate on the Edge
    ~His Royal Majesty, Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn I, Sultan of Hroniden, Shah of Sahran, Emir of Miṣr, Lord of the Amunra, Guardian of Mutikabir, Defeater of the Mad Emperor, Rightful Emperor of Hroniden and Protector of the Realm in Black Bishop's Agorath and the Maegi Prophecy
    ~His Imperial Majesty, Tarondor, Emperor of Numenor, King of Gondor, Prince of Illithien, Archduke of Umbar, Duke of Near Harad, Lord of the Anduin, Count of Minas Anor, Marshal of the Army of Mithril, Admiral of the Iron Fleet, Wielder of Narsil, Heir of Elendil, Destroyer of Umbar and Slayer of Sauron in Afaslizo's Lord without Rings

Ottoman Empire is not daunted by Belgian offer of 50 gold bullions for seemingly worthless island in Souther Pacific and will 55 gold bullions ! All shall know the power of Ottoman financial management and taxing !

Belgium offers 5 gold bullion for Peleliu and Angaur islands.

OOC: there small islands that form part of Palau.

OOC: I think offer is for all "Archipelago", not just Palau island itself. If not I will withdraw my bet as Palau without Peleliu and Angaur islands are worthless for my goal. Holy trinity is not to be broken.

OOC: you still get like 5 islands.

OOC: Well offer is for "Palau", not for "Palau island" so I was assuming I was betting for whole thing.

OOC:The offer is for Small islands in the Pacific not small island groups.

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC : I will be assuming that Spanish holdings on Palau comprise the entire archipelago, noting how the update said something along the lines of "a lot of islands in the Pacific were colonized by Spain". Guam is a single island, and 2 isn't exactly a lot. And yes, the entire archipelago is for sale, although, if countries want to make a joint offer, with the objective of splitting the archipelago, or even the islands themselves, between the involved parties, I shall allow it without any problems.

(Multi-national base on Guam anyone? Join the 12-nation consortium and get your small bit of colonial empire, at low cost!)

Offers for Guam

Denmark : 250 gold
    Colombia : 90 gold

Offers for Palau
    Ottoman Empire : 55 gold
    Belgium : 50 gold

Offers for both Guam and Palau
    UK : 120 gold

Adding up the offers from Guam and Palau, UK has been outbid. Probably wise from Doom, seeing how he has a Communist rebellion to handle... (by the way, long time since we got a mini-update on that conflict...)
    Come and hunt your fellow Paradoxians in the Werewolf Forum

What this means is that no one technically voted on the first day and we have all been auto-lynched. Since none of us were following ghost rules from that point forward, we are all banned from werewolf for life. - Cymsdale

OOC: so can I just buy one of the islands in the Palau archipelago?

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

His Majesty's Government offers 146 Gold Units for the purchase of the islands.

OOC: Look guys, I'm getting these islands. Either by outbidding you, or by other means in the case of powers I dislike.
    "Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord

"I have hot cousins" - Shynka

"Petrarch was right" - Petrarch

"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!

"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity

"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.
    <mathrim-afk> Looks great

United Kingdom has been outbidded ! Glory to the Ottoman Empire !

Let the celebration begin !

Edit. Awwww

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

I'm posting the update in a few hours whether or not this auction is done. Denmark's bid stays.
    Founder and Creator of World in Revolution

Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny View Post
    His Majesty's Government offers 146 Gold Units for the purchase of the islands.

OOC: Look guys, I'm getting these islands. Either by outbidding you, or by other means in the case of powers I dislike.
    OOC: Well you already have to bid 306 gold to beet both combined.

Can't you leave me one island?

OOC: Do the Ottomans have ocean going ships?

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeato View Post
    Yes

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Muskeato View Post
    Yes. They bought a few of Belgium recently.
    Founder and Creator of World in Revolution

Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Quote Originally Posted by Frymonmon View Post
    Yes. They bought a few of Belgium recently.
    OOC: Ah true.

+ Reply to Thread