• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: He can withdraw his bid. At worst he just doesn't pay.

OOC : This is probably an ortography mistake, i really think he meant over-estimated...
Don't blame ortographic mistakes on somenoe, it can happen, especially when English is not your primary language...I don't think it was that bad a mistake to not let it pass

OOC: I have no problem with ortographic mistakes, the thing is, in this specific context, it is more of a Freudian slip. You don't go to an auction and bid, just to change and/or withdraw your bid when you notice that you overbid on something. It's not fair to other potential bidders and destroys the concept of an auction.

In other news, here's an update on the auction. I'm still considering Denmark's initial offer as valid, for now.

Offers for Guam

Denmark : 250 gold
Colombia : 90 gold

Offers for Palau
Ottoman Empire : 30 gold

Offers for both Guam and Palau
UK : 120 gold

The Netherlands have declared interest in Guam, but have not yet made any offers. Belgium has shown interest in acquiring one of the islands for 15 gold, but never made it formal either.

Last edited:
OOC: There are even various "trolling" tactics that some bidders like to use to get others to bid at potentially unreasonable heights.

Suffice to say, you cannot "withdraw" from bidding. You can only hope that somebody's dumb enough to place a bid higher than your already sky-high bid.

Or, he can bid "sky-high", and just not pay if he wins. Really, stop trying to be legalists about it - nothing binds him to actually pay. So how about you spare yourself the trouble and just accept his "new" bid? Or do not accept his bids at all, but don't try to force a bid on him he's not willing to make anymore. You're being rediculous.

OOC: I have no problem with ortographic mistakes, the thing is, in this specific context, it is more of a Freudian slip. You don't go to an auction and bid, just to change and/or withdraw your bid when you notice that you overbid on something. It's not fair to other potential bidders and destroys the concept of an auction.

In other news, here's an update on the auction. I'm still considering Denmark's initial offer as valid, for now.

Offers for Guam

Denmark : 250 gold
Colombia : 90 gold

Offers for Palau
Ottoman Empire : 30 gold

Offers for both Guam and Palau
UK : 120 gold

The Netherlands have declared interest in Guam, but have not yet made any offers. Belgium has shown interest in acquiring one of the islands for 15 gold, but never made it formal either.

OOC: I offered to buy Palau for 35 gold last page.

OOC: There goes Ottoman dream of warm water ports in Pacific :sad:

Edit. Changed my mind.

We would like to offer 38 gold bullions for Spanish pearl of Orient, otherwise known as Palau as well as trade agreement. This island will be first of many Ottoman possesions in Pacific, establishing base of operation for trade and cooperation with China, Japan and Netherland East indies.

Osmanlı Imparatorluğunun ihtişamını !

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

Last edited:
The Kingdom of Belgium offers 40 gold bullion for Palau.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

Last edited:
Belgium offers 50 gold bullion for Palau

Belgium offers 5 gold bullion for Peleliu and Angaur islands.

OOC: there small islands that form part of Palau.

OOC: you still get like 5 islands.