• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Doom, clear your inbox.

Edit: I won't be able to respond beyond 9 pm EST on the weekdays because of school. If you have anything to respond to me beyond this time, expect it to be late.

Last edited:
OOC: Silly Spain, I have 50 wives.

Not including concubines.

I think I scored more than anyone else in this game.

The Guauxiu (Whatever.) Emperor is like 2 years old. The country is run by Empress Dowager Cixi.

OOC: I hate this country, or at least what the war with Taiping did to it. Nice to have a woman that is vehemently against reforms in an age of such danger for countries like mine in charge :p

OOC: Cleared.

You have one small slice of Afrika left, and the Islands off the coast of Africa.

So how many orders can I make in this turn? 4? :D

Also if I remember correctly the reason for selling colonies was because of demand from public?

The Guauxiu (Whatever.) Emperor is like 2 years old. The country is run by Empress Dowager Cixi.

OOC: If anything that just makes Cheef's statement even more impressive.

The British Government offers 120 gold for the purchase of both islands.​

Just to clarify, France has no interest in these islands.

The USA also has no further interest in these islands.

OOC: One point I want to bring up that needs to be addressed. There should never NEVER NEVER be permanent treaty restrictions in this game on military forces/financial payments/tech limits (or any other permanent restrictions on a number that overtime is simply set to grow here). I will never support ic such on any nation and it is a joke that there has been not the tiniest bit of change on this thus far in this game. Limits while reparations are being paid and to prevent immediate resumption of war are one thing, the ones on me and perhaps on others if wars go certain ways should not be allowed. I have bitten my tongue enough on this issue in this thread. Done doing so.

The Kingdom of Manchuria would like to clarify that their bid of 1 gold on the island of Guam was simply a joke, a mocking gesture towards those who are so eager to gain colonies that have no value whatsoever.

The Kingdom withdraws its bid on Guam, and encourages others of sound mind and judgement to do the same.

Denmark will withdraw their bid on the island of Guam. We have over speculated the value of the Guam. My financial adviser has told me that the island is worth around 75-85 francs.

Edit: OOC: Going to play Victoria 2 for a few hours (days), won't be able to respond. Oh and to quell your curiosity, I'm playing Persia.

Last edited:
OOC: You cant retract your bid in an auction :p

Last edited:
OOC: Pretty much what Spitfire said. And the Danish government just admitted IC to engage in speculation to drive the price of the islands higher...

OOC: Whut? No he said he overestimated the price of the islands.