• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to recognise the CSA as an independent nation.

OOC: If the portuguese player doesn't put the treaty in his orders then will it still happen?

OOC: Will I be penalized at all for not recognizing the CSA? Pretorious is being rather stubborn :p

OOC: I think it is okay for role-playing purpose. So as a republic I tried to act against CSA slavery. If CSA said in return "all former slaves who fought in war is free" or something like that, then I will show Portuguese people that our demand has met and we have saved the day. :)

Edited: This way it will be easier to make trade agreements with CSA.

OOC: I think it is okay for role-playing purpose. So as a republic I tried to act against CSA slavery. If CSA said in return "all former slaves who fought in war is free" or something like that, then I will show Portuguese people that our demand has met and we have saved the day. :)

Edited: This way it will be easier to make trade agreements with CSA.

OOC: All my slaves who fought for me are free, there is no need to put that in my orders. And you don't need something like that to make it "easier" to trade with me. I'm trading with Morocco with no penalties.

And I honestly feel there should be a penalty for not recognizing me, as there really is no good reason to not recognize me. The US still has slavery, so you can't use that logic.

OOC: All my slaves who fought for me are free, there is no need to put that in my orders. And you don't need something like that to make it "easier" to trade with me. I'm trading with Morocco with no penalties.

And I honestly feel there should be a penalty for not recognizing me, as there really is no good reason to not recognize me. The US still has slavery, so you can't use that logic.

OOC: As a republic I need a reason for recognizing state which our people think slavery supporting. Also I think there is no need for penalty for not recognizing because not recognizing is itself penalty for both of us (we couldn't make trade deal).

OOC: Or you could just go "Hey they won and are recognized by the US, so there is no reason not to recognize them"
And you can trade without being recognized, as it looked like people were trading with Taiping before they were recognized.

OOC: As a republic I need a reason for recognizing state which our people think slavery supporting. Also I think there is no need for penalty for not recognizing because not recognizing is itself penalty for both of us (we couldn't make trade deal).

OOC : As a republic what? More like as a democratic state?

Anyway, i wouldn't suggest attacking Brazil on the issues of slavery, not when any non-enemy country knows that i have tried to do it once and plan on taking steps after the war ends :p
And...get on the chat! now!

OOC: Or I could just go "Hey they won and are recognized by the US, but they will be down over the time.". :)

About trade, really? Is it possible?

Edited: I have to clarify that I don't want to see CSA down or something like that. I hope you will understand that this is just about how to play discussion.

Last edited:
OOC: Uh, why is there an argument over recognising the CSA? I thought that automatically happened since, you know, they gained their independence. And are recognised by the US of A. That's why I haven't not said nothing on the issue.

OOC: Doesn't mean I have to recognise them as a legitimate country.

13 PMs.
Urgh.
I'll get Portugal's Stats up AFTER I finish my inbox.

I get 10-17 a day from WiR. Yet somehow I am able to keep my inbox clear most of the time.