• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Kingdom of Belgium is willing to sign a trade agreement with Spain.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

The Kingdom of Belgium is willing to sign a trade agreement with Spain.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

We are pleased to be able to enter into improved commercial relations with the Kingdom of Belgium.

The Kingdom of Spain offers the CSA right of passage though our bases in Philippines (and other bases), in exchange for investment in infrastructure in our colonies.

Ottoman-Austrian trade treaty said:
1. A state of free trade between the Austrian Empire and the Ottoman Empire will come into effect.

2. Both governments will aid each other through free flow of goods.

3. The above governments will purchase products from each other at their own discretion.

[x]His Majesty Emperor Franz Josef I
[x]His Majesty Sultan Abdülaziz I

Last edited:
OOC: Ok, next person to PM with with a treaty I've agreed to do this turn gets it. All you other lucky people will have to wait till next turn, sorry folks. Boris you're already included, don't worry. If anyone wants 'normal' trade, I can fit that in as well, though only 1 I think.

Cheers for the change Fry. I didn't ask for it but it's very helpful

paraguay_flag_1.gif

The nation of Paraguay ask the nations of the world, that now that several new nations are being recognized, to recognize the newly created Riograndense Republic. An ex province of the Empire of Brazil that didn't feel identified with the monarchic style of government and decided to set up their own republic. We know that many nations have shown their goodwill towards Brazil in this war, but let this not be an excuse to avoid the cry of freedom by the people of Rio Grande

That "cry for freedom" is the result of some few being bought by the Argentinian government, it is clear that the vast majority of the population of Rio Grande do Sul shows little support for the rebels, that are a clear minority.

paraguay_flag_1.gif

It's a nation now, they have seceded from Brazil, and such thing can't be done without popular support. They already tried it back in 1845, and now this is their 2nd chance of gaining independence from such tyrannical government. It has been almost 30 years since that war, and yet Brazil hasn't done a single thing to modernize their government by adopting more democratic ways. Now they said "ENOUGH" and they have show that they want freedom and that they will fight for it.

Four nations of South America have joined to stop Brazil ambitions of conquering South America, we will show you that the Emperor can't force free people to obey him. So for your people, reason and sit down to talk peace in stead of gaining new enemies.

[X] - Signed, President Montinehuo of the Republic of Portugal

OOC: Ready for action. :)

The Kingdom of Manchuria is curious to see if the Portugese nation is interested in joining us in a trade agreement.

I would like thank for immediate trade agreement offer from The Kingdom of Manchuria. However we have to attend our domestic issues first.

OOC: Not to nitpick, but that is a name unheard of in Portugal. Is he the great-great-...-great grandson of an Aztec refugee that came to Portugal? :p
OOC: I think I will give more information regarding this issue. :)

500px-Flag_of_Empire_of_Brazil_%281847-1889%29.svg.png

So suddently the little dictator of Paraguay became a champion of democracy?
Do i need to point out the differences between the government of our countries? Paraguay being highly autocratic and filling the minds of your population with lies, Uruguay being the closest to a democratic form of government, but that was of course under OUR influence and intervention, not yours.

Of course, you are nothing more than aggressors and liars, taking Uruguay as an example, a country that granted us the right to ensure their internal stability and intervene on them when needed, like was done on 1851, decided that turning its back on the country responsible for any stability on their country was the best option.

Do i need to point out how you dominate completely the politics of Paraguay? Or how about poiting out to the obvious lack of freedom of press on your country?

People of Sweden, Norway, and Finland, we are once again united! Our history together is long and storied, one of greatness, unity, and a sense of common purpose. United by common heritage and history we can now grow together without the influence of foreign powers, and able to better make our peoples' mark on history! We call upon our people to unite and aid in the industrialization and development of industry in our great nation! Furthermore with the addition of our new colonies, thousands of miles are now open to settlement by our people.

We would also like to condemn the actions of Spain and its claims that the sale of warships was normal commerce, though we also note the CSA sales of warships but wonder if that was only due the previous Spanish sale of warships. As such we hope Spain will show sense, make more reasonable demands, and ceases in its threats towards other nations.

We congratulate the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom and the Kingdom of Manchuria on concluding their peace. That said may peace come quickly to South America. We also hope for peace to be restored Europe and Asia as well.

OOC: Welcome Portugal! We hope that our trade and cooperation can continue!

Last edited:
OOC: Ready for action. :)

I would like thank for immediate trade agreement offer from The Kingdom of Manchuria. However we have to attend our domestic issues first.

OOC: I think I will give more information regarding this issue. :)

OOC: Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games

OOC : Join us sometimes on the chat at coldfront.net ; name of the chat is #WiR_1861
(To join, type in the status tab : /join #WiR_1861)

That way you can get the hang of what's happening on the game by talking with people, also, it's plain fun there :D

OOC: Welcome to the jungle, we've got fun and games

OOC: It seems so.

OOC : Join us sometimes on the chat at coldfront.net ; name of the chat is #WiR_1861
(To join, type in the status tab : /join #WiR_1861)

That way you can get the hang of what's happening on the game by talking with people, also, it's plain fun there :D

OOC: But there is no one! :)

OOC: I really wouldn't mind some trade...