• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Confederate States of America proposes the following treaty to the United States of Colombia:

Colombian-Confederate Dual Assistance Treaty​

1. The Confederate States of America and the United States of Colombia shall engage in trade with each other.

2. The CSA agree to send a total of 200 gold to Colombia along with a team of Confederate railroad experts to assist the Colombians in eastablishing a working railroad from their ports and cities along the Atlantic/Carribean to their ports and cities along the Pacific.

3. Colombia agrees to allow Confederate goods, supplies, and men and material to move along these rail lines, free of charge, across Colombia.

[X] Robert E. Lee, President of the Confederate States of America
[ ] Sebastian Hidalgo, President of the United States of Colombia

GermanImperialFlag.gif

I do believe, that the reasoning behind the Brazilian blockade, was to stop the flow of weapons and armaments into Argentina. Warships are weapons, are they not? This clearly violates the terms of the blockade. And I do believe the Spanish knew what they were getting into.

So, the German government recognizes the right of Brazil to stop armaments trading between other nations?

The Confederate States of America proposes the following treaty to the United States of Colombia:

OOC: Where's my treaty... :(

[X] - Signed, President Montinehuo of the Republic of Portugal

The Kingdom of Manchuria is curious to see if the Portugese nation is interested in joining us in a trade agreement.

OOC: I hadn't planned on buying some of Manchuria, but it was too good of a deal to pass up, and now I need Colombia inorder to get supplies and people to my new colony. Got to keep my priorities straight.

320px-Confederate_National_Flag_since_Mar_4_1865.svg.png

The Confederare Congress has asked for Queen Isabella and the Spanish Government to calm down and engage in diplomatic talks with Brazil over this issue. Spain can not afford a war so soon after their last with France. The world understand your issue with the Brazilian blockade of Argentina, but that is what happens during war. The USA did the same thing to us during our war for independence. Free trade will continue once the war is over. The Brazilians had even offered to allow ships through, so long as weapons were not being supplied to the Triple Alliance. The world is beginning to see Spain in a bad light, and steps must be taken inorder for your people to hold some form of good opinion for your Government and Monarch.

OOC: I hadn't planned on buying some of Manchuria, but it was too good of a deal to pass up, and now I need Colombia inorder to get supplies and people to my new colony. Got to keep my priorities straight.

320px-Confederate_National_Flag_since_Mar_4_1865.svg.png

The Confederare Congress has asked for Queen Isabella and the Spanish Government to calm down and engage in diplomatic talks with Brazil over this issue. Spain can not afford a war so soon after their last with France. The world understand your issue with the Brazilian blockade of Argentina, but that is what happens during war. The USA did the same thing to us during our war for independence. Free trade will continue once the war is over. The Brazilians had even offered to allow ships through, so long as weapons were not being supplied to the Triple Alliance. The world is beginning to see Spain in a bad light, and steps must be taken inorder for your people to hold some form of good opinion for your Government and Monarch.

The Spanish government would like to remind the CSA that we have constantly shown our desire for peace, repeatedly getting our peace offers rejected by the belligerent Brazilian government, who has foolishly decided to wreck Brazil on a naval arms race, hoping to match the extraordinary might of the Spanish Armada. We will invite a representative of the CSA to the peace talks, if Brazil can be persuaded to negotiate a peace with Spain.

OOC: Why Colombia?

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway are proud to present The Treaty St. Petersburg:

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway will purchase the Grand Duchy of Finland from the Russian Empire for 1000 gold.

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway will enter into a trade agreement with the Russian Empire.

Signatories,
[X]King Charles XV, King of Sweden and Finland
[]Tsar Alexander III, Tsar of the Russian Empire

Okay. I am changing things up a bit. The Orders system is being changed, mostly because of the massive trade agreements bring thrown around.

It will not be broken down like this.

2 Treaty Orders
4 Normal Orders
4 War Orders

Any problems, contact me, and I'll explain. In a PM or on the IRC Channel please, I do not wish to clog the thread up with it.

[QUOTE\]
The situation is temporary, until we can guarantee the safety of trading ships in Brazilian waters by neutralizing the entirety of the Brazilian Navy or Brazil signs peace and vows to respect Spanish trading ships. We cannot in good conscience allow mad Brazilian admirals to open fire on foreign trading ships, without the Brazilian government taking any action to prevent it. We would like to invite a representative of the Kingdom of Belgium to discuss the possibility of setting up trade deals with Spain to prevent the loss of wealth generated by the interrupted trade.

Alternatively, we will immediately end the blockade if the Brazilian Navy disarms.
[/QUOTE]

IC: If the "Mad Brazilian Admirals" do fire upon neutral shipping them we will deal with them directly. However if Spain is such a supporter of free trade then they will allow Belgian ships heading for Brazil to pass. We call on other nations that support free trade to support us.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

OOC: Do you mean it will be that or it won't? Anyone want a treaty?

Last edited:
OOC: Assume he means now, not makes no sense.

OOC: ok

Last edited: