• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Sultan of Morocco agrees with some of the Anti Spanish Sentiment but refuses to release an official statement about the matter due to the Vital Importance of keeping reasonable relations with the Spanish Government to ensure national Survival.

OOC: In part Because I feel I need safeguards against spur of the Moment IC Coloured posts without flags are Unofficial IC (They should always be taken with a pinch of salt about their Reliability or such what and could represent gross misinformation or an unofficial sentiment or opinion towards events).

I can assure you, Spain, that Manchuria is a civilized state; westernized, however, we are not. However, it seems Spain is not the only European nation to muddy the waters between civilization and westernization: any country, it seems, that is not westernized, is not worthy of ruling itself.

OOC: I do hope you know it wasn't necessarily me that brought about the fall of the Qing. If I kept trying to play in the situation I had inherited for even 1 more turn, Manchuria, much less the Qing, would not exist. The Taiping had too much of an advantage.

The Spanish government did not question the legitimacy of the government of Manchuria to lead their nation. We only remarked that, if they were civilized, they would understand that a hallmark of civilization is precisely not launching treacherous attacks without a formal declaration of war. Your reply made things clear in this regard.

The Spanish have proven themselves to be uncivilized with their attacks on the country of Brazil. A civilized country would not invade a fellow country over a petty trade argument. These arguments should be solved over words and not blood.

The Kingdom of Spain did not find the trading of cannonballs to be an acceptable form of commerce.

The Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador and Belize finds itself in agreement with the British, Japanese, Manchu and Boer sentiments. Spain has no business interfering in American affairs. Furthermore, this move by Spain is also slightly alarming, as it means that the Spaniards might make attempts at invading those American countries which at one point long ago were under Spanish autocracy.

The Kingdom of Spain would like to condemn these baseless arguments put forth by the leadership of the Confederacy, noting that Spain was attacked by Brazilian ships, without any formal declaration of war, and we don't have any intention of invading any American country. Our peace proposal guarantees the borders of four nations whose territory was formerly Spanish, against Brazilian aggression. This should answer every attempt at smearing Spain as an imperialist power seeking to regain lost territories in the Americas.

If it does not, we will also point out that we helped safeguard Mexican independence in the war of 1861, when France invaded Mexico.

OOC: I don't understand why you would need something in the middle though. If you think you shouldn't post something, don't, then ask for private clarification with the GMs as to the consequences of said post.

GermanImperialFlag.gif

The Reich is amused at Spanish claims that the Brazilians started the war with Spain. Sure they fired the first shots, but you can't really allow warships to be sold to an enemy, which can, in turn, be used against your nation.

His Majesty's Government recalls Spain attacked France without a formal declaration of war.​

I have to apologize to the people. I thought the rapid reforms would bring benefits to our country, but it is a double-edge sword. I have lost the aristocrats trust and have put our country into debt and instability. I have now announced that that the rapid reforms will end this year. The tax reforms will come later, but I plan on doing the military reforms.

I want to rebuild what I destroyed.

The Sultan of Morocco agrees with some of the Anti Spanish Sentiment but refuses to release an official statement about the matter due to the Vital Importance of keeping reasonable relations with the Spanish Government to ensure national Survival.

OOC: In part Because I feel I need safeguards against spur of the Moment IC Coloured posts without flags are Unofficial IC (They should always be taken with a pinch of salt about their Reliability or such what and could represent gross misinformation or an unofficial sentiment or opinion towards events).

OOC: Is this enough for a "diplomatic insult" casus belli? :p

The Kingdom of Spain regrets such a stance by the Moroccan government. We understand, however, that the untruthful information circulated by Brazil might have led to such a faux pas, and thus offer the Moroccan government a chance to withdraw their statement. We wish to develop cordial relations with our Southern neighbors.

The Kingdom of Belgium requests that Spain stop blockading Brazilian ports and allow neutral ships to enter Brazilian ports unmolested.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

The situation is temporary, until we can guarantee the safety of trading ships in Brazilian waters by neutralizing the entirety of the Brazilian Navy or Brazil signs peace and vows to respect Spanish trading ships. We cannot in good conscience allow mad Brazilian admirals to open fire on foreign trading ships, without the Brazilian government taking any action to prevent it. We would like to invite a representative of the Kingdom of Belgium to discuss the possibility of setting up trade deals with Spain to prevent the loss of wealth generated by the interrupted trade.

Alternatively, we will immediately end the blockade if the Brazilian Navy disarms.

His Majesty is saddened by what looks to be the return of the Spanish branch of the Hapsburg family, or at least of leadership of the same calibre as Charles II.​

OOC: Inbreeding is the only logical explanation for such madness. That, or Spartans have turned up in Madrid. :p

The Russian Empire finds it interesting that the Spanish government is being condmened for attempting to sell warships while the Confederate States of America have received no such reprimand for the same action. The Russian Empire also believes that a nation should have the capability to defend itself and its commerce should it be attacked. Therefore we completely support Spanish actions in attempting to receive repirations from the Brazilian government.

The Moroccan Sultan would never dare insult the Spanish. The Report must have been leaked by a Junior Diplomat serving in the Newly formed Diplomatic corps designed to bring organisation to Moroccan Foreign Policy. The Sultan himself does not hold such views and seeks only to uncover more intelligence concerning the Events that began the Spanish involvement in the war. There seem increasingly to be two sides to this story and the Sultan Seeks to find out the Truth.

OOC: Semi IC context posts dropped due to large scale opposition to them. Just don't punish me too harshly for Non Flag Posts their usually quick posts poorly thought out.

We praise the Sultan for displaying some wisdom, while we are worried about it's scarceness in some countries's leaderships.

We also wish to praise the wise words of the Czar, who, like us, recognize freedom of trade, rather than being hypocrites about it, considering weaponry deals made with Brazil.

The countries that are condemning Spain's actions such as the kingdom of manchuria, Japan or the Confederacy of Guatemala should really inform themselves better.
Brazil attacked without warning, Spanish ships, just minutes after being amicably received on board, on the complete goodwill of the Spanish. Then they treacherously ordered an attack on the ships. How can any civilized nation find that honorable?!
The Spanish, then in complete benevolence, asked only for compensation on said sunk ships, however the arrogant Brazilians refused to pay anything and escalated the conflict. That the Spanish resorted to firing shots as to receive their deserved compensation is only expected, as if left to their goodwill and honor, the Brazilians will refuse to pay for all eternity as they don't possess any of those two characteristics.
Fears of spanish meddling in ex-spanish colonies is unfounded as they haven't done nothing to interfere in the affairs of sovereign nations in the Americas, unless when brutally attacked.
We endorse the Spanish claims, furthermore we announce that Argentine ports are open and friendly to spanish ships for their supply needs for the duration of their conflict with Brazil.

The Treaty of Liverpool

The parties hereby agree to the following terms:

1. Portugal shall sell the colony of Macao to the United Kingdom.

2. Portugal shall sell the colony of Goa to the United Kingdom.

3. Portugal shall sell all their East Indies colonies to the United Kingdom.

4. The United Kingdom shall pay the Portuguese 750 Gold Units.

[X] - William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister of His Majesties government acting on behalf of His Imperial Majesty The King-Emperor Edward, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India
[] - The Portuguese Representative​

It matters not at this stage who officially started the war, Spain, Argentina, Brazil, men from the moon. Instead all that matters are what can be enforced by arms or what can be worked out via treaty. Talks would be a better way to resolve some of the issues with the conflict in South America but some issues seem to require blood be paid.

OOC: Don't take this as the gospel but to me, if someone wants to comment in a middle ground way, just totally dodge what others are talking about but bring up an ic post on another issue. That is your way of saying 'I am here, I see something is going on IC but cannot or will not comment on it.'

GermanImperialFlag.gif

I do believe, that the reasoning behind the Brazilian blockade, was to stop the flow of weapons and armaments into Argentina. Warships are weapons, are they not? This clearly violates the terms of the blockade. And I do believe the Spanish knew what they were getting into.