• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Maybe but Spain just got out of a devastating war, one wonders what its population will think of going off on such an adventure when there are still internal problems particularly in Catalonia.
OOC: Its population liked it very much, they even gained +1 stability. (This isn't 20th century)

OOC: They gained stability from the naval scrimish, if anything the war destabilized them, ie Catalonia, whose population is rather restive and likely have little love for Spain. The perfect time for them to rebell is when the army is elsewhere... This what I meant, not war is bad, by jingo it's good ;)

OOC: Oh dear, Spain flexing its muscles in South America. I'm not sure anybody in Latin America would like that...(well, except for those embroiled in the war against Brazil but...)

Last edited:
It's a great day to be a Catalan.

OOC: How about a Cuban/Phillipine? :p I jest

OOC: It's a normal day to be Belgian:p

OOC: Spain has a few things going into their favor. !. They already got a victory against the Brazilians and destroyed a few ships. 2. Brazil is busy in a war with 3 other countries, one being a regional power. 3. I doubt the Catalans would revolt, they got invaded by Spain recently and got devastated themselves, I doubt they want to attempt another revolt, especially without France's help.

OOC: Spain has a few things going into their favor. !. They already got a victory against the Brazilians and destroyed a few ships. 2. Brazil is busy in a war with 3 other countries, one being a regional power. 3. I doubt the Catalans would revolt, they got invaded by Spain recently and got devastated themselves, I doubt they want to attempt another revolt, especially without France's help.

OOC: Catalonia didn't get invaded by Spain whatsoever. They were invaded by France, though.

OOC: Fry you need to give me 100 gold and take that from the Dutch because of the treaty of Jamaica.

The Union provisionally recognises the Taiping government.

Qing_Flag.png

The Qing Emperor Is angered by the foolish decision of the Union to Recognise the Taiping Rebels. Does no one realise that if you recognise one group of Rebels you instantly Legitimize all others even those opposing your own government. The Emperor asks all nations to think twice before recognising a band of rebels. Even Provisionally it will have the same effect.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

And how is a recognition of one group of rebels recognition of all? There are cases in which rebellion is justified and cases where it is not. The Heavenly Kingdom's rebellion against you is, in this case, more than justified, as you are a horrible and inept leader that must slaughter 80% of his bureaucracy in order for his government to just barely function. The southern rebels, however, have no excuse for their rebellion save some flimsy excuse of "state's rights" (despite the fact that nullification could have very easily solved that very same problem without their pointless revolt).

Furthermore, you recognized the rebel government currently occupying the southern United States, did you not? Therefore, you have absolutely no room to chaste anyone on the recognition of rebels.

As of now, there is no southern United States. We are not a rebel group, but an independent nation. The US recognizes us, so there is no excuse for you to claim us as nothing more than rebels. We have more legitamacy as a nation at this point than the Taiping rebels. You would do well to remember that.