• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Either way, it should be a curbstomp. Thats even if I bother conquering them, there are other ways to increase the Empire.

OOC: Well, the Boers outnumbered in that one. And Im not going to go the historical Victorian route of ruining the military.

But like I said, I have better ideas than conquering you.

OOC: I was talking other ideas in regards to what to do with the Boers. Who knows, if I keep them around then maybe South Afrika wont fail as badly as it did IRL.

Comparison of the Armies of the Untied States and Confederate States: June 1861

Army of Northern Virginia (USA)
lee.jpg

General Robert E. Lee

Regulars: 15,000
Conscripts: 40,000

Army of the Mississippi (USA)
grant.jpg

General Ulysses S. Grant

Regulars: 5,000
Conscripts: 10,000

Army of Southern Virginia (CSA)
stonewall.jpg

General Thomas J. Jackson

Regulars: 1,000
Conscripts: 15,000

Army of the West (CSA)
thomas.jpg

General John B. Hood

Regulars: 0
Conscripts: 15,000

Army of North Carolina (CSA)
generic10.jpg

General James Longstreet

Conscripts: 10,000

Army of Eastern Tennessee (CSA)
generic7.jpg

General Pierre G.T. Beauregard

Conscripts: 25,000

The Netherlands declares its neutrality in the German conflict but hopes a peaceful resolution can be found. Furthermore, any Dutch ship fired upon by American ships or stopped will be met by a deadly response.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Ottoman Empire or Devlet-i Âliyye-i Osmâniyye is country at the crossroads literaly and figuratively. It controls large parts of Asia, Africa and SE Europe, making it one of the vastest countries in the world. Around 30 million people live in Ottoman empire, around the same number as in Austro-Hungary, British Isles and a bit fewer than in Metropolitan France. Both Ottoman Empire and Austro-Hungary rules over collection of different nations, but, contrary to his European counterpart, only 60% Ottoman are of Muslim faith.

Ottoman Empire borders France and Austro-Hungary in the west, Persia in the east, Russia in north and is encompased by various British holdings or spheres of interest in South and South East. Of those mentioned Russia poses greatest threat to Empires survival. While just recently checked by combined efforts of British, French, Ottaman and various smaller allies Orthodox giant still have twice as big population, 5-7 times greater capacity to raise funds and six times more men.

It's no wonder, that integration, security of state, increase of commerce and industrial production and modernization of armed forces have taken most of Sultans energy, but, it's equally evident, that there is still long way to go. As Tanzimatdesigned by Sultan Mahmud II and continued by Sultan Abdülmecid is almost complete there is a need of new plan. Plan that will prepare Empire for it's entry into industrial age.

For this reason Sultan Abdülmecid Mehmed Emin Aali Pasha, Hatt-ı Hümayun, Mustafa Reshid Pasha and other statesmen of greater and lesser importance have gathered in Istanbul to discuss possible action. While no details of this meeting was made known to public 4 main courses of action was:

Ottoman spirit (society) - Osmanlı ruhu
Governance and law - Yönetim ve hukuk
Infrastructure and Industry - Altyapı ve Endüstri
Powerful military - Güçlü askeri

First actions to introduce reforms have already been started. To pleasant surprise of Sultan Abdülmecid both France and Great Britain have agreed to lend a helpful hand. Influx of funds from private investors for railway line Izmir-Eģirdir have preceded signing mentioned treaties. Truly a signal of growing trust between our people. As of July 1861 two new railway lines are open for private investors - Istanbul-Izmit and Ankara-Eskişehir. Foreign investors with experience with railroad development are welcome to contact state rail company - Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Devlet Demiryolları, that are responsible for planning, choosing investors and overseeing rail development. For the time being actual building and management of railway lines will remain private enterprise.
Ottoman railway map:
2ajymxd.png

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

Last edited:
OOC: Yay for using Turks as human shields against Russia!

OOC: Doom, respond to my pm.

OOC: Then respond to the pm with ...!

FlagoftheAustrianEmpire.png

In light of the recent Prussian aggression against the state of Bavaria and other minor German states, I Emperor Franz Joseph I, authorize a decoration of war against the Kingdom of Prussia. The Austrian army will be mobilized. May god have mercy on our souls.

Ahh. The Austro-Prussian War. Someone's 5 years early.

The German states are going to war again over unification. We will be sending our armies to Aaberaa and Flenburg in case the german minority there starts to rebel over unification.

Even though Prussia is seen as a threat towards our relations with Holstein and Flenburg, we will be guarding the Baltic sea for Prussia. Any ship that is at war with Prussia and its allies will not be able to enter the Baltic sea. We do this to protect the ports of the Baltic, Prussian, Russian, Swedish, and Danish ports.All neutral nations will be allowed to eenter the Baltic and will recieve protection.

We also ask Hanover to revoke its declaration of war, it would only bring more harm to you. If you revoke it, you will be allowed to access the Baltic.

Her Majesties Government again asks that we be allowed to mediate a ceasefire between all powers involved.​

OOC: Suirantes, Her Majesties Government is not involved in the practice of junk mail.