• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Belgium is disgusted by Bavaria's actions we will be removing our Diplomatic Staff from Munich and recognizing Bavaria as part of the German Empire. We wish Germany the best of luck in dealing with the Bavarian rebels.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

Last edited:
3573560720_5565047213.jpg

The German Federation

We will use every and any available tactic to win this war and save the German people.

Prussia is occupying land, has an unhappy populous and most importantly, it is at War. The nations of the world knew the risks when pegging their currencies to that of Prussias. We cannot be held reponsible for your poor descision and your poor risk analysis.

So the King of Belgium just decided to up and recognize a sovereign nation as a group of rebels? This will do no more to help stabilize Europe than, for example, Russia recognizing you as rebels from the Netherlands and calling for your governments end.

OOC: Personally I'd invest every last mark in industry and infrastructure, meaning that when the mark returns to the gold standard the German Reich would be making MUCH more money.
OOC: Perhaps, but that would still shake confidence in the Mark and leave illegitimate bills in circulation (something that would run counter to the stability previously promised - and expected - most importantly it would harm his own populace's opinion). Also if the press keep going and he takes no steps to stop then inflation would continue.
That said he should burn the printing presses to the ground, hang those responsible, and if necessary work with Austria to erase the confederation. (pity I have soft spot for Bavaria)

The Bavarians have once yet proven that they are nothing more than barbarians willing to destabilize Europe, and they have suceeded on doing so, at the future costs of their lives.

We hope the German Empire destroys these rebels soon, we are also hopeful that steps will be taken to defeat the newly created inflation.

At least the Kingdom of Belgium does not use underhand tactics that will damage the global economy simply to spite your enemy when you have already lost the war.

OOC: So did Brazil just do what I did and stop recognizing the Bavarians?

3573560720_5565047213.jpg

The German Federation

We will now address the nations which have made statements towards us:

To Brazil: We are the barbarians? Haven't you got a slave to beat?
To the Dutch province of Belgium: Bye!
To the USA: Your complaint has been noted
To Qing: Come get us!
To Japan: We don't care
To Sweden: Cheerio!

OOC: This is fun :)

OOC: You can't recognize me as the Dutch province of Belgium since the Dutch recognize Belgium as a nation.

OOC: Yeah, the Brits did try it on turn 1 I believe, but my chaps caught them at it. We've kissed and made up since.

OOC: You can't recognize me as the Dutch province of Belgium since the Dutch recognize Belgium as a nation.

OOC: Well I just did :p

OOC: Sorry no you can but even the Dutch won't agree (at least not yet). Anyway It's a one turn thing. :p

The poor Bavarian king likes to talk about slaves, perhaps the only reason your nation never had to deal with that annoyance is because it is a poor, landlocked nation?

At least i'm an abolitionist, can't say the same about you, maybe if given the chance your bavarians would try to enslave your neighbours, like you kept trying to do.

At least the Kingdom of Belgium does not use underhand tactics that will damage the global economy simply to spite your enemy when you have already lost the war.

OOC: So did Brazil just do what I did and stop recognizing the Bavarians?

OOC : I never supported the Bavarians, i always was supportive of Prussia->Germany, since the start.

OOC: But you still recognized Bavaria as a nation right?

Once again Brazil, your knowledge astonishes me. We don't have slaves because our people and nation doesn't want them, unlike many in your own nation. I'm not sure how being small and landlocked has anything to do with slaves.

Furthermore, we are fighting to free the German people from the slavery and oppression of Prussia. It is the whole reason for the war, which I would like to add, we didn't start.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I would like to politely inform the Brazilians that Bhutan, a small, tiny, impoverished, landlocked nation in India, also employs the institution of slavery.

Brazilians, as always, are willing to use any excuse to avoid responsibility for their actions and decisions.

I would like to politely inform the Brazilians that Bhutan, a small, tiny, impoverished, landlocked nation in India, also employs the institution of slavery.

And your point is...?
I never said that it was impossible for landlocked and poor countries to employ slaves, however, i stated that the bavarian king would allow it if given the chance, like he tries to do with other germans.

OOC : So Argentina defends the Bavarians? Well...what can i say?

OOC: No, I'm poking your defence of slavery. If you're gonna accuse me, do it IC please.