• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A country may only switch their currency every 5 years. Even then, it will cause a drop in their economy, as it has to re-tool to the new values.

640px-Swedish_norwegian_union_flag.svg.png

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway are pleased to announce the Swedish-Norwegian-American Treaty of Free Trade:

Recognizing the need for the increased liberalization of trade and the importance of further economic development,

Reaffirming the historic cultural and political bonds between the United States of America and the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway,

Applauding the United States stance on the question of slavery in the areas of succession,

The United States of America and the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway will enter into a trade area where-in tariffs will be reduced to a maximum of 20%.

Signatories,
[X] Signed King Charles XV, King of the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway
[] Signed President Lincoln of the United States of America

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway would also like to announce the Swedish-Norwegian-German Treaty of Free Trade:

Recognizing the need for the increased liberalization of trade and the importance of further economic development,

Reaffirming the historic cultural and political bonds between the German Empire and the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway,

The German Empire and the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway will enter into a trade area where-in tariffs will be reduced to a maximum of 20%.

Signatories,
[X] King Charles XV, King of the United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway
[] Kaiser Fredrich I, Kaiser of the German Empire

OOC: Does the current system of currency selection affect us or will this first one be "free." I put the two treaties in a single post so as to not double post but I can separate them if preferred.

Last edited:
Signed, President Lincoln of the United States of America.

OOC : Just a reminder to the new players, in case they don't know : Trade agreements with player nations each take up a order.
As for NPC nations i think that as long as they are all in the same region it has no problems using an order to sign trade agreements with a number of them.

Somenoe correct me if i'm wrong.

One Trade Agreement, One Order. Doesn't matter if its NPC or Player.

OOC: Is the current Currencies going to be the staple ones for the entire game? Or will more than 4 currencies be added. Because the Swedes and Denmark would love the Krona even with the swedes lowering its value with their swedishness. :p

Denmark Would like to announce that we will be using the Franc as the national currency. The franc is growing at a great speed and changing to it will only benefit the nation. It is also to increase relations with France and other nations who use the Franc. The currency will be called the Danish Franc.

I, Emperor Joseph I, announce that the economy will not change. We will continue to use the Austrian Mark. Which some say is identical to the British pound in value. Which is rather true. But it is called the Austrian mark!

OOC: The Swedes would say the same about the Danes... But, yeah Krone/Krona, though the Swedish/Norwegian one is now linked to the Mark, and thus currently more valuable.

Also, I was aware of the treaty restrictions

As it stands, there will be five currencies as the reserve. As currencies die out *Glares are the CSA* I will add more to replace them. In order of possibility of being added, we have;

Austrian Gulden (F)
Dutch Guilder (ƒ)
Russian Ruble (руб)
Swedish Krona (Kr)
Italian Lira (₤)

OOC: Frymonmon, do I have to stick with the CSA dollar? I would really rather tie my economy to Germany or France, as I wasn't even aware Suirantes had sent orders to print money like crazy like the OTL CSA foolishly did.

Nope, they will remain as is. The CSA in particular is only included because I wanted to remove it from the rest of the economies for the duration of the war. Once the war is over, I might, epending on the value, keep or remove the CSD (If you win of course. If you lose, it's getting removed.)

Chances are after the war I will remove the CSD and slap something else there.

OOC: I would guess austria at this rate.

One Trade Agreement, One Order. Doesn't matter if its NPC or Player.

OOC : But what about that thing of trading conferences where some countries signed more than 1 trade agreement...don't tell me that they used up one order for each of these countries?! :eek:hmy:

Well, i was thinking i could do something like that with one order, then just consider that i am inviting Colombia to talk about trade...

OOC: I never ordered to print money as the CSA. THat is why you never knew.

OOC: Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why would I want anyone using my currency if it gives me no benefits? All it would do is increase the chance that it would be ruined.

OOC: Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why would I want anyone using my currency if it gives me no benefits? All it would do is increase the chance that it would be ruined.

OOC: There not using your currency there just basing there own of it.
For example: Austria prints heaps and the Austrian Mark falls to 0.50 gold but the pound will stay at 0.90. If the you print heaps and the pound falls to 0.50 then the Austrian Mark will also fall to 0.50.

Last edited:
GermanImperialFlag.gif

The Reich is pleased to see other nations taking it upon themselves to use the mark as a standard in their nations. We will do our utmost to keep the mark stable and help it grow for years to come.