+ Reply to Thread
Page 226 of 316 FirstFirst ... 126 151 176 201 216 224 225 226 227 228 236 251 276 301 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,520 of 6317

Thread: [Forum Game] - World in Revolution: 1861

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

OOC: We're far more civilized than you. All you seem to care about is boiling people alive in pots of imported tea, whereas we Boers are just simple farmers that mind our own business.
    A rebel without a cause.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny View Post
    OOC: Does it really matter anyway? Aside from the British Empire (Excluding Ireland and South Afrika), Germany, the US, Russia, France, Italy and Austria, the rest are all savages of some sort. No offence meant to the Ottomans, but you aren't Gentlemen yet, but you're well on your way.
    Belgium was the second nation to industrialize they are definately western as well. And we're gentlemen
    ~His Excellency, William Hughes, Prime Minister of Australia in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1920 Mk II

"Stop fighting wars you stupid cunts"
    -Shynka, Peace Activist, 2014

Victoria 2

OOC: Does it really matter anyway? Aside from the British Empire (Excluding Ireland and South Afrika), Germany, the US, Russia, France, Italy and Austria, the rest are all savages of some sort. No offence meant to the Ottomans, but you aren't Gentlemen yet, but you're well on your way.
    OOC: Hey, the Dutch aren't savages

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So China. What did you choose. I didn't see anything on your choice of currency.
    Creator of World in Revolution
    <Haresus> [#WiR_Main] proves why monarchies and dictatorships are not completely rubbish.
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

HoI AnthologyCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

You mean "So Qing". I'm obviously the real China. And I'll pick the British Pound for now.

OOC : Really, Korea managing to get communists to it and not suffering a (reactionary) coup is strange, as the government and people should be quite reactionary...or at least conservative...

You forgot Brazil!

And we will probably continue to use the british pound, do i need to say that IC?
    (The other option would be the German currency, hmmm, in the distant future i might try to use the Real)

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

ooc: heh, I am the only one without a civil war. My currency rocks!
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

OOC: Hum...the American dollar, which is poop but shows my faith in the Union, or the Mark, which is strong but is held by the ally of my enemy...hrm...
    A rebel without a cause.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

To respond to earlier: Ireland is using the German Mark. Their money is on par with the Mark, and in turn, a Gold Unit.

For now. If they start printing like mad, their currency will plummet.
    <Haresus> [#WiR_Main] proves why monarchies and dictatorships are not completely rubbish.
    Awarded WritAAR of the Week Feb 05, 2012 | 3rd Place Winner of the AARland Choice AwAARds 2012 (Round 2) for Empire of the Pacific | Awarded Fan of the Week September 16th, 2012 | Awarded 2012 VictAARian Cross for Empire of the Pacific

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: would my pops be pissed if I used the franc?
    Kingdom of Ireland in WiR 1778

Formally Venice in The Long 19th Century: 1789, UK in WiR 1920, Colombia in WiR 1861 Mk. II, Scandinavia in WiR ALT 1901 , The Shi Empire in Fallout: War Never Changes, The Swiss Confederation in WiR 1900 Gran Colombia in Pure Madness 2 Iron Hills in Lord without Rings Scandinavia in BoP 1946, The Kingdom of Naples in KaK, The Kingdom of Naples in WiR 1756, Gran Colombia/Bavaria in WiR 1861, Gran Colombia in (Alt Hist) WiR 1815, Denmark in WiR 1804, Argentina in WiR 1836, UK in WiR 2020, USA in WiR 1776 Lite, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons 2.0, Zouche in The Kingdom, Goldschmidt in Crisis in the Reichstag, Howard in The Presidents, Vanderbilt in Empires: Commerce and Industry, Frazer in Twenty Thousand Leagues and La Plata in Pure Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Frymonmon View Post
    To respond to earlier: Ireland is using the German Mark. Their money is on par with the Mark, and in turn, a Gold Unit.

For now. If they start printing like mad, their currency will plummet.
    OOC: Will that have bad effects for me?

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The Kingdom of Belgium will use the German Mark as the base for its currency at the moment.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

OOC: I don't think so Morrell it's the Irish currency not yours there just using the Mark as a base.
    ~His Excellency, William Hughes, Prime Minister of Australia in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1920 Mk II

"Stop fighting wars you stupid cunts"
    -Shynka, Peace Activist, 2014

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway will move to the Mark, given the strong cultural ties and economic prosperity in the German Empire.

OOC:
    Hey, what about us Swedes and Norwegians, to a lesser extent the Danes too?

In regards to currency, the pound is tempting but the Mark makes more sense, though a future Krone/Krona would be an aim.
    GM of Keldoniaskylar's the Rise of a Super Power

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

OOC: Cant Germany just ban them from using their currency?
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Majesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandPride of Nations500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Morrell8 View Post
    OOC: Will that have bad effects for me?
    I think he means the Irish Punt's value will plummet. Thus there is no moral hazard for Germany other than someone claiming to base their (soon to be worthless) currency off theirs.
    GM of Keldoniaskylar's the Rise of a Super Power

Ruler of Somewhere else Thandros's Avatar
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSemper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsRise of PrussiaEuropa Universalis IV

In a Secret Underground Bunker 50km beneath the Earth's surface

A meeting of Economists and bankers working for the National Bank of China have finally come to a decision on which currency to be base the New Chinese Currency the Yuan on. The British pound was rejected due to the recent war creating some dislike towards the British in China. The American Currencies are both very weak and are consider dangerous to base a currency on them (Also I dislike America) and the Franc was rejected because it is French. The Currency will be initially based on the German mark clearly the Rising currency of Europe. Although the Demands of war may force additional printing of money forcing the New Chinese Yuan value down but it is currently based on the Strong German Mark.

Bavaria - Use the franc and wave bye to any chance of survival.

Germany - You will not be effected by the Irish mucking up their currency.

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek

I have been informed that, after a vote, the Volksraad has passed new legislation in order to peg the Rand to the German Mark.

OOC: What is the Cape Republic using, Fry?
    A rebel without a cause.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

OOC: I still don't get what are the effective differences of choosing between dollars, marks, pounds or francs. Are we bound to be affected by that currency owner monetary policy?
    Else it only shows a rough political alignment, doesn't it?
    God Emperor of Japan in The End of an Era: 1917 Balance of Power
    President of the Argentine Confederation in World in Revolution: 1861
    Prime Minister of Communist Israel, Puppet Master of Jordan, Iraq, Greater Syria and Kurdistan in 1948: Balance of Power (world nuked into oblivion by treacherous capitalists!)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Frymonmon View Post
    Bavaria - Use the franc and wave bye to any chance of survival.
    OOC: But them I'm basically stuck with the crappy unstable dollar....
    Kingdom of Ireland in WiR 1778

Formally Venice in The Long 19th Century: 1789, UK in WiR 1920, Colombia in WiR 1861 Mk. II, Scandinavia in WiR ALT 1901 , The Shi Empire in Fallout: War Never Changes, The Swiss Confederation in WiR 1900 Gran Colombia in Pure Madness 2 Iron Hills in Lord without Rings Scandinavia in BoP 1946, The Kingdom of Naples in KaK, The Kingdom of Naples in WiR 1756, Gran Colombia/Bavaria in WiR 1861, Gran Colombia in (Alt Hist) WiR 1815, Denmark in WiR 1804, Argentina in WiR 1836, UK in WiR 2020, USA in WiR 1776 Lite, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons 2.0, Zouche in The Kingdom, Goldschmidt in Crisis in the Reichstag, Howard in The Presidents, Vanderbilt in Empires: Commerce and Industry, Frazer in Twenty Thousand Leagues and La Plata in Pure Madness

+ Reply to Thread