+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 317 FirstFirst ... 108 133 158 183 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 233 258 283 308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 6325

Thread: [Forum Game] - World in Revolution: 1861

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: oh well, a South American war will be very fun to watch.
    ~His Catholic Majesty, Charles III, King of Spain in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1778
    ~His Royal Majesty, Frederick-William III, King of Prussia in Stormbringer's 1789: The Long 19th Century
    ~His Royal Majesty, George I, King of the Hellenes in KeldoniaSkylar's A Question of Power
    ~Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz, Wali of Tanja in XVG's Caliphate on the Edge
    ~Harald Beronsson, Jarl of Cuthrúm in BlackBishop's The Crown of Norseland
    ~Frederick von Innsbruck-Brno in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals"
    ~His Imperial Majesty, Tarondor, Emperor of Numenor, King of Gondor, Prince of Illithien, Archduke of Calenardhon, Duke of Near Harad, Lord of the Anduin, Count of Minas Anor, Marshal of the Army of Mithril, Admiral of the Iron Fleet, Wielder of Narsil, Heir of Elendil, Destroyer of Umbar and Slayer of Sauron in Afaslizo's Lord without Rings

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

OOC: Let's hope that it redirects immigrants to me! The only peaceful and prospering part of America.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    OOC: Let's hope that it redirects immigrants to me! The only peaceful and prospering part of America.
    OOC : Keep in mind that most brazilian regions will be safe, the war is actually way more dangerous to Argentina if i manage to beat him, as his industrial heartland is near the border.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

OOC: So is yours (or at least a large portion of it) and I'd say Uruguay would have something to say about this.

EDIT: Hang on I don't think you border each other in the East yet. and what about Paraguay they had a very large military at this point.
    Last edited by Spectre17; 18-03-2012 at 23:33.
    ~His Catholic Majesty, Charles III, King of Spain in Frymonmon's World in Revolution 1778
    ~His Royal Majesty, Frederick-William III, King of Prussia in Stormbringer's 1789: The Long 19th Century
    ~His Royal Majesty, George I, King of the Hellenes in KeldoniaSkylar's A Question of Power
    ~Nasir ibn Ahmad ibn Bakr al-Fayuz, Wali of Tanja in XVG's Caliphate on the Edge
    ~Harald Beronsson, Jarl of Cuthrúm in BlackBishop's The Crown of Norseland
    ~Frederick von Innsbruck-Brno in theAhawk's A Federation of "Equals"
    ~His Imperial Majesty, Tarondor, Emperor of Numenor, King of Gondor, Prince of Illithien, Archduke of Calenardhon, Duke of Near Harad, Lord of the Anduin, Count of Minas Anor, Marshal of the Army of Mithril, Admiral of the Iron Fleet, Wielder of Narsil, Heir of Elendil, Destroyer of Umbar and Slayer of Sauron in Afaslizo's Lord without Rings

OOC: Paraguay will probably gang bang like it tried to historically, only this time with no Triple Alliance in the way.

OOC : Yeah, they will probably try to invade both me and Argentina at the same time...something close to what happened historically, that or they might just try to go straigh for Uruguay.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

Argentine Ultimatum:
    As the Brazilian Government seems to be stalling the negotiations we have these demands:
    - Brazil will officially apologize for the harsh action. The body must be given back to Argentina and the Emperor himself must come to Buenos Aires and participate in the funeral
    -Argentine investigators will be allowed full freedom to investigate the matter.
    -The ones indicted by the Argentine inquiry shall be trialed and face whatever consequence of the trial in Argentine soil.
    -The brazilian government will pay compensation for the family of the victim.

Failure to respond to it in (in game 1 hour) or a negative regarding it can only be answered with war.
    God Emperor of Japan in The End of an Era: 1917 Balance of Power
    President of the Argentine Confederation in World in Revolution: 1861
    Prime Minister of Communist Israel, Puppet Master of Jordan, Iraq, Greater Syria and Kurdistan in 1948: Balance of Power (world nuked into oblivion by treacherous capitalists!)

EU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    OOC : Yeah, they will probably try to invade both me and Argentina at the same time...something close to what happened historically, that or they might just try to go straigh for Uruguay.
    OOC: What? THey don't even border each other.
    "No matter how alone you feel, Dyranum is always there to point out how utterly terrible you are at spelling." —Shynka

? (primary) and Lanterfanter den Tweede Slak (secondary) in Edge of Europe. Formerly Suive Opiniâtrement les Régles (retired), Officer Gun Gun (deceased), Deputy Lambin l'Escargot (deceased), Méfiezvous du Calembour (deceased), and Deputy Houdt van Kaas Hakkihäälinen (retired).
    Creator and GM of: Dark Horizons, Dark Horizons 2.0, Pure Madness, The Countries of an Alternate World, Twenty Thousand Leagues Over the Sea, Pure Madness 2: We couldn't decide on a subtitle
    Co-Creator and GM of: Kingdoms and Khanates
    Nations played in Nation Games: Guatemala/FNCA (WiR1861), Serbia (WiR1900), France (WiR1900), Terran Ascendancy(DH2), Commune of France(Kaiserreich), Basileia Rhomaion (KaK), DPRK (WiR2020), RSFSR and associates (BoP1920:TTY), Harad (LotR), Armenia (DDD), DPRK (PM2), Romania/Rhomânia! (WiR1901), DPRK (WiR2020 Mk.II)

Once again, your demands are unacceptable and humilliating, we have offered a reasonable counter-offer, which your refused.

- Brazil will officially apologize for the harsh action. The body will be given back to Argentina and a representative of the Emperor, together with his delegation, will be sent to participate in the funeral.
    - Brazilian investigators will investigate the matter.
    - The ones indicted by the inquiry shall be trialed and face consequences according to Brazilian law, however, they will suffer their punishment on Argentine soil.
    - The brazilian government will pay compensation for the family of the victim, if he is proved innocent. However, if the accusations of the Argentine press prove to be false, the brazilian government must receive compensation for the problem caused by their rushed conclusions.

I ask that neighbouring South-American nations stay out of that conflict, we don't want the fires of war to run through your fields as well.

*Dom Pedro II addresses to a crowd outside the Imperial palace in Rio de Janeiro

Brazilians! We are being treacherously attacked by the ones that claimed to be our friends, they even dared to refuse a generous offer to avoid a bloodbath that would be a war on our continent!

One year ago these Argentinians claimed to be our friends, signing a trade agreement with us, however now they throw wild accusations on us, refusing to allow for investigations to take place and putting the blame of the death of one man on the entire country! Let's not hear any more of this, they desire war, they desire to see us broken, but i tell you my brothers, we are strong and potent, our army and leadership are both capable, our navy will protect our coast against these aggressions. Join the army now and let's bring a swift end to this aggression, don't allow the treacherous backstabbers in Argentina to destroy our beautiful country, rise! Once more i ask you, join the army and defend the Fatherland against this invasion!

GLORY TO THE FATHERLAND!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre17 View Post
    OOC: So is yours (or at least a large portion of it) and I'd say Uruguay would have something to say about this.
    OOC : Mine is distributed along the coast...most of it is in Rio de Janeiro, that isn't as close to the front as Buenos Aires

Quote Originally Posted by Dyranum View Post
    OOC: What? THey don't even border each other.
    Maybe, they will probably want to gain control of a certain river tough...

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre17 View Post
    OOC: oh well, a South American war will be very fun to watch.
    OOC: We could just ship our armies over and invade both capitals?
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

OOC: Im busy... oh wait, its Argentina... Im sure I can spare something to keep them in their place.
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

Quote Originally Posted by DoomBunny View Post
    OOC: Im busy... oh wait, its Argentina... Im sure I can spare something to keep them in their place.
    OOC: You hit your decade quota for random overseas invasions already. Stop trying to be the world bully. Let someone else bully around.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 15
    Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cesar View Post
    More IC.
    OOC: I had to mess with doom ooc first. He has it coming.

If both nations are that set on war then there is little that could be done to forestall the death and destruction ahead. Many European cities could serve as a neutral site to conduct peace talks safely during the conflict. As world trade continues to struggle its way forward though neither side in this looming conflict should even consider attacking neutral shipping.
    Priceless

We won't give any orders to attack foreign ships, however we discourage trading with Argentina for the duration of the war, as a blockade will be placed on their shores in order to prevent weapons and such from reaching Argentina, their food production is big and therefore their citizens will not starve because of our blockade, unless the government proves itself inefficient.

Better than Royalty (ABB) DoomBunny's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldThe Kings CrusadeMajesty 2
    Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSword of the Stars
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandPride of NationsRise of PrussiaCK2: Holy Knight500k club

OOC: Quota? This is 1861, Market Forces are the driving argument, not your ridiculous Communist Quotas.

Sorry Cesar, Ill IC now.
    "Petrarch was right" - Petrarch||||"Petrarch is actually right" - LYNCHY||||"Petrarch was banned" - Robotic Maniac

"Tiger powder-induced eastern shenanigans" - Finnish Lord||||"I really enjoyed the Gulag" - Blade!||||"So sexy" - Franconian on violent insanity||||"The soft-pr0n ... I like it for the atmosphere it creates and the sheer spectacle of the thing" - Tufto||||"Swans are as dangerous as wolves. Got it." - Some fat racist German bloke in cheekless leiderhosen panties||||"I pooped myself. And then I did it again." - Yakman||||"Glory to the Confederate clan!" - Robotic Maniac

"I have hot cousins"||||"I once jokingly *CENSORED FOR FORUM* all my friends in the PE changing room"||||"I would lick GAZPROM drilled oil off of his shiny nipples" - Shynka, on incest, sport, and Vladimir Putin

<Doom> Sent Shynka some pics of my ass.||||<mathrim-afk> Looks great

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k club

Citizens, brothers! Conflict is fast drawing towards our land!
    Not long after we denounced their military build up, and after they cynically denied its intents, we see what it was its purpose all along: to wage war of aggression!
    The lawlessness of their country allows their police to murder an upstanding citizen, heroically defending property that wasn't even theirs, and yet they expect us to trust justice to such a flawed and biased system? That's unnaceptable!
    Refusing our fair demands of just investigation they admit their guilt, and when the government refuses to handle over the guilty parties it must bear the responsibility of such actions.
    Without doubt they engineered the whole ordeal to be used as a pretext for war, and right now their armies and navies march forward seeking the destruction of our land!
    Citizen, you way of life, your property, your freedom is at stake here! Barons, counts and other nobles come wanting more land to rule over and more people to enslave, but they will not have any here!! (wild cheers from the audience)
    Our whole land will rise up as one, and will beat the invaders back, handing the murderers justice!
    As brothers our fighting spirit will be unmatched, as equals our devotion to the cause will be our victory. Their oppressed slaves and serfs pressed into service will be no match to an army of free men!
    Rise Argentina, and show the world what free men and women can achieve!
    Prime Minister of Communist Israel, Puppet Master of Jordan, Iraq, Greater Syria and Kurdistan in 1948: Balance of Power (world nuked into oblivion by treacherous capitalists!)

500k club

Furthermore Argentina as a nation of true gentlemen and not war savages will not attack neutral trade ships and we hope the Brazilians won't sink as low as to attack neutral third parties shipping.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMarch of the Eagles
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The German Federation

We are in our Darkest hours. The vile Prussians and traitorous Hungarians are pushing into our lands. However we are still full of fight! We are still strong! We will be victorious!

OOC: Im buggered . Maybe I can just surrender to Switzerland and be annexed by them.....
    Kingdom of Ireland in WiR 1778

Formally Venice in The Long 19th Century: 1789, UK in WiR 1920, Colombia in WiR 1861 Mk. II, Scandinavia in WiR ALT 1901 , The Shi Empire in Fallout: War Never Changes, The Swiss Confederation in WiR 1900 Gran Colombia in Pure Madness 2 Iron Hills in Lord without Rings Scandinavia in BoP 1946, The Kingdom of Naples in KaK, The Kingdom of Naples in WiR 1756, Gran Colombia/Bavaria in WiR 1861, Gran Colombia in (Alt Hist) WiR 1815, Denmark in WiR 1804, Argentina in WiR 1836, UK in WiR 2020, USA in WiR 1776 Lite, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons, Human-Sandhana in Dark Horizons 2.0, Zouche in The Kingdom, Goldschmidt in Crisis in the Reichstag, Howard in The Presidents, Vanderbilt in Empires: Commerce and Industry, Frazer in Twenty Thousand Leagues and La Plata in Pure Madness

Quote Originally Posted by Duke of Britain View Post
    We won't give any orders to attack foreign ships, however we discourage trading with Argentina for the duration of the war, as a blockade will be placed on their shores in order to prevent weapons and such from reaching Argentina, their food production is big and therefore their citizens will not starve because of our blockade, unless the government proves itself inefficient.
    A nation cannot both blockade another and not be willing to attack foreign ships. Just how far are your armed forces willing to go? Only assembled weapons? Materials ready to be assembled into weapons? Is iron to be intercepted as well? France is trying to stretch forth our trade fleets across the globe but that is a large stretch of South America you aim to blockade.

OOC: I would help super Bavaria if I could but the Prussians could swat my army aside with 2 hands tied behind their back atm.
    Priceless

+ Reply to Thread