• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
El Buenos Aires Tiempo

Today in Rio de Janeiro, an Argentine Senator, Juan Pablo, was murdered by Brazillian Police for "Crimes against the state." As it turns out, Señor Pablo was actually trying to prevent a sabatoge attempt by a Brazillian slaveholder against a factory, which was planted with an explosive device, which exploded and destroyed the factory and set fire to several surrounding factories, disabling them. Word has reached us that the Argentine Government has officially declared war upon the Empire of Brazil, demanding that they pay them reparations for the dead civilian and an official apology.

It is sad that the Argentinian government decided to take such a harsh action whiout previous thinking or negotiations, we demand that the Argentinian goverment holds back and allow us to conduct a proper investigation and punish any culprits before starting a war on our continent.

OOC : I take it my population is bigger than the argentinian, right? :p

We would like to say the the British government that we are not peasants and we are aming to become the centre of learning in all of the World.

What the Irish Bastard lacks in sense, he makes up for in humour. Perhaps he may spend his time in jail entertaining the other prisoners.​

OOC: When I grow up, I want to be a whale!

Technically, Im allowed to call him a bastard as James Stephens was a bastard.

Syber, its pretty obvious by now that Fry just loves to throw spanners into the works of things.

This murder is another crime against civilization that continues to plague the world. If nations are to fight one another then many will die but peace needs to be respected otherwise. Regardless of relations each nation has for another there must be a certain level of civility during times of peace or the whole system countless lives depends on could come crashing down upon us all.

I never desired for it to turn out like this, and if the Argentinians backed down i would order a fair investigation to take place and would punish any culprits, however, if the Argentinians desire to throw our countries to war, then i call for all Brazilians to defend the Fatherland.
I still wait for the Argentinians to answer if they truly desire war with us.

Keep in mind that the murder wasn't ordered by the government, the action was harsh and there is the possibility that the responsible for the death of the Argentine senator was supportive of the slaveowners, if this story by the Argentinian newspaper is true.

OOC : I will probably make a bigger, proper IC post after the Argentinian post.

Would Brazil allow French investigators to take part to guarantee fairness of result? Surely both nations consider France as an impartial side interested in only the truth. If the Brazilian government is willing to talk trade treaty they should no doubt allow us to help avoid a destructive conflict.

Should the government of Argentina back down and apologize for their rushed action, we are willing to allow neutral investigators from a third party to help conduct investigations.
Perhaps they could apologize for a rush to action and you could apologize for the fact the death took place on your soil and the talks and investigation could start off on an equal footing?

This is outrageous! A Senator of the Republic murdered while trying to stop terrorists! A set of demands is being set to Rio de Janeiro now.

GermanImperialFlag.gif

Friends, Germans, we have suffered several small setbacks in this war against the Austrians, as they continue to call their minorities to fight and die. They will not fight to like men. They instead relegate the war to sieges and skirmishes showin all that they are in awe of the skill and prowess of the German War Machine. But we have won victory on the frontlines these past months, the Bavarian front has been driving into the heartland of that nation.

On the home front, we are winning ever more victories. Our centralized bureaucracy is more efficient and fair than ever, our freshly aquired colonies in the Caribbean are prospering where they had once been mere French backwaters and soon, our West African colonies will be prospering as well.

Deutschland über alles!

OOC: Your turn will come morrell. :ninja::ninja:

We encourage both countries to come to the negotiating table and end this war before it starts. We could hold a conference in Brussels and Belgium act as an independent mediator if both countries agree.

Leopold I King of the Belgians
OOC: Hands off! I was here first. :p

We encourage both countries to come to the negotiating table and end this war before it starts. We could hold a conference in Brussels and have Belgium act as an independent mediator if both countries agree.

Leopold I King of the Belgians

There will be no international investigators. This is 1863.
OOC: I meant I take charge and do it myself, not some big scale international investigation. :unsure:

Well I can still act as mediator and could send a judge over to conduct the trial to be impartial? :unsure:

OOC: I'm just offering to mediate a peace treaty. Cesar why don't you ever do any IC posts?

OOC: I'm demanding my guys go there, have freedom to investigate, and in the conclusion incarcerate/execute whomever they deem responsible, is that possible?

Perhaps they could apologize for a rush to action and you could apologize for the fact the death took place on your soil and the talks and investigation could start off on an equal footing?

If the Argentinian government is willing to compromise for an acceptable agreement, that would be possible, however, if they are not, then i can only apologize to the family of the dead senator and carry on with the preparations for the defense of my nation.

OOC : Wait, so it isn't possible that France comes investigate instead of Brazil or Argentina?

OOC: Maybe arrest anyone they deem responsible but then have them tried by a court of both Argentinians and Brazilians