• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
With a rebounding economy and more friendly nations abroad, the French people can take advantage of this situation in a unique way. The government will be undergoing a defense reform to help guarantee our people stay safe from invading forces and our harbors stay protected. To that end some new technologies will be needed. Enterprising young inventors with any seemingly strange new ideas about the various instruments of warfare are invited to Paris to meet with others as well as our own military officials to discuss and compare their ideas. Only by pushing forward with our defense capabilities can we fully guarantee our homes are never again burnt nor harbors destroyed. There will be very well paying jobs available for those whose ideas prove worth pursuing. Due to the harsh treaty limitations on our armed forces, new ideas and advanced designs are what will guarantee our safety and prosperity.

To those in the US that seek to reunite their nation, we still support you and believe in the righteousness of your cause. Only a united US can resist pressure from foreign threats and a peace with the southern rebels will only create another foreign threat for the people of the United States.

OOC: Difference between you and me is that you aren't bound by honour to fight to the death for your allies and cause. :)
OOC: If your ally makes peace though you wont have to fight for him. :happy:

OOC: In his place, I wouldn't ever consider negotiation.

I urge all capitalist and Businessmen to invest in the port of Antwerp. With the opening of the Scheldt to merchant shipping Antwerp will become the booming port it was destined to be. It is easier to access then Rotterdam and Amsterdam and further South, closer to goods arriving from the East headed for the Rhineland and Europe. With the construction of the Railway to Brussels and a further one planned to Liege and then on to Germany, Antwerp will become one of the largest ports in the world!

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

500px-Flag_of_Empire_of_Brazil_%281847-1889%29.svg.png

In response to the Argentinian president, Brazil is a modern, powerful nation that deserves an army and navy of its standing, therefore the army received the funding needed to be able to compete with armies from anywhere in the world if it needed to, the same will be done to the navy.
I make it clear that my intentions are not war with Argentina or any other South American country unless we are forced to, but our territory is vast and we need a strong, capable army to defend it, the same situation can be applied for the navy, as our vast coast demands a great and powerful navy to defend our trade and interests.

The soldiers in the army were badly paid, equipped and trained, now they are disciplined, well fed and properly paid, making it one of the finest on the Americas.
If the United States of America has needs for such army and navy, i wonder why the Argentinians doubt our intentions when we, with such a vast territory and coastline, build up our far smaller military force to better defend ourselves.

OOC : And of course, with the army loyal and happy the aristocrats won't have anywhere to run when i force the abolition :D

Friendly ties to a rising Asian power would help increase French security on the oceans far from our homes as well as open markets to new goods and ideas. Though such a relationship early on may seem one that provides cheap raw materials for us to export expensive manufactured goods back, a long term friendship out of increased trade would be equally valuable to both nations.

We thank the British government for their support. We hope that this will be the start of a peaceful and prosperous relations between our two nations.

We are gladded by the spirit of cooperation, unity and patriotism shown by our Salvadorean brothers. United, Central America can forge its own place in the world! As of the creation of Guatemala-El Salvador, there will be a number of new things introduced to reflect this new state of things and to represent our Salvadorean brothers.

guatemalaelsalvador.png

Flag of the Confederacy of Guatemala and El Salvador​

OOC: Okay, that was not entirely what I intended with my orders, but I'll roll with it.

Last edited:
320px-Confederate_National_Flag_since_Mar_4_1865.svg.png

Truer words have never been spoken Mr. Vallandigham. The people of the Confederacy are just as tired of this war as the people of the United States are. We are willing, just as we have been willing for years now, to begin peace talks to end this war and both our nations to be at peace. No more young men need to die by Lincoln's sword, no more farms and towns need to be torched by his decree. I never asked and would have never asked for General Jackson to act the way he did, but there could have been no stopping it. The people of the Confederacy cried for vengence for the crimes committed by Sherman, and Jackson has begun to deliver that vengence. All this can end now, with Lincoln agreeing to sit down to peace talks and ending this war.

OOC : Look on the good side, you're one step closer to reforming the USCA/UPCA :)

OOC: Yeah well, I had intended to sphere all of Central America right there to get that part over with, and then do trade deals and what not, but I digress.

EDIT: To Fry, what is the general state of Guatemala-El Salvador vis-à-vis the other Central American states?

OOC: Sorry for adding another request upon your already heavy heep Frymonmon, but could you draw up a map of the ACW at this point when you get the chance?

Last edited:
Also got another question regarding the Qing: How come the nobles, merchants and clergy accept to rule together with peasants? I mean, sure, the peasants might like getting some sort of representation, but wouldn't pretty much *everyone* else revolt against such a move? They held more power and privileges before.

OOC: Communist uprising IMO. :p

Also got another question regarding the Qing: How come the nobles, merchants and clergy accept to rule together with peasants? I mean, sure, the peasants might like getting some sort of representation, but wouldn't pretty much *everyone* else revolt against such a move? They held more power and privileges before.

OOC : They already have you to worry with?

The Russian Empire encouarages the Americans to fight on. Also, the Russian Empire condmens the Irish rebels as nothing more than anarchists as well as it refuses to recognize the communist rebels inside of Britain.

TaipingFlag2-1.jpg

"My brothers! Surely you have heard rumours of the so called "National Assembly" recently proclaimed by the imposter in Beijing. But what use is a weak and separated government, if said government can not feed the people it governs? If it can not defend the people who seek protection? If even its own officials choose to abandon it, to work for the rightfull ruler of all of China - Hong Xiuquan!

No, my brothers, that is no collection of free people trying to do the best for China, that is a "parliament" filled with the puppets of the false Emperor and his eunuchs! Ask yourself - do you know any honourable men in that assembly? Did any of them ever care about you, rather than the office they now hold?

Hong Xiuquan, by divine right Emperor of all of China, fed the hungry of Jiangsu. He clothed the freezing of Zhejiang. He sheltered the homeless of Fujian. That is what an Emperor is supposed to do - not to make empty promises in the form of a faked "National Assembly". Let them talk and debate in Beijing all they want - Hong Xiuaquan is here to better to life of every single Chinese. The Qing wont stand against him and his divince mandate, and against the unified will of the Chinese people!"​

OOC: Sorry if IC posts all sound somewhat similar, but I have nothing to talk about other than the failing Qing for now. :p

Russian encouragement means nothing to a people who have grown tired of Lincoln's war. If Lincoln does not accept a peace with the Confederacy soon, the American people will shown how much they are tired during the national election and the cutting of all funds toward the war effort.

OOC : They already have you to worry with?

Nah, my recent actions demonstrated that anyone who's willing to work with me will retain a smiliar amount of power than under the Qing. Likewise, the peasants who came under my rule all are better off than under the Qing. Really, the only one who has to fear me is the "Emperor" and his closest advisors.

President Lincoln repeats the fact that the rebels declared war.

The Confederates may have fired the first shots, but it is you that continues to fuel the war effort that is clearly disliked by the general public.

What's this, the Irish peasant now supports slavery as well?​