• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes you will.

I spend most of my Saturday Night, all of my Sunday Morning and I get two OOC posts.

-.-

OOC: There was a rebellion in the Cape Colony which you implied I was supportive of, even though I had absolutely no intent at all to support any rebellion, and now Doom thinks it was me and he wants to kill me.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't want to say something that's going to get me thrown into a pit of boiling hot Indian tea right away.

Transvaal's Orders:

Seek75 said:
Trade with the UK/Cape Colony
Improve relations with the UK/Cape Colony
Attempt to assimilate native Africans
Encourage immigration to Transvaal

The English and the Boers that broke the Cape Colony away from the United Kingdom where the English and the Boers living inside the Cape Colony. The South African Republic had nothing to do with this. I will not accept, on any grounds, and invasion of the South African Republic by the United Kingdom because you felt that they "Fostered Rebellion" They didn't. Any British attacks on the South African Republic will be Islawanda over and over again for the British.

The Cape rebellion shall cease now, or every single rebel shall suffer for his crimes against the Empire. We would also strongly warn the South Afrikan Republic about supporting this revolt, as such an action will lead to only bad things for them.

Furthermore, we ask if the Persian Government will now see sense and come to the negotiating table over this ridiculous affair.​

OOC: I hope you guys aren't to badly against mass murder, because the Cape Colony is going to be populated less than the Atacama by the time Im done.

Fry, I didn't really need you to do that, I am capable of talking to Seek and I have done so. Not that I really care if said nation was behind it when Im looking for a CB, but in this case, Im not.

Yes you will.

I spend most of my Saturday Night, all of my Sunday Morning and I get two OOC posts.

-.-
OOC: OI! I was busy and then had to read this twice...well ok read it once and skim it for French stuff once.

Is my push/pull factor improved by a somewhat resurgent economy and the settlers from lost lands? Now that my debt is not so crippling time for some other issues. Maybe buy back Nice? Or...More trade with everyone!!! Except the bad Germans...and the CSA....and the brits if they intend to hold my navy down forever.

As the throne has promised trade is improving rapidly. New merchant ships are being launched, vital materials are coming in for the rebuild and the general flow of goods has improved. Now that stability is finally upon us and rebuilding is well underway there is a firm foundation to expand towards the greatness that is to come. To carry forward the momentum I ask that all willing nations that desire to trade more freely or in greater bulk with the French to contact us. Though a surge as great as the first half of the year is unlikely momentum must be fueled. Our lands in North Africa will also be stabilized shortly as well.

To insure that never again are our lands despoiled so horribly by war, attention will also be made to improving the quality of our weapons, specifically artillery, to guarantee our ports are protected and any invasion attempts are broken up by a rain of steel. As it was before, French artillery will be a focal point of the army again.

OOC: Ok I'm no longer bankrupt but my army hasn't improved and Propaganda hasn't worked. I guessing my forth Order was spent on the Peace treaty and well I'm more stable at least. Now I would have thought that weakening Taiping pillars of Support (E.G. no Longer Persecuting Christians and Peasants are now more important) Would encourage defections. And how did I lose Shanghai I had an Army there last Time I checked. Also I ordered the fleet to attack the Taiping fleet before Beginning a Blockade Didn't I? Next turn the Taiping will pay badly.

I never know with you Doom. You like to invade countries.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

The South African Republic hereby recognizes and supports the Cape Republic. Why should the people of South Africa be chained down to feudal European tyrants? Onwards, I say! Onwards to freedom! You have nothing to lose but your chains! Throw out the European despots, embrace your sovereignty from foreign control! Fight, fight for a free South Africa!

OOC: Well, if Doom slaughters me, then fair's fair. Sitting on my butt and trying to cozy on up to the Brits is no fun anyways :D

OOC: Oh sorry, addendum of sorts to my last post and to prevent it being lost in the shuffle. I am open to 1 or 2 new trade deals this turn. So if you are an unciv or a less developed civ it is first come first serve/best deal gets it.

*cough* Well, if Britain wants to steamroll Transvaal, it's okay then. No guaranteed Islawandas.

500px-Flag_of_Empire_of_Brazil_%281847-1889%29.svg.png

So the congress decided that it would block the abolition of slavery...see that, Brazilians? The very values of liberty are still not valued on our country! We are prosperous, we are strong, we are modern! Yet we still accept that old, feudal oppression known to as slavery! You are the voice of the country, you are the ones that can aid me on that fight, come, protest against slavery, for we are a democracy!
They dare to claim that our country could be thorn apart similar as to what happened in the USA, this is no truth!
We are not a confederation of states, we are an Empire, one where from north to south the industry develops, one where there are no limitations related to states, we are united, we are strong, we are brothers that will not sink into civil war because of a minority that still supports slavery!

The United States fell into civil war because the South lacked the means to adapt for any kind of abolition of slavery, but our Empire has an industry that spams all our major cities and regions, we will not fall, the army and navy are loyal to their Emperor, no citizen or soldier will rise because of some slaveowner that wouldn't accept compensation for freeing his slaves!

OOC : Anyway, i'm very different from the US, and my slaveowners would be basically alone should they revolt, i wonder what the fear is, but i will fight it (Even in 1881 on our timeline their support was non-existant as to the abolition of the monarchy, even the army wasn't completely supportive of it, the thing was quite strange...)

Hmm, now let me see if i got my industrial stats right :
Current : 8 (Increased by +2 this turn, previously it was 6)
+1 Infrastructure to Brazil in 2 turns. +5 Industry to Brazil in 3 turns.
+2 Industry in 2 turns to Brasil.

Well, this looks nice.

If France could serve as a mediator to the Italian-Austrian conflict we are willing to assist.

The Empire of Brazil offers a trade agreement between equals to the French Empire.

I'm not going to give much advice, as I feel its not my place, but as a general rule, if you overextend yourself then expect instability. Or collapse.

OOC : What, you mean territorial overextention or you said that to Jacob on his trade deals? :huh:
Tough i guess it was the first

It was territorial. A nation can trade with every nation in the world if it wanted to.

His Majesty's Government asks that the South Afrikan Republic withdraw their recognition of the rebels.​

OOC: Oh Seek, you poor fool. Now Im going to have to stomp you into dust as well.

OOC: Por amor de Dios! (this about sums my reaction to all my orders going FUBAR)

The Spanish Government spends massive amounts of money in reinvesting and rebuilding Catalonia, while the secret police track down the heads of the old Catalan Government that cooperated with the French. Supposedly, this was to make an example of them, but an all-Catalan jury found them all not-guilty of high crimes or treason, and instead offered them all money as severance for their time being jailed, and for damage done to their reputation. The money, of course, came directly out of the Spanish Treasury, and it was a very hefty sum. [-£150 from Spain.]

Shouldn't the first part have produced some benefits, since the update says nothing against it? And I'm still coming to grips with the idea that Spanish courts in the 19th century could issue monetary compensation for time spent in jail...

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

The South African Republic will do no such thing. These people wish to claim their God-given right to be free from foreign manipulation. Who are you to deny them this? Who are you to deny them the most sacred and indispensable of rights, to decide their own fate and to decide what they want, rather than have it decided for them by some puppet with a crown being controlled by snotty aristocrats?

OOC: Por amor de Dios! (this about sums my reaction to all my orders going FUBAR)

Shouldn't the first part have produced some benefits, since the update says nothing against it? And I'm still coming to grips with the idea that Spanish courts in the 19th century could issue monetary compensation for time spent in jail...

I'll write you a Mini-Update about Catalonia this turn, giving you benefits.

An extremely unfortunate decision.

His Majesty's Government expresses our sorrow, regret and apology for the death of the Congressman. His body shall be conveyed home aboard a Royal Navy frigate, with full honours. Furthermore, his widow shall be sent flowers, and funeral expenses paid for by His Majesty's Government.​

Last edited: