• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: My plan was sound and perfect, all that went wrong was Sherman walking in the opposite direction from what the last mini-update said.

Update said:
Sherman's victorious forces celebrated by laying waste to the entire city, burning it, and then subsequently moving West to try and destroy the Confederate Army of Georgia.

Next line.

Update said:
General Sherman settled down for the winter on November 19th, 1862. Right on the outskirts of the burnt Atlanta.

Sherman engaged the Army of Georgia in a Skirmish, which he disengaged to settle down for the winter in Atlanta.

I'm curious. Wouldn't the "total war" conducted by Sherman cause massive partisan activity?

OOC: It didn't in RL, so I doubt it would here.

@Seek, when I read "and then subsequently moving West to try and destroy the Confederate Army of Georgia" I tend to assume it would continue :p

Orders almost done Frymonmon, hold on.

Edit: I wish it had said it was but a skirmish >.< I assumed he marched west to the outskirts of Atlanta.....

OOC: Enough OOC anyway guys. Do some IC stuff now.

The Republic of Guatemala expresses worry about the situation to the North of our fair and peaceful country. We fear that the violence might spill over into the rest of the world. We would support a peaceful conclusion of this North American Civil War, to stem needless bloodshed.

His Majesty's Government urges President Lincoln not to falter in his fight against these wicked men. They must be crushed, and the slaves freed, no matter the cost.​

We here in the Confederate Government agree with both the Spanish and Guatemalans, but we doubt Lincoln will wish to see peaceful talks to end this bloodshed. His recent "Emancipation Proclamation" shows how desperate he has become to win this war. He holds no authority over the States of the Confederacy, and yet continues to act like they are part of the Union. This "Proclamation" means nothing, and would be the same as a "Proclamation" by the United Kingdom to free the slaves within the Empire of Brazil.

The South will continue to fight against the oppressive North until we have won and are no longer shackled by the bonds the North have placed on us for years now.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I find it funny that despite the rebels' claims that they would free their slaves and their criticism of President Lincoln for not doing so, the latter did it first.

Furthermore, these reports of racism strike me as even more hypocritical. These rebels cannot decide what they want to fight for. Does the southern population even know what they are supporting anymore?

Last edited:
I am glad to see the cause of Slavery defeated. We also recognize the Taiping as the legitimate rulers of China. However there leader's claim that he is the son of God is an insult to all Christians and must be withdrawn.

OOC: Fry how many orders have you got?

Last edited:
I have orders from the United States, Confederate States, Austria, Brasil, Belgium, Ireland, Guatemala, Worker's Commonwealth, Denmark, Japan, Qing, German Empire, Dai Nam, Spain, France, South African Republic, Italy, Ottoman Empire, United Kingdom, German Federation, and the Taiping

21/26 (80%)

I'll start writing.

OOC: Thank you all that sent your orders today. :)

OOC: Well the Qing are bankrupt and outnumbered by you so I think they're kinda doomed.

PS: 200 pages hooray!

I wish for Taiping to take back the ridiculous claim that your leader is the son of God, then I shall be able to recognise you.

OOC: Is my nation secular or does it have a state religion?

Secular.

OOC: Also, could I get a pm listing all the political parties in my country at the moment please?