• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: I think it's a fairly safe bet that any cavalry conscript forces will be of the same quality as regular conscripts, while only regulars receive any real artillery accompanyment.

OOC: If we try and put bonuses o troops based on their culture, then that would make the game more complicated and less favoring for some countries. Plus, do you really want the Scandinavian countries to go viking invasion on you?

OOC: Germany would get Vikings as well you know....
I believe that all civilized conscripts should be of the same value, regardless of the level of each nation's regulars. Uncivilized nations should only be able to recruit conscripts, and should have a similar corresponding level system, the lower end being a very limited to no access to western weapons while the higher end would be vast availability to western weapons.

OOC: BTW, Fry, did you get my small update on one of my orders?

OOC: Why should they all be the same? Some nationalities are just better suited to fighting than others. A Spaniard for example, would likely turn and run where a Russian wouldn't even think of doing so.

OOC: You should also consider that a Nations industry should effect the skill of a conscript as more industry means a better ability to equip said conscripts as well as the number of conscripts should also effect how good they are E.G. less conscripts easier to equip them more likely that they'll have skilled leaders. So a nation with massive amounts of Industry and limited numbers of conscripts should have conscripts almost as good as their regulars only differing because of less training and experience. On the Flip side a nation with vast amounts of conscripts and very little to no industry should have much weaker Conscripts as skilled leaders are spread thin and the country has limited ability to equip them as well as the regulars. Does this sound good?

It's really quite simple. Regulars are highly trained Military Units, those being Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery. They are superior in every single way to a Conscript, and they have no set time as to when they leave the army. However, Conscripts are inferior forces, Infantry, Cavalry, and Artillery, and they are poorly trained, badly fed, and are prone to break more easily. If you have 10,000 Regulars versus 15,000 Conscripts, the Regulars will most always win. As most things in this game, things are weighted behind the scenes. (Partially the reason why everything takes so long because the dice rolls and all the things needed to produce a successful piece of information is so large)

Conscripts also only have a 2-3 year service rate. At that point, their drafts/enlistment is up and they go home, removing themselves from your nation's manpower pool (Behind the scenes), and reducing your ability to fight.

So. If your army is based of a Conscription service, and you want to do a war for more than 5 years, your manpower is going to be seriously reduced, and your country will suffer. Take a look at the CSA, which just conscripted 11.5% of their slaves. That simply cannot stand without a loss of production.

OOC: I asked you once before, but did you get my change for my orders that I sent in pm(It wasn't when I added a new order.)? I did not get a response, or atleast I think I didn't.

OOC: I asked you once before, but did you get my change for my orders that I sent in pm(It wasn't when I added a new order.)? I did not get a response, or atleast I think I didn't.

Yes I got the changes. I don't respond to any PMs about orders, I get them, and I take them down.