• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So the Irish murder a Spanish Prince brutally and no one says anything?

Interesting...

OOC: Didn't come across as unexpected. He was just an undesirable french-loving b****** anyway.

IC: The Kingdom of Spain is appalled at the shedding of royal Spanish blood by the Irish rebels. We might expect that behavior from some certain nations, but we did not expect Catholics to turn against Catholics in such a brutal and vicious manner. May God have pity on you, because I cannot.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Clearly sad fate of Spanish crown prince is yet another proof, that independence is double edged sword. Just as likely to cut former masters as new nation itself. Great upheavals creates havoc and in such environment people that are willing to go all the way rise to the top. Hopefully thug and bandit government of "Irish Free state" will soon be hanged by British Empire. Likewise we hope that British will withdraw their support for Catalonians and support their re-integration in Spain.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

We applaud the words of the Sultan, who speaks with a wisdom unseen since the days of Saladin. We do not wish to see Catalonia torn apart by radical movements. Catalonia is where my heart is, and just like ripping a heart of a human body, so ripping Catalonia from Spain would cause both the body and the heart to stop functioning.

We have been presented with evidence of leftist activity in the months prior to the declaration of independence, most notably with a federalist group based on the writings of Pierre Joseph Proudhon, advocating the end of monarchies and the subversion of authority. Is this the kind of radicals that you wish to support, so that they can better destroy what the Spanish people worked so hard to build?

Even now, they plot to adhere to something referred to as the First International, a movement created by the Marxists in Britain with the objective of bringing revolution to the whole world. We must not let this stand!

OOC: 1 turn of fighting and the Spanish have already thrown in the towel. Who didn't see that coming?

OOC: I have pretty good reasons to do so. Mainly not weakening France further, to contain German and British power, but also to prevent a wave of revolution which started in 1864 with the First International, and led to the Paris Commune and to riots and coups in my country. Furthermore, it is a call for negotiations, a concept that might seem a bit odd for you...

The men who murdered the prince will be brought upon a fair trial which will determine their fate, the Prince of Spain's body will be returned to the Kingdom of Spain for it to be buried and to have a proper funeral.

We appreciate the gesture, but would also like a reassurance that your government regrets the action taken against the Spanish Prince, and sends someone to participate in the funeral and give their condolences on behalf of the Irish people.

The Kingdom of Spain naturally denies any designs on Ireland, this was an initiative of one man, who saw himself fit to rule the Irish. We did not support him in any way, and our policy regarding the Irish rebellion is one of neutrality. We understand that the Irish have serious concerns about the British Administration, but we believe that the question should be solved by peaceful reforms, as to further distance yourselves from the Jacobin scum that is ravaging southern England.

I now question the sanity of the Italian king as San Marino was a peaceful, small, and neutral nation that wouldn't dare to declare war on anybody.

I have a compromise to make: All Hawaiians will be provided free ship rides to Guatemala, where they will stay for the time being.

We applaud the words of the Sultan, who speaks with a wisdom unseen since the days of Saladin. We do not wish to see Catalonia torn apart by radical movements. Catalonia is where my heart is, and just like ripping a heart of a human body, so ripping Catalonia from Spain would cause both the body and the heart to stop functioning.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

We applaud Spanish decision to call for peace talks. Ottoman Empire firmly believe, that if Spain would drop unreasonable claim to Algeria and sign peace that would return land borders to status quo, Catalonia could be re-integrated in Spain without much trouble. France have no obligation to protect Catalonia, because peace deal clearly states, that Catalonia is to become independent state. Neither UK or Germany have any interest in this region and peace deal could have been clever plan to simply extend conflict between France and Spain.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

OOC: Why do we need to see each person's orders anyway, even if it is a year later?
I meant the orders of the year/best orders (there on the first post)
EDIT: Also my income is less then Guatemala's that seems a bit harsh.
Can someone explain the war orders? Do we send them with the main orders?

Last edited:
I meant the orders of the year/best orders (there on the first post)
EDIT: Also my income is less then Guatemala's that seems a bit harsh.
Can someone explain the war orders? Do we send them with the main orders?

OOC: They can be, but I think Frymonmon would rather have them in a separate PM from your regular orders.
War orders are bascially what you want your armies to do for that half of the year. Example:
1. Left Flank Armies to break through Dutch forces and march on Amsterdam.
2. Navy to systematically destroy the Dutch navy outside their ports, and begin a blockade of the Dutch coast.
3. Right Flank Armies to continue to push and threaten the Dutch forces in their area, making it seem like the breakthrough will be here.
4. Have King Leopold rally the armies in the center, fighting alongside them, and confusing the Dutch to where the breakthrough will be placed even further.

Or anything like that.

The Spanish Kingdom is interested in peace talks. We call for an armistice.
It is well known what is needed for peace, even if for peace to come here it requires roughly the same actions through a different treaty. Has the Spanish government come about on their ideas of a fair treaty?

The Kingdom of Italy shall never surrender to the Austrian Empire.

So you prefer complete and utter destruction? Your army is gone, you have no way to defend yourself.

OOC: By the way, Wtf underground telegraph? How could you build it without anyone in Spain noticing? It's still a while from Valencia to Barcelona... although I do concede that order wasn't quite well thought out, considering smoke signals and other methods of communication.

Jacob, you got yourself a draft proposal.

His Majesty's Government has no problem with Guatamala taking Hawaiians that willingly seek passage. We have no problem with the Hawaiian people at all, so long as they are peaceful and do not attempt to brutally murder our men and then consume their flesh, simply for the crime of trying to make friends.

We will however, not accept the movement of Hawaiians to either Ireland, where they shall invariably die, or to St. Thomas, as they will likely not survive such a long journey.​