• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: How can the British Empire struggling in the british island itself still be able to launch such incursions into China? Are these troops all from India?

We wish to say to the Hawaiians still alive that we will provide free ship rides to Ireland.

OOC: How can the British Empire struggling in the british island itself still be able to launch such incursions into China? Are these troops all from India?

OOC: Basically the civil war is featuring just 'British' troops I think, not colonial guys. Fry did say the invasion was largely from India, using Gurkhas.

His Majesty's Government is not surprised by the murder of the Spanish Prince by the Irish ruffians. It is not unlike such groups to attack people villainously, in fact, at times they have even been known to attack their own, villainous, parasitic and destructive kind.​

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Clearly sad fate of Spanish crown prince is yet another proof, that independence is double edged sword. Just as likely to cut former masters as new nation itself. Great upheavals creates havoc and in such environment people that are willing to go all the way rise to the top. Hopefully thug and bandit government of "Irish Free state" will soon be hanged by British Empire. Likewise we hope that British will withdraw their support for Catalonians and support their re-integration in Spain.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

We would like to say that it wasn't our fault that a Spanish prince was killed, and our name is the "United Republics of Ireland", the British continue to oppress other people and yet you still support them?

I commend the Republic of Ireland for being civil and attempting to rescue the Hawaiians. I do not recognize you, but the way you act so far will only bring you good.

I ask that the Republic of Ireland finds the people who killed the Spanish prince and ring them to justice. We also ask that you return the body of the Spanish prince to his family. I understand that you don't want another monarchy, but these people shouldn't murder to strengthen that point.

I ask that Britain brings a plausible reason to why they invaded the Hawaiian lands and are currently murdering their people.

The men who murdered the prince will be brought upon a fair trial which will determine their fate, the Prince of Spain's body will be returned to the Kingdom of Spain for it to be buried and to have a proper funeral.

We would like to say that it wasn't our fault that a Spanish prince was killed, and our name is the "United Republics of Ireland", the British continue to oppress other people and yet you still support them?

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

We would like to ask to leader of "United Republics of Ireland" what does he mean with oppression. British Empire, like most great empires of present day, is beacon of progress and liberty. Not only they have ensured peace and prosperity for it's subjects , but also grants it's citizens limited say how to govern themselves. You have eagerly pointed out mistakes made by British administration, such as "great famine". Yet you don't acknowledge that 99% of time spent under British rule have been improvement compared to political and economical fragmentation you experienced before.

It's understandable in times of trouble to crave for new government hoping that it will magically change something. But what have really changed since "United Republics of Ireland" have declared independence ? You have lost market for your produce, capital and knowledge offered by British entrepreneurs, protection by British navy, tested parliamentary system for promises of "self determination".

People who started this foolish rebellion for their own personal gain and ambition deserve everything that they will get when Ireland will once more in hands of British Empire.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

guatemalaflag18581871c.png

The Republic of Guatemala

We are happy over the fact that our neighbour El Salvador has accepted our offer of closer cooperation and relations between our two nations. We see a bright future for the people of our two nations. We also are glad that our northern neighbour has accepted our proposal of trade relations as well.

The year 1863 will be a year of peace and prosperity for Guatemala and all of our neighbours.

OOC:
In response to several "Rude" communiques from the Qing, The British Empire declares war on the Qing Empire, sending a massive wave of troops over from British India into Tibet, where the province quickly proclaims its loyalty to the British Empire. Elite Gurkha troops, armed with Gatling Guns, melt the defenses of the Qing away almost instantly.

Um, you do know that there are the Himalayas between India and Tibet right? It is kinda impossible to invade that way, and is the reason why they never did IOTL either. I must say that that whole action sounds highly implausible to my ears.

OOC: I have to agree with Dyranum, and even if they did somehow find a way to cross, I doubt they would be able to transport gattling guns over. How did Britain get these over there anyway? Shouldn't he be using them to, you know, deal with the more important problem in Britian proper?

44btu.png
You do not understand the circumstances, we had a fair representation until when the British enacted the Act of Union which made us lose our parliament, and in turn all the politicians who represented us in Westminster were wealthy English Landlords who hated us and cared little for us outside of being peasants who provided them with money. Improvements? Our nation was ruled like a colony and never gained any industry outside of the Protestand area around Belfast. The British continued to oppress Catholics throughout our history, they denied us rights. The only thing the navy did was export our goods for low, low prices.

OCC: The Gurkhas live in the Himalayas so they could get across and I doubt that they would even need Gatling Guns to deal with the Chinese in the area (probably zero) since there all fighting the Taiping.

OOC: Gurkhas or no Gurkhas, crossing the Himalayas in this age (especially in force) was pretty much impossible. Also, Tibet was more of a satellite to China than a fully integrated province. So...why would they want to surrender their sovereignity to the British? I would understand independence from the Qing, but...yeah.

Also: Arrgh! I want more orders to assign for next year. :(

OOC: Could I get a map of the borders of Dublin at this time? I want to make a map arranging the Republics.

Qing_Flag.png

The Qing Emperor agrees to the British presented demands to an official apology to the British Prime minister for several other advisers failed to mention that due to the Constitutional nature of the British government the Prime minister holds to same effective rank as the Chinese Emperor an apology can be sent without causing any damage to the Emperor's prestige. Said advisers have been removed and replaced. As to demands for payment is slightly more difficult as their is simply no money in the Empire as the Rice is now the Currency to give reparations would simply mean walking to a field and picking rice. The Emperor hopes that we can work around this potential sticking point somehow. In light of these Disasters the Emperor is preparing the next phase of the Hundred week reforms hoping to build on several success already made. Included in this are promises that several freedoms including freedom to peaceful protest and freedom of Religion will be included in an official constitution planned for later in the year. However the Emperor is concerned by reports of systematic killing of Hawaiian natives and hopes that the reports are over exaggerated and that it relates to the possible death of a number of natives during the attack and that anti war papers in Britain have lied about the scale to further their own causes.

OOC: I wondering how I lost conscripts in the yellow river campaign as their were none involved directly in that battle or how any Taiping troops got across a river blocked by my navy well at least how most of them did and how did coastal cities falling to the Taiping caused loss of ships considering they should all have been in the yellow river.