• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes, however, President Davis has since been proven to be mentally incapable of holding office.​

We applaud Robert E. Lee's decision to give freedom to slaves for the first time in such a quantity.

OOC: You mean you are going to free all those slaves or did I misread?

OOC: I assume the Southern economy will take a massive hit if that many of the workers have just walked straight out the fields too.

The Russian Empire would like to encourage the investment into Russian Industry and infrastructure by foreign investors. The Russian Empire has a vast majority of natural resources that is ready to be utilized, and it hopes that foreign investors sees this oppurtunity and takes advantage of it.

People of Belgium while we may have forced the Dutch out of our territory we cannot rest on our laurels, we must force the Dutch back to ensure that they can never threaten Belgium again. Never again shall Belgium be Dutch!
In relation to the protests that started this war the Flemish people may have been urged on by the Dutch but they had real grievances. When this war has ended I will introduce reforms so that enemies can not capitalize on the differences in our society. And remember, while you may speak French or Dutch you are still a citizen of Belgium and you do not live in the Country of Flanders or Wallonia but in the great nation of Belgium!

Leopold I King of the Belgians

We shall also welcome all Irish emmigrants into our nation, giving them free ship rides back home and monetary support if they need it.

So the Irish murder a Spanish Prince brutally and no one says anything?

Interesting...

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I am pleased to see the progress of our glorious Republic, and that so many young Boers are willing to enlist in order to defend their homeland from foreign attacks. I thank you all for advancing the cause of freedom and unity for the Boers, and for South Africa.

Update said:
In the British Isles, the Irish Rebellion finally pulls together and drafts a Declaration of Independence, proclaiming full independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. In drafting a Constitution, a Spanish Prince offers his services as King of Ireland, where he is then mobbed, beaten, and killed by a group of drunk Irishmen. The Prince's body is unceremoniously thrown into Dublin harbour as the new United Republics of Ireland is proclaimed on August 4th, 1862. [Ireland now a US-Style Republic. The nation consists of thirty-two Republics, like States in American terms, that are under the Federal Irish Government.]

Right here. The first line.

July - December 1862

Europe

In the British Isles, the Irish Rebellion finally pulls together and drafts a Declaration of Independence, proclaiming full independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain. In drafting a Constitution, a Spanish Prince offers his services as King of Ireland, where he is then mobbed, beaten, and killed by a group of drunk Irishmen. The Prince's body is unceremoniously thrown into Dublin harbour as the new United Republics of Ireland is proclaimed on August 4th, 1862. [Ireland now a US-Style Republic. The nation consists of thirty-two Republics, like States in American terms, that are under the Federal Irish Government.]

OOC: Here.

Right here. The first line.
OOC: Right...the stuff I barely skimmed to get to my update and those more directly able to hurt/help me atm and those I know little of. :D Response soonish.

OOC: You mean you are going to free all those slaves or did I misread?

OOC: They earn their freedom through bravery and actions on the battlefield. Enlisting won't automatically grant them their freedom, else every single slave would have joined. Should make them fight with zealotry to earn it.

OOC: I assume the Southern economy will take a massive hit if that many of the workers have just walked straight out the fields too.

OOC: I assume the Northern economy will take a massive hit if that many of the workers have just walked straight out of the factories too.

Edit: War Orders inbound in a few.

Last edited:
His Majesty's Government is not surprised by the murder of the Spanish Prince by the Irish ruffians. It is not unlike such groups to attack people villainously, in fact, at times they have even been known to attack their own, villainous, parasitic and destructive kind.​

Misiame: OOC: Britain invades China on an insult and murders thousands of native men, women, and children on Hawaii and nobody mentions it besides me?

44btu.png
We are sickened by British actions in Qing and Hawaii, slaughtering entire peoples for racial purity and then declaring war on Qing because of an insult? The British are extremists and do not deserve and never did Ireland!

It is regretful that yet another life has been lost in large part thanks to the chaos that seems to be holding sway over much of the world. We do not celebrate the death of a Spanish noble despite our war, we seek only peace with them. It is my hope that the next story to reach us out of Ireland is about friendship and peace and not more suffering.

As part of moving the French forward we are seeking to improve trade deals with others as well as other treaties to repair damaged relationships or expand upon current friendly ties with others. While outside investment is also welcomed it is likely up to us to rebuild our lands as others are going through their own times of trouble. Any nation or people that seeks to better themselves through mutual cooperation though we welcome talks with openly.

OOC: Hawaii might be pushing it for me to focus on at all as the French people no doubt don't want me wasting energy on some small islands incredibly far from France.:blush::sleep:

The Empire of Japan denounces the British Imperialists in their merciless slaughter of defenseless natives in Hawaii as well as their unprovoked invasion of China. Invasion over words is such a shameful reason to declare war over.

To Britain

Yet you do the exact same by murdering hundreds of Hawaiian natives both male and female, young and old, for no reason at all.

I ask the Hawaiian people to flee from Hawaii while they still can. Your homes are being destroyed and your people are being murdered by the British. Denmark will accept you as we recognize minorities in our country. We will send some transport ships to Hawaii to recover Hawaiian civilians and take them to St. Thomas. St. Thomas is the closest place we can offer that is similar to Hawaii.