• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: It is not a president! It is an Uachtarán !

I do not wish to be a tyrant. Damn you Spain!

You'd either be a Spanish-installed Monarchy, who is a tyrant, or a full-blown American style Republic, with a President, Congress, and Supreme Court. Along with those fun things called States!

OOC: The Spanish Monarch is anything but a tyrant. :rolleyes: Although we could make an exception for the damn Brits...

OOC: Are they equally likely?

Also, would the states be roughly the size of Counties or Provinces?

Each state would be the size of a county.

If you are a Despotic Monarchy, there will only be Ireland, and all of Ireland serves to please the King.

OOC: I see fun future ahead for Ireland.

OOC: Fry, enlighten us and tell us if the Irish were really fairly represented in Westminster.

The Irish did have representation in Parliament. However, all of the "Irish" elected to Westminster were wealthy English landlords living in Ireland.

OOC: Not all. Parnell for example, was Irish.

Anyway, I think that's quite enough OOC for now.

OOC: That was after this game had began.

OOC: Fry, enlighten us and tell us if the Irish were really fairly represented in Westminster.

OOC: Depends on whether you believe that someone with a different culture and class can fairly represent another person.

You can play now, your stats will wait until next update. In the mean time, just send me off 4 orders ASAP, the update is almost done.

OOC: Will my country name remain the "Irish Free State" once I become a presidential republic or will it change to something like the "United States of Ireland"?