• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: When going to war over stuff, yeah. The French justification for invading Algeria is particularly silly and involved something about the French ambassador's paper fan being blown away by the wind.
However, I fail to see what sense there is for Brazil extending an offer to the UK about Guyana, since they don't really consider it theirs AFAIK. Of course, Brazil is a player so my point is probably entirely moot.

OOC :
Say that to the USA purchasing Alaska from Russia on OTL, at least i border Guyana on that one ;)
And i did not really planned to buy it unless i could get all of it (i also asked to the dutch), but instead i asked if he would ever consider it :p

Some of the regions Brazil own today were purchased or conquered...there's no such thing as "claim" on territory when you want to expand.

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Bavaria laughs at the Prussian statement. You forget that we have the greatest ally of all. The German people!

OOC :
Say that to the USA purchasing Alaska from Russia on OTL, at least i border Guyana on that one ;)
And i did not really planned to buy it unless i could get all of it (i also asked to the dutch), but instead i asked if he would ever consider it :p

Some of the regions Brazil own today were purchased or conquered...there's no such thing as "claim" on territory when you want to expand.

OOC: Meh, Guatemala still has more legitimacy when claiming British Honduras than Brazil has claiming Guyana. :p (not that it matters that much)
AFAIK, Guatemala to this day still hasn't given up that claim.

EDIT: Also, British Honduras was independent in 1861...The British only accepted the Belizeans joining the Empire in 1862. Just putting that out there.

GermanImperialFlag.gif

The German people are on Germany's side, they are manufacturing the guns, ammunition and clothes that equip the Kaiser's armies to aid your destruction. They know of the great prosperity Germans will enter once this war is over and your nation is destroyed.

GermanImperialFlag.gif

The German people are on Germany's side, they are manufacturing the guns, ammunition and clothes that equip the Kaiser's armies to aid your destruction. They know of the great prosperity Germans will enter once this war is over and your nation is destroyed.

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Yes, they are on your side. However not by choice.

GermanImperialFlag.gif

I don't see the entire nation revolting in the streets at the moment. They are filled with joy due to the unification of the nation and the accomplishment of my father's dream.

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Our time is coming. Soon you and your army will be judged by God.

OOC: What ships count as transport ships?

OOC: Given that it is 1862, any ship can transport men effectively.

OOC: But what is the capacity per ship?