• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Almighty Qinq rulers of all under heaven feel that Japan's offer is a sign of good relation between our two nations in the short term aid will hopefully not be needed. IF it turns out that Taiping forces are greater than believed Aid may be requested at a later date.

We thank the Chinese for their speedy response. We will respect their judgement and will not intervene for now. The Empire of Japan will be glad to help their brother nations whenever help is needed.

OOC: Argh! I'll revise my orders. Sorry Misiame, my bad. Honest mistake, I've had a busy couple of days, prioritising this as a kind of escape but evidently a bit messily. Already know what I'll change.

OOC: I've already PMed to change it. I think there's still a few to go so hopefully no worries. Always happy to trade!

Cesar. Clear the inbox.

The Kingdom of Spain invites American nations to the Hispano-American Economic Area (henceforth designated as HAEA).

We seek to create an economic zone where countries may flourish, reaping the fruits of their economic growth, and trade as equals, rather than being the ransacked and exploited serfs of Imperial Powers.

The objectives of the HAEA are:

1) The creation of an Economic Zone, facilitating trade between members
2) The development of better relations between it's members, using trade relations to bring harmony to the world
3) The pooling of efforts to the modernization of all the member countries.

If you are an American or Spanish-speaking country you may join the HAEA as a full member. The HAEA will also have provisions for associates, to be decided in HAEA council, which will benefit from some of the provisions in the HAEA, as well as some of the obligations.

In other news, the Kingdom of Spain wishes to develop friendly relations with other European powers, hoping that we can contribute to a more peaceful Europe.

Grenadine Confederation
colombia+grenadine+federation.png

The Confederation is greatly interested in this economic bloc proposed by the Kingdom of Spain. The Congresso must convene and discuss this before we provide an answer to joining or not. The states must each state their stance on this matter before a decision is reached, and our values of free trade must be considered as well.

I'm letting this pass because its the first one, but all treaties must be given to me for approval before posting them. Also, nations can only exist in one economic forum.

The USA expresses interest at this new economic bloc. First of all, the USA needs to know if it is eligible to join, or whether Spanish recognition of the rebellious states impedes economic co-operation.

OOC: Supporting an economic bloc that might hamper your ability for free trade with the Americas? Diplomatic approach.

OOC: As I said, it is a step to the right direction...

In real life, it would have been even bigger boost for me. As gold would flow out with bad trade balance, it would just mean price deflation and better economy for the normal sweden, while a bit more inflation in the Americas.

OOC: Supporting an economic bloc that might hamper your ability for free trade with the Americas? Diplomatic approach.

OOC: As an associate, he would be able to partake in the free trade area. Furthermore, this only means that HAEA nations will negotiate with other nations as an economic bloc, which is advantageous to countries seeking fair trading conditions instead of imperialist deals designed to take advantage of their lack of industrialization.

To the United States query : Our organization wants to, via the celebration of closer trading ties, lead to a new era of prosperity and peace for the Americas. We hope that by welcoming both you and the CSA we can lead to a peaceful solution of the conflict, one where, despite the eventual borders that may change, all nations of the Americas stay committed to improve the conditions of the peoples of the Americas. And the Kingdom of Spain, who linked America to the rest of the world, believes it is our duty to help heal the wounds, some of which I am not afraid to say that were inflicted by us, and make America a land of peace and prosperity. In a time where the Old Continent is fractured by conflicts, we have turned to the Americas to help promote world peace.

We thus have no opposition to the Union's entry into the HAEA.

Last edited:
While the empire may be interested in more trade partners, we will refrain from joining any economic blocs for now...

OOC : A economic bloc on 1861? Seriously...That's not going to work, remember, we are in 1861, not 1940+...

OOC: So, is Dai Nam at war with France? Or should I actually bother replying seriously to Fire and Ash's PM?