• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Argentina is disgusted at Spain's warmongering and aggressive take on the peace deal. That they want to bleed dry a defeated foe is dishonorable, clearly seen by the fact that even their former allies abandoned them. Their imperialist-colonialist attitude wanting to subjugate both catalonians and snatch an integral part of France - Algeria - is shameful, and illustrates well why the American Nations fought for independence against such tyrannical people.

I am pleased to hear of Argentina's stance and look forward to trying to build trade with any liberty and freedom minded nations as the French people rebuild. It is sound news to the besieged people of France and Catalonia that other nations beyond Argentina also support us if only through their words. We tried to sign a treaty for peace expecting a period calm and stability to follow but will be forced to engage in battle just to try and hold what the agreed upon treaty calls for about the French people and our friends in Catalonia.

OOC: I'm guessing there are ships filled with French hookers being sent to a lot of countries to get them to condemn me for wanting to preserve my land. Seriously, the scale of the cheating here defies my attempts to come up with examples. The kidnapping of the Sabines doesn't express it accurately enough, but it comes close.

To sum things up for those that haven't followed this.

1) Britain comes up with a peace proposal that we all agree about.
2) Britain starts negotiating with France without the presence of Spanish diplomats, and after "bargaining", they claim themselves masters of Catalonia, in an act which defies all international law and good sense, and as masters of Catalonia, they decide to negotiate it away. That's like me going to a poker game, and start betting with the chips of others. France agrees.
3) Spain questions English right to negotiate something which is not their property, and gets told by France and England that the deal is made and Catalonia had to be ceded, and so, as masters of Catalonia, they made that call for me.
4) France says that I am a warmonger and imperialist for questioning the British claim to be masters of Catalonia and decide it's fate, after they previously declared the annexation of Catalonia into the French Empire.
5) A dozen or so nations say that France is right and call me imperialist and jingoist for not giving away Catalonia.

Sorry, this is plainly ridiculous and could never happen in real life. Napoleon should be assassinated by the Catalans.

Last edited:
GermanImperialFlag.gif

We will disregard the petty comment from the Bavarian rulers.

Perhaps the Catalonians can be masters of their own fate, as have the Poles. We would like to hear the perspective of a Catalonian representative.

The Italian government recognises the independent Polish Republic and would like to being trading with them.

OOC: So Doom is Ed going to marry Maria Pia?

Last edited:
OOC: I'm guessing there are ships filled with French hookers being sent to a lot of countries to get them to condemn me for wanting to preserve my land. Seriously, the scale of the cheating here defies my attempts to come up with examples. The kidnapping of the Sabines doesn't express it accurately enough, but it comes close.

To sum things up for those that haven't followed this.

1) Britain comes up with a peace proposal that we all agree about.
2) Britain starts negotiating with France without the presence of Spanish diplomats, and after "bargaining", they claim themselves masters of Catalonia, in an act which defies all international law and good sense, and as masters of Catalonia, they decide to negotiate it away. That's like me going to a poker game, and start betting with the chips of others. France agrees.
3) Spain questions English right to negotiate something which is not their property, and gets told by France and England that the deal is made and Catalonia had to be ceded, and so, as masters of Catalonia, they made that call for me.
4) France says that I am a warmonger and imperialist for questioning the British claim to be masters of Catalonia and decide it's fate, after they previously declared the annexation of Catalonia into the French Empire.
5) A dozen or so nations say that France is right and call me imperialist and jingoist for not giving away Catalonia.

Sorry, this is plainly ridiculous and could never happen in real life. Napoleon should be assassinated by the Catalans.

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

To Spanish Monarch.

Your Highness seems to be under stress, and that is understandable, given the situation. I will try to explain current situation from our point of view.

Firstly Britain and, to lesser extent Germany, assumed leading role in negotiations not because of their contribution in war against France, but by virtue of being by far two most powerful alliance members. What they received was measured not by what they had achieved, but by what they could achieve. Naturally they also got lions share from gains.

There is no excuse decision regarding Catalonia, though. Great Britain had no rights to decide anything on whether Catalans remain independent, or not. As a ruler of multinational Empire I can safely say that it's foolish to assume that such a small state can ensure safety and prosperity for it's people. Allowing them declare independence is dangerous precedent. Precedent, that will bring only misery to Catalans, and other nations that will try to follow in their footsteps.

Secondly France never accused you of being imperialistic because you asked for Catalonia, but because Spain wanted to retain Algeria, land never owned by Spanish Monarch. Also Catalonia is not annexed by French Empire, though they too support it's independence.

To sum it up Spain was betrayed by it's allies during peace negotiations by granting independence to one of their provinces. Spain can choose to sign original treaty, continue hopeless war, or enter negotiations with France. First option means recognizing Catalan independence. Second almost assured destruction of Spanish monarchy and possible loss of even more territory. That leaves only further negotiations. Ottoman Empire will gladly act as mediator to ensure reasonable peace deal.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

I know it's IC reply to OOC, but I don't want to anger GM with further OOC discussion.

In accordance with the Treaty of Versailles, His Majesty's Government presents the following treaty, already approved privately with the main parties involved after consultation with them.​

The Treaty of Geneva

The Signatories of this document hereby express their agreement to the following terms, in regards to the creation of the state of Catalonia. These terms shall be held against the Signatories honour as Gentlemen, until such time as the terms are broken by another signatory.

The Signatories agree to the following:

1. The creation of a legal state of Catalonia, which shall hold all lands, be they currently French or Spanish, which are considered part of Catalonia.

2. That they shall do all in their power to protect the state of Catalonia from exterior threats.

3. That Catalonia shall remain perpetually neutral in all conflicts, both directly and indirectly.​

[X] - William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister of His Majesties government acting on behalf of His Imperial Majesty The King-Emperor Edward, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India

OOC: France, Germany and Italy have already signed in PM, but Ill let them add their signatures to this by themselves.

Also Spain, stop calling me English.

Last edited:
GermanImperialFlag.gif

We will disregard the petty comment from the Bavarian rulers.

Perhaps the Catalonians can be masters of their own fate, as have the Poles. We would like to hear the perspective of a Catalonian representative.

The Kingdom of Spain asks the German Empire if they would like to hear the agents bought by the French to justify the annexation of Catalonia into the French Empire...

The Spanish Government, by the authority invested unto us by the Queen and the people of Spain, after the reunion of the Constitutional Assembly, has chosen to extinguish the administrative region of Catalonia, and create a region including all Spanish territory East of a meridian passing through Bilbao, which will be named La Invicta.
OOC: Feel free to create it out of French lands, there is no Catalonia in Spain, now.

His Majesty's Government really does not know how to reply to such an irrelevant and odd statement.​

OOC: [video=youtube;ztVMib1T4T4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4&feature=related[/video]

What... what even... why...?

The Kingdom of Italy appauds The Kingdom of Spain's decision to create the region of La Invicta, now that Catalonia has ceased to exist the region can be annexed back into Spain. Glory to La Invicta.

Last edited:
The Kingdom of Italy appauds The Kingdom of Spain's decision to create the region of La Invicta, now that Catalonia has ceased to exist the region can be annexed back into Spain. Glory to La Invicta.

Annexed back? I don't know what the Italian government intended to say, but it has always been an integral part of the Kingdom of Spain, no there would be no need for any kind of annexation. We thank the Italian government's best wishes to the glorious new region of La Invicta, though.

The French people make no demands upon the Spanish people. Our government policy is to seek peace along the lines already agreed to with the coalition. Though it seems a futile gesture we again offer to sign peace with Spain along those lines. We cannot even offer over some of their demands as Catalonia is not ours to rule and as such we could not sign those people over no matter what sort of demands the Spanish government makes. They might as well demand the entire US east coast from us as we have just as much legal right to offer it in a peace treaty. We are even willing to make a special side deal offering up ships if they sign the treaty so that we may have peace but beyond that we simply seek the peace already agreed to with others.

OOC: Bets on UK invading Spain?