• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm only waiting for the "Does this mean Lincoln will live?!" comment.

The French people mourn the loss of the leader of the British Empire. Assassination should never be condoned and should never be a tool to try and bring about change. Though we had our share of issues with the British leadership those issues will not be resolved using such means. I further my call for peace and rebuilding in Europe and to not let any further hostilities break out or increased loss of life over this tragedy.

OOC: It is taken for granted now that Lincoln will rule for at least 20 years. :happy:

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

The people of Bavaria do not mourn the death of a tyrant who herself has caused the deaths of thousand of innocent people. The soldiers who died defending our soil and the citizens of Nuremburg are more deserving of our grief.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I would like to remind the Bavarians that, under the system of government the United Kingdom is currently being run on, the Queen has little say in what the British do or do not do. Even more interesting is that the British Queen has comparatively far less power than Bavaria's King over politics.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I would like to remind the Bavarians that, under the system of government the United Kingdom is currently being run on, the Queen has little say in what the British do or do not do. Even more interesting is that the British Queen has comparatively far less power than Bavaria's King over politics.

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Yes indeed, however she still had a say and held great influence over Britain. It is called Her majesties government for a reason. If she had have spoken out, countless lives could have saved and Britain might never have gone to war.

To say that she was powerless and didnt have apart to play in any of the atrocities is just sheer lies.

This is just a really pissed of Spaniard. I will say right now, Spain did not, AT ALL, call for the assassination of Queen Victoria.

The Kingdom of Spain absolutely denies any involvement in the death of Queen Victoria and is horrified by such a brutal act that undermines all the foundations of civilized society. We absolutely and profoundly condemn the murder of Queen Victoria and would like to present our deepest condolences to the people of England.

OOC: Well, you were warned about alliances... and you can't even try to place the guilt on my country, since you are pushing for an independent Catalonia.

The Kingdom of Italy is outraged by the heartless and cruel murder of Queen Victoria. We send our deepest condolences to the people of Britain.

OOC: Morrell you said something about changing the peace treaty?

Last edited:
The 2nd Treaty of Versailles​

The Signatories hereby agree to the following:

Article One - The Americas said:
The French Caribbean holdings of St Barthelemy and Guadeloupe shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
French Guyana and the Island of Martinique shall be ceded to the German Empire
All French Canadian holdings shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Article Two - Afrika said:
All French West Afrikan holdings shall be ceded to the German Empire
French Algeria will be ceded to Spain
France also recognises Morroco as part of the Spanish sphere of influence
All French Afrikan holdings, excluding those of West Afrika and North Afrika shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Article Three - Italy said:
France will return the lands within Duchy of Savoy and the county of Nice to Italy.

France will renounce all claims to these territories.

Article Four - India and the Indian Ocean said:
All French islands in the Indian Ocean shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
All French Indian holdings shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

Article Five - The Pacific and Asia said:
All French Pacific possessions shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
All French Indochinese possessions shall be ceded to the German Empire

Article Six - Spain said:
Catalonia shall become reintegrated into the Spanish crown.

Article Seven - Germany said:
Elsass-Lothringen shall be ceded to the German Empire, as this map shows

France will renounce ALL claims, now and forever, to the areas the German Empire annexes

Article Eight - Limitation of the Military said:
France shall limit her fleet to 8 large ships and 24 small. The existing fleet and those in construction shall be distributed between The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the German Empire, The Kingdom of Spain and the Kingdom of Italy
France shall limit her army to 175,000 men, of which enlisted men must serve at least 10 years before dismissal, and officers must serve 15

The Large ships under construction shall be split as follows
4 to Germany
3 to Italy
2 to Spain
8 shall remain in France under French command.

The Small ships under construction shall be spilt as follows.
25 to Germany
25 to Italy
25 to Spain
18 to the United Kingdom
24 shall remain in France under French control

Article Nine - Reparations said:
France agrees to pay the sum of £300,000 (£300 in game money) to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the German Empire, Kingdom of Italy and the Kingdom of Spain

Article Ten - Napoleon III said:
Napoleon III will be returned to France unharmed, and with full honours owed to a man of his status

Signed,
[] - William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister of Her Majesties Government acting on behalf of Her Imperial Majesty The Queen-Empress Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India
[X] - Kaiser Frederick I of the German Empire
[X] - King Vittorio Emanuele of Italy
[X] - Queen Isabella II of Spain
[] - Empress Montijo I of France

OOC: Bloody hell, I should have posted this earlier. How's this Reis, Shocker, Jacob and Doom?

Last edited:
OOC: Have you not learnt that harsh treaties on one nation make them go CRAZY NATIONALISTIC AND EAT EVERYBODY?

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Ottoman Empire condemns new changes. New peace deal is unreasonably harsh and is likely to create resurgent France bringing more destruction to old continent. Signing this new document also means, that first thing German Keisar have done is trough lies and deceit. Signing a peace deal used to mean something once. I hope, that Keisar, and other signatories, won't stain their honor for additional gains at French expense.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

OOC: I seriously hope you aren't serious about changing peace deal. French are beaten down as it is and now you want to take it even further ?

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Ottoman Empire condemns new changes. New peace deal is unreasonably harsh and is likely to create resurgent France bringing more destruction to old continent. Signing this new document also means, that first thing German Keisar have done is trough lies and deceit. Signing a peace deal used to mean something once. I hope, that Keisar, and other signatories, won't stain their honor for additional gains at French expense.

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

OOC: I seriously hope you aren't serious about changing peace deal. French are beaten down as it is and now you want to take it even further ?

OOC: The war indemnities were cut down 2/5's, and France gets to keep some ships. Not to mention that Catalonia wasn't theirs to give or take.

OOC: Things could get very bad right now. I hope the British PM doesn't use this as an excuse for war. :/

DaiNamFlag.png

Dia Nam joins the international community in mourning over the loss of a great leader. We hope that whoever is responsible is brought to justice and that it does not get in the way of the peace deal in Europe.