• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
GermanImperialFlag.gif

We are all allies here, if you gentlemen want to revise the treaty, then we will revise.

To France, we request a ceasefire until we can iron out a peace treaty. We thank you for your patience.

OOC: Seriously? You guys started signing that treaty. On no reality would this happen. You cannot just up and rewrite it after the fact without cause. If Spain or Italy has a beef fine, take it up with the guys that sold you down the river. It happens. You can't sign a peace treaty and then suddenly change your mind and re-invade. This is ridiculous. :confused::confused:

DaiNamFlag.png

Dai Nam is disappointed with this response from the French Empire, but will not tempt another war by refusing. We are already in talks with the German Empire over the return of our territory.

This marks the end of French and Vietnamese hostilities.

So rather than talk about peace and rebuilding our lands you would have preferred we continue fighting? It is not France that is banging the war drums now. We signed a treaty that the UK and German Empire have already signed. We are allowed to defend what we have left, the treaty establishes that by allowing an army to be maintained

Her Majesty's Representative negotiated as best he could despite the dead weight offered by Spain.

We are willing to renegotiate if France and Germany so will it, and ask the French what they would accept in return for ceding Catalonia to Spain?

We should however, prefer to keep the current Treaty, as any renegotiation will take time, resources and will likely lead nowhere.​

OOC: If you'll recall, I was always against you getting involved, for precisely this reason. When it came to talks, Catalonia was the largest stumbling block by far.

As for you Italy, you were rewarded. Its not like you really achieved anything, so count yourself lucky that I managed to get you Nice.

Last edited:
If this is to be an actual negotiation then France will take part. If any improvements in the lives of the French can be made then I would be a fool to pass up this opportunity. If this is to be an actual negotiation that is. We are not interested in further pointless bloodshed but we have signed a treaty with others and will only agree to adjust it in ways that hurt us if adjustments are made that benefit both sides as a result.

OOC: Italy would have been better off getting money or something else, I will of course eventually try to retake all lost lands if the opportunity ever allows it.:p

OOC: Italy gets money, as do the other 2 and myself.

OOC: Italy gets money, as do the other 2 and myself.
OOC: I mean more money instead of land or some other benefit like industrial goods or something. Although I suppose it allows Italy to bribe me at some time also.

Her Majesty's Representative negotiated as best he could despite the dead weight offered by Spain.

We are willing to renegotiate if France and Germany so will it, and ask the French what they would accept in return for ceding Catalonia to Spain?

We should however, prefer to keep the current Treaty, as any renegotiation will take time, resources and will likely lead nowhere.​

OOC: If you'll recall, I was always against you getting involved, for precisely this reason. When it came to talks, Catalonia was the largest stumbling block by far.

As for you Italy, you were rewarded. Its not like you really achieved anything, so count yourself lucky that I managed to get you Nice.

Her Majesty would like to note that the Spanish sacrifices in the war effort against France dwarfed those of the United Kingdom. We helped Mexican forces wipe out the French forces in the theater. We secured Algeria, getting rid of 20.000 French. We tied down or destroyed one third of the French forces, allowing Germany to move into Paris. We helped enforce the blockade of France. We destroyed their infrastructure. And for all of this, thousands and thousands of Spanish soldiers have died. What can our English partners say? That they lost a few ships? That they killed 15.000 French soldiers in the entire war? That they took some undefended colonies? The war settlement is first and foremost a reparation for damages caused, and Spain, Italy and Germany bore much more damage than the United Kingdom, and should therefore allow that to reflect itself on the peace settlement. Italian commitment to distract both French and Austrian forces was key to allow the German Army to resist the combined assault of France, Austria and Russia, and they paid for it with Italian lives.

OOC: Yes, of course, it's certainly not to your interest to divide Spain. I suppose Algeria was another stumbling block. I guess I should count myself lucky you let me keep Madrid.

Strange. It would seem that the Spanish contribution to the war was taking a few undefended colonies, taking Algeria, which at the time was cut off and had no hope of reinforcement, helping to bring about the already certain defeat of the forces in Mexico, again cut off by the Royal Navy, and losing Catalonia. Now, far be it from myself to claim an experts understanding of the conflict, but with the West Afrikan attacks being minor pinpricks, Mexico being a certainty anyway and Algeria being only a matter of time, I think perhaps you should revise your statement.

Furthermore, I would like to point out that the German Empire has been amply rewarded for its role, one which Her Majesty's Government will admit, was crucial to the proceedings. Furthermore, we wish you to note that we strongly disapprove of your nation embarrassing itself by hurling hyperbolic statements at us openly.​

OOC: Interestingly enough, war isn't a contest of how many people you can get to die for your country.

We would be willing, for the sake of the balance of power, to attenuate the naval restrictions set into place on France, which will be indexed to the current strength of the biggest navy of the world, the Royal Navy, by a rate of 60%. This should prevent extraordinarily large naval buildups which will increase tension and create hostilities.

We also reaffirm that Catalonia is an integral part of Spain, and will never be negotiated. We do not ask the Italians to give up Lombardia. We do not ask the Germans to give up Luxemburg. We do not ask the British to give up Wales. The Catalans do not support independence after the last disaster with the French military occupation and annexation. You would have them as British puppets, with no more independence than they did under French authority, and I, as defender of all the peoples of Spain, cannot allow that.

If the Catalan people desire to be reunited with Spain, then they will display as such. As we have yet to see such display, we shall not sway from our support of their independence.

Furthermore, we should note that in the event of France accepting a deal with Spain, we shall hold them to the naval limits previously set, and if necessary shall enforce them, although we hope this will not be the case.

Furthermore, I should ask that as I am partly a Scotsman, you retract your previous insult to myself.​

OOC: Love the way Im getting all the blame for this. It was Frymos suggestion, and I rolled with it on the advise of Morrell.

Last edited:
Strange. It would seem that the Spanish contribution to the war was taking a few undefended colonies, taking Algeria, which at the time was cut off and had no hope of reinforcement, helping to bring about the already certain defeat of the forces in Mexico, again cut off by the Royal Navy, and losing Catalonia. Now, far be it from myself to claim an experts understanding of the conflict, but with the West Afrikan attacks being minor pinpricks, Mexico being a certainty anyway and Algeria being only a matter of time, I think perhaps you should revise your statement.

The English rhetoric is good, but not enough to conceal the fact that the United Kingdom, who lost far less in this war than all other nations involved, who wasn't involved in any significant land combat operation, has the right to the lion's share of the peace deal, claiming undisputed naval superiority, allocating the French Fleet as they please (OOC: the peace offer is vague on the matter), grabbing the majority of the valuable French colonies, and imposing English satellite status on Catalonia, against the wishes of the Catalan people, who can only be respected united with all other Spanish in the mighty Kingdom of Spain, a Kingdom you will cross at your own peril.

Furthermore, we wish you to note that we strongly disapprove of your nation embarrassing itself by hurling hyperbolic statements at us openly.

We wish to note how the nations of the world disapprove of English arrogance and desires of global dominance, using every means at their disposal to do so. We intend to investigate, after the war, if there was British influence in the Catalan and Basque rebellions, as we already have evidence of foreign backing for Catalan traitors, who sold their own people for personal gain.

OOC: Interestingly enough, war isn't a contest of how many people you can get to die for your country.

OOC: Apparently, you would have it as a contest of who fights the less is in better shape to demand what they want from those who did the fighting for them.

At what point did Her Majesty's Government ever suggest we had an interest in Catalonia, other than to see the peoples wishes fulfilled? So far we have humoured you pulling statements from thin air, but when you propose something so ridiculous as British puppetry of Catalonia or world domination, we begin to feel disinclined to listen.

Furthermore, I again request you withdraw your previous insult.​

OOC: I think perhaps you're getting a bit paranoid now. Why in gods name would I ever fund rebels in an allied nation?

Not to mention that Britain did just as much fighting as you.

OOC: Love the way Im getting all the blame for this. It was Frymos suggestion, and I rolled with it on the advise of Morrell.

OOC: So what? Frymo clearly wants to break any potential alliance block. Funnily enough, he also made some curious suggestions about your country. And Morrell showed openness to, you know, actually have the treaty which was initially discussed by everyone, to ensure the cooperation of all parties involved, take into account the opinions of countries other than UK.

Her Majesty's Government asked the Dutch Government if they would like to receive French Guyana, should the French Government cede it to us and we not have a use for it. As the situation shows, French Guyana is not ours to give.​

OOC: You were warned against attacking France. You were warned that I wouldn't happily give you most of your demands. You were warned that I believed you would goof. Don't blame me for you not listening.

Her Majesty's Government asked the Dutch Government if they would like to receive French Guyana, should the French Government cede it to us and we not have a use for it. As the situation shows, French Guyana is not ours to give.​

Of course, the word of the British government is highly valued these days, something that can be relied upon, isn't it? Their stance on the American Civil War, the peace process with France, the invention of a support for independence in Catalonia which does not exist outside of French and British fabrications, promising the Dutch things to keep them happy and obedient.

You dare insult our honour as Gentlemen? You dare pull random, irrelevant and hyperbolic information from nowhere? Watch your tongue, you are embarrassing yourself.​