• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No one said you had to sign the treaty. Your more than welcome to continue to fight the French.

Doombunny said:
Here is my final draft proposal for a peace deal with France. We have their Emperor, we have their capital, we have taken out a large part of their army, they should want peace now.

I shall start with territorial changes:

All French Caribbean holdings shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
All French Pacific possessions shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
All French Canadian holdings shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
All French Indian holdings shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
All French Afrikan holdings, excluding those of West Afrika and North Afrika shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland (Djibouti)
All French islands in the Indian Ocean shall be ceded to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland

All French North Afrikan holdings shall be ceded to the Kingdom of Spain
All Basque and Catalan lands in France shall be ceded to the Kingdom of Spain

All French West Afrikan holdings shall be ceded to the German Empire
Elsass-Lothringen shall be ceded to the German Empire
All French holdings in Indochina shall be ceded to the German Empire
French Guyana shall be ceded to the German Empire
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland shall present the German Kaiser with a special coronation gift

All French territories rightfully Italian shall be ceded to Italy (Corsica, areas of Peimonte)

General terms:

France shall limit her fleet to 5 large ships and 20 small. The existing fleet shall be distributed equally between The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the German Empire, the Kingdom of Spain and the Kingdom of Italy
France shall limit her army to 150,000 men, of which enlisted men must serve at least 10 years before dismissal, and officers must serve 15
France accepts guilt for this conflict
France agrees to pay the sum of £100,000 (£100 in game money) to The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, the German Empire, the Kingdom of Spain and the Kingdom of Italy

Any issues/improvements you can point out?

Finest English hypocrisy. Germans and Italians beware, Victoria might sell you out next.

OOC: horribly harsh peace terms... Poor France
Also how's Prussia so incredibly strong militarly to beat 3 major powers and a medium power in a 4 front war simultaneously?? Great dice luck I guess.
I'm a sad panda as I was kinda cheering for the other side... (Also UK is too much of a dick right now (can't say it IC or I'll be crushed obviously =p))
I hope CSA doesn't manage to survive now too.

OOC: Who are allowed to have an army big enough to fight me and small enough to fight Germany or UK.

Your quarrel is with the United Kingdom, the primary draftee of this Treaty, not me.

OOC: France can use all the cheer-leading it can get atm. :sleep:

The Kingdom of Spain points out that the treaty is amazingly imprecise in regards to some of it's dispositions, which just adds to the unreliability of those who presented it.

We also think Germany is slighted in the peace treaty, with the richest colonies going to the United Kingdom, who did contribute very little compared to the huge German sacrifices. We support a new treaty with better conditions to the German Empire, who did the lion's share of the war effort, better conditions to the Italians and Spanish, more accurately reflecting the importance of the effort of these two nations against the enemies of Germany.

We propose an agreement where Germany is given the right to establish a concession in Northern Morocco, near the Gibraltar strait, where it gets all French colonies in Central and South America and Madagascar, in addition to what is already present in the previous agreement

Spain is to be given Algeria and an exclusive zone of influence over the rest of Morocco. Catalonia is to be recognized as an inseparable part of Spain.

Italy is to be given French colonies in the Horn of Africa, in addition to the terms already present in the arrangement.

The monetary reparation will be split more fairly, according to the effort placed against the French alliance, with 1200£ going to Germany, 300£ to Italy and Spain, as reparations for the damage caused by the land conflict with France and Austria, and 200£ to UK for damages done to Her Majesty's Fleet. The distribution of ships should follow the same ratio.

The Kingdom of Spain also supports Dai Nam's right to the French holdings in Saigon.

Last edited:
A treaty has already been agreed upon and signed by the majority of needed parties. The French people are eager to shift their attention to licking their wounds and addressing our internal issues. Our people want to take care of their basic needs and to build homes not warships and artillery.

OOC: So if you guys are still going to attack France I kinda need to know.

OOC: Who's signed that shameful document so far?
OOC: Brits, Germans and France. Unless the GM pulls something funny I would imagine the biggest 2 powers signing means that peace is here and that Spain and Italy (I don't think Italy signed yet) would have to explain to Germany and the UK what is holding up peace? At the minimum I was signing up as a post war France so if war is still here I rather much need to know.

France has signed and been instructed what we must give up for peace and a chance to rebuild. It is up to those that defeated us to decide how they allocate the money and ships we are forced to give up. We have no power to influence the treaty anymore and will defend the lands left to France. The French people want to rebuild but will fight to defend what we have left.

OOC: It doesn't seem that the Spaniards are talking of attacking again, more re-discussing the peace. Considering the two who really succeeded against France have already agreed to sign, I'm not sure what the effect of this will be.

Also, I'm not sure what you (reis) plan to do against the British?

OOC: It doesn't seem that the Spaniards are talking of attacking again, more re-discussing the peace. Considering the two who really succeeded against France have already agreed to sign, I'm not sure what the effect of this will be.

Also, I'm not sure what you (reis) plan to do against the British?

First, the war wasn't limited to France, so ignoring Italian effort against the Austrians, allowing the Germans to keep them at bay, is an offense to Italian dignity.

Second, it's not a matter of success, it's a matter of who's got the bigger guns. Just don't be surprised when your previously allied powers start gathering guns against you.

Last edited:
We feel the Spaniards are confused. The peace treaty proposed by the British is quite clearly a deal between their allies and the French, and does not include a settlement with other belligerent nations. We also feel that the Italians, whom we are friendly with, can speak for themselves, and do not need you to speak for them.

Furthermore, the last sentence is nonsense. The USA has no formal alliances.

OOC: Interesting to directly reply to something in IC when I said it OOC :wacko:

We urge Great Britain and Germany to revise the peace treaty and along the lines that Spain has proposed.

OOC: Why did you throw reis and me under the bus? :sad:

Last edited: