• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Her Majesty's Government warns the Danish that we shall stand by the German Empire to the last. If they declare war upon the German Empire, we shall be forced to enter the conflict as well, and will do so willingly against such a baseless aggression.​

OOC: Fry, isn't Belgium a Kingdom?

Denmark and Belgium cannot post here, so they PM me and I post for them. I am simply copying and pasting.

In the Low Countries, the Netherlands launches a massive invasion of Belgium, with the stated goal of annexing the Dutch-speaking area of Flanders. Surprisingly, both the Walloons and the Flemish rise together as Belgians to fight this invasion force. Only a few miles into the border, the Dutch invasion looses steam and incurs massive casualties. News reaches across the country, angering many people that such an action was undertaken.

Belgium reminds the Dutch that in fact you invaded us.

---

To Great Britain,

What if your land was taken by rebels that pledged allegiance to another nation, then that nation recognizes those rebels and takes our territory illegally, wouldn't you go to war with that nation to reclaim that territory?

To the world,

As for now, Denmark will no longer be protecting German ports and ships. WE will not attack any navies that are hostile to Germany and we will not stop them from attacking German ports. All nations hostile to Germany or not may enter the Baltic Sea to do whatever.

Her Majesty's Government does not wish to sour relations between ourselves and the Danish, far from it, we would wish our 2 nations to be friends. However, we will not and cannot allow our ally to fight without us. Any true Briton fights to the death for his cause, and in this case our cause is the brotherhood we share with the German people.​

In the Low Countries, the Netherlands launches a massive invasion of Belgium, with the stated goal of annexing the Dutch-speaking area of Flanders. Surprisingly, both the Walloons and the Flemish rise together as Belgians to fight this invasion force. Only a few miles into the border, the Dutch invasion looses steam and incurs massive casualties. News reaches across the country, angering many people that such an action was undertaken.

We did no such thing, we were as surprised as you were that the Flemish areas of Belgium rose up. All we are doing is protecting the Flemish people from a government they no longer want

It is interesting how people will fight for a Government and nation you claim they no longer want.​

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

Such pointless bickering. This is why my people left the Low Countries in the first place: because despite having the same language and many of the same customs, no Dutchman can seem to stand another.

Regardless, we would be interested in trading with the Belgians if they will it.

To Britain,

So you are saying that all British people would die for another country's, in fact another culture's, cause and gains?!

We don't want to sour relations with you either, but Sleischwig-Holstein has been historically part of Denmark from ages old and Holstein our loyal vassal. We ask that Germany gives it back the land that they have illegally taken, and if they don't we must do what we can to reclaim our land.

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

If you are an ally of Prussia then that makes every enemy of Prussia your enemy. Why do you not declare war against Austria, Russia and Bavaria? Or are you only an ally when it suits yourself?

Any true Briton stands by his friends and allies to the death! Never does he yield, always does he seek to protect the values of personal liberty and freedom!

We query why the Bavarian Government thinks we are not at war. Her Majesty's Government is at war with all nations at war with the German Empire, and shall be so until the last drop of blood in our veins turns to dust and our flesh wither and rots in our grave!​

OOC: To clarify the situation.

I am at war with France actively and against Austria, Russia and yourself passively. Of these, only with Austria do I have any real liking, and this is secondary to my duties and friendship with Prussia.

both the Walloons and the Flemish rise together as Belgians to fight this invasion force

It would seem that the Flemish do want the Belgian government.

Any true Briton stands by his friends and allies to the death! Never does he yield, always does he seek to protect the values of personal liberty and freedom!

We query why the Bavarian Government thinks we are not at war. Her Majesty's Government is at war with all nations at war with the German Empire, and shall be so until the last drop of blood in our veins turns to dust and our flesh wither and rots in our grave!​

OOC: To clarify the situation.

I am at war with France actively and against Austria, Russia and yourself passively. Of these, only with Austria do I have any real liking, and this is secondary to my duties and friendship with Prussia.

OOC: Well I only ever seen you declare war against France

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Bavaria recognises the Republic of Ireland as a sovereign state.

Her Majesty's Government recognises the Republics of Bavaria and Luxembourg. Furthermore, we ponder as to why an illegitimate government has been recognised by another illegitimate government?​

OOC: That, was a very foolish move.

640px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png

The Republic of Ireland thanks the Kingdom of Bavaria for their recognition of our country. We are now asking the United Kingdom to agree to our independence, in doing so we would be willing to work in co-operation with the United Kingdom in putting down the communist rebellion in England and Wales.

OOC: Frymo, who is the leader of the Irish, and what are their motives?

Her Majesty's Government recognises the Republics of Bavaria and Luxembourg. Furthermore, we ponder as to why an illegitimate government has been recognised by another illegitimate government?​

OOC: That, was a very foolish move.

OOC: I seen that coming, but I don't see it as foolish. The Irish will probably last longer than some crappy German republic.

OOC: No, but you did just invoke my wrath, which isn't clever. Might raise some Black&Tans and take a trip to Munich. Hear its lovely this time of year.