• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We congratulate the German Empire on their unification of Germany and wish the best of lucks to them on their war against the opportunistic despots, may the deaths caused by the backstabbing diplomacy of Bavaria be avenged.

OOC : Oh well, maybe later i will edit this to add something...

Siege of Paris: July - November 1862

König Friedrich III arrived on the outskirts of Paris along with Otto von Bismark and General von Moltke, along with 40,000 fresh Prussian troops, on July 4th, 1862. His goal was to motivate, and push, his soldiers to surround and capture Paris. Quickly overriding General von Moltke, he ordered the City of Paris surrounded by the Prussian Army and all supplies cut off. His plan was to starve the city out, and cause its capitulation.

To try and defend the city, the Parisians rallied everyone to their side, students, men, women, even children were given rifles to try and hold back the Prussians, who made a few attempts at breaching the city's defenses. The most significant of this was when 10,000 Prussian Soldiers tried to enter the city by means of the Seine River, where their boats were quickly sunk by some quick-thinking students. [-3,000 Regulars from Prussia.]

575px-Franco-Prussian_War_-_Students_Going_to_Man_the_Barricades_-_Illustrated_London_News_Oct_1_1870.jpg

1. French Students going to man the barricades of Paris.

The Siege lasted for another two months until in mid-September, König Friedrich ordered the massive Krupp Guns that had been shipped to the front line to start bombarding the city and her defenses. He wanted the city of Paris to fall, as he was unsure of how long his army could hold off the repeated attacks on their position by the French army. [-15,000 Conscripts from France. -9,000 Regulars from Prussia. -3,000 Conscripts from Prussia.]

Every day, thousands of pounds of lead and steel descended on Paris, but the stubborn French refused to give up their city, even when hundreds died of starvation, and a small Communist coup, inspired by the Worker's Commonwealth, started to take root in the Northern section of the city. Nevertheless, the Prussians continued with their assault, and a railroad from the Ruhr area to Paris was constructed simply to bring more ordnance and guns to the frontline.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-H26707%2C_Deutsch-franz%C3%B6sischer_Krieg_1870-71%2C_Paris%2C_Belagerung.jpg

2. The Prussian artillery on the outskirts of Paris.

Finally, on November 18th, the order was given by the French commander to raise the white flag of surrender. In order to try and save the city, the men, and the civilians, the French conceded defeat and let the Prussian forces march into the city and take the rest of the French Army, letting the men go home to their fields and farms, as long as they went on parole. [-30,000 Regulars from France. -95,000 Conscripts from France.]

Spurned on by the Capitulation of Paris, and the suspected offer of peace from the French, König Friedrich III and his Generals marched into the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace Versailles, where they promptly proclaimed the establishment of the German Empire, the legal successor state to the Kingdom of Prussia, and with Friedrich III crowned as the new Deutscher Kaiser.

Reichsgr%C3%BCndung1871-AW.jpg

3. Proclamation of the German Empire in the Hall of Mirrors.

Included in this delegation was a few members of the civilian government of Munich, Bavaria, calling themselves the Representatives of the Republic of Bavaria, signed an agreement with Kaiser Friedrich that would annex Bavaria to the German Empire, effectively giving the German Empire a reason to continue with the invasion of Bavaria, claiming it to be a territory of the German Empire.

germanempirew.png

4. Territory of the German Empire, with the Republic of Bavaria in light grey.

With the German Empire now dominating Central Europe, the allied powers of the Russian Empire, the Austrian Empire, the Kingdom of Bavaria, and the Empire of the French, now must face the German Empire and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland.

OOC: Right, because the Italians and Spanish don't count, right?

Don't start so many damn wars and maybe I'd remember to write you in.

OOC: Expect revised turn orders from me fry. After thinking about it, I think I may have wasted some of my orders.

And how do most Bavarians and Germans feel about the recent events?

Her Majesty's Government congratulates the German people on their unification, and hopes the French will now accept peace with us, without trying to enslave German people and sell out their German allies.

Her Imperial Majesty Queen Victoria, also sends her warmest regards to the new Kaiser and her daughter, the Kaiserin.​

OOC: It's one war, and in OTL, the Spanish played a fundamental role in starting the Franco-Prussian war, due to wanting to crown a Hohenzollern prince from a German minor, IIRC.

OOC: Yeah, but you just joined this war to get a slice of the French pie but now you have to battle the catalonians :)

The Dutch government demands a reason as to why Prussia has annexed part of our Kingdom. Were we at war with the Prussians

Ooc: Great, I go to college and return with some of my empire lost with no reason >.>

OOC: Maybe Denmark will grow some balls now too, instead of brown-nosing Prussia :p

Her Majesty's Government questions if the French Empire is now willing to seek peace and come to the negotiating table, without making ridiculous demands to enslave the German people and destroy British and German honour and integrity?​

OOC: Hey Morrell, how does a split of the Dutch Empire sound? You take Europe and Afrika, I get their Caribbean and Asian colonies? We have a CB from the whole Belgium thing! :p

On a serious note, Frymo, this was a great update, but don't overstretch yourself man. You said you were busy, and I would hate to feel our pestering was taking you away from more important matters.

We are not suprised that the Germans have taken land from sovereign nations who they are at peace with. Maybe the British Empire should stop making accusations regarding "French enslaving" Germans when it is the Germans who are enslaving others.

OOC: If it means more Dutchmen to be Boerified... :p

Also, Fry, I forgot to ask earlier, but should I send in new orders since two of them were essentially covered in that mini-update you did a little bit ago?

Perhaps the Russian Empire would like to see the same proof the Bavarian Government did of the French Empire's loyalty and true motives for this war?​

OOC: If it means more Dutchmen to be Boerified... :p

Also, Fry, I forgot to ask earlier, but should I send in new orders since two of them were essentially covered in that mini-update you did a little bit ago?

No. If it comes in a Mini-update it counts as your order being done.

Luxembourg is similar to the Republic of Bavaria's situation. Representatives from Luxembourg proclaimed a breakaway state and asked to be annexed into Germany.

Flag_of_Belgium.svg

The Republic of Belgium condemns the unlawful Dutch invasion of our territory and demands the immediate withdrawal of all Dutch troops from Belgian soil. The Republic of Belgium will not take a stance on either the independence of the Confederate States or the Taiping. In addition any nation wishing to trade with Belgium is welcome to open negotiations.​

-----

Flag_of_Denmark.svg

Denmark demands that the German Empire give back Sleischwig-Holstein back to Denmark. Sleischwig-Holstein is part of Denmark and illegally taking it would mean that our nations are at a De Facto state of war.​