• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Argument over people we don't want to Harass the GMs too much. Asia got a couple of nice wars going on right now (though the war in Dai Nam probably isn't doing much, but the Taiping rebellion which now has two players is almost certainly the biggest war in the world right now) and they could do with an update soon (e.g. we want an update in the near future but are willing to wait) and you have promised one in Asia and if you fail to provide one you get the fail to provide Promised Update Modifier,

(*) : Update has been Promised
(*) : Promised Update fails to arrive
Effect: + 20% complaints to GMs
+ 50% Chance of Player coup against GMs
+ 39% Chance of Player Drop out.

OOC: If you're going to do that, please do it politely. I mean really, these guys do this in their spare time, for no benefit, if they want to write about the USCW or Europe they can. Other conflicts are harder to write about for them.

Okay, something constructive: How about I read myself back into 19th century Asian warfare (which probably used 15-17th century European weaponry, but likely different tactics due to the much larger troop numbers, among other things), and try to provide the two of you with some "basics", which might or might not help you with writing an occasional Asian update?

OOC: Because complaining about an already incredibly busy college professor not putting out enough for a forum game is smart.

Really, that's just a really disrespectful gaff and if I were Fry I would feel offended. For god's sake, the guy's a college professor, and if I recall correctly he said something once about how he had to correct a hundred-something 25 page tests. Give him a break, the very fact that he's able to keep a complex game like this stable and running is a miracle on its own.

Maybe we should apply a Taking Forum Game for Granted modifier:
(*) Doesn't take forum game for granted
Effects: 50% less stress, 100% more enjoyment
(*) Takes forum game for granted
Effects: 95% of being booted from the game for making disrespectful and rude comments for not getting your way.

OOC: If you're going to do that, please do it politely. I mean really, these guys do this in their spare time, for no benefit, if they want to write about the USCW or Europe they can. Other conflicts are harder to write about for them.

This.

Everyone needs to back off of Red Cesar and Fry. I know its easy to get spoiled by their lovely updates, heck, I have myself have complained about an abundance of ACW updates. But as others have said, Cesar and Fry are doing this in their spare time, and dedicate more time to it than most of you would even attempt to. Just sit back people and remeber this is a casual forum game, a great one at that.

OOC: Because complaining about an already incredibly busy college professor not putting out enough for a forum game is smart.

Really, that's just a really disrespectful gaff and if I were Fry I would feel offended. For god's sake, the guy's a college professor, and if I recall correctly he said something once about how he had to correct a hundred-something 25 page tests. Give him a break, the very fact that he's able to keep a complex game like this stable and running is a miracle on its own.

Maybe we should apply a Taking Forum Game for Granted modifier:
(*) Doesn't take forum game for granted
Effects: 50% less stress, 100% more enjoyment
(*) Takes forum game for granted
Effects: 95% of being booted from the game for making disrespectful and rude comments for not getting your way.

OOC: These.

I'm already reading back into a bit of mid 19th and late 19th Asian history, and Fry himself is a College proffesor with at least basic knowledge on the subject, so that won't be necessary Von.

Just a quick note for everyone, that has been touched upon, I stay here in my office at the college until midnight (6PM currently) and I have to be in every morning at 8AM. The weekend is the only free time I get, and I poured a lengthy majority of that into this game over the last weekend.

Either way, end this whole debate at the moment. Focus on the game at hand, and throw some IC things around. Want a mini-update? PM Cesar and he MIGHT have time to make one. I most certainty don't.

OOC: I'm scared of all this arguing. I liked the good old days when we just blamed King50000 for everything :)

On another note, Prussia are German murdering barbarians and everyone should condemn them!

OOC: Don't worry about me Cesar, my stuff can wait till the main update and spare you some work. Not to mention Im not sure if Im actually going to do it yet.

OOC: As Fry suggested we need some IC to change the Course and I most certainly have some I can throw out right now.

Qing_Flag.png

The Qing Emperor ruler of all under heaven has announced that he has seen the Needed for a prolonged period of reforms dedicated to reforming the Qing Empire. To this end he has announced the Beginning of the hundred weeks reforms dedicated to improving the position of the Qing relative to the Europeans who had been putting enormous strain on the Government with their various demands. To start off this drastic change in Policy the Qing emperor has announced Officals are being sent into the Countryside to organise Voluntary Collective Rice farms and other Plantations to bolster production us and enable more money to flow through the Qing Coffers and bolster our Positions. We have also begun setting up government Institutions designed to Foster trade and encourage foreign Investment in the Country.

OOC: I posted the exact things I was doing in my orders and have promptly forgotten them This will do or now.

TaipingFlag2-1.jpg

By Imperial decree, it is herefor announced that the City of Nanjing is reinstated as the official Capital of China. It will serve as Residence of our true Emperor, Hong Xiuquan, and shall be an example to every Chinese citizen for the New Age our glorious Nation is headed towards!​

How's the purple on the eye? I like it better than the light bluish, but it's a bit harder to read.

Further, I welcome any and all criticism for my IC posts. Be it grammar, vocabulary or style - it will only help me improve.