• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The World: July 1862

mid1862.png

FlagoftheAustrianEmpire.png

All good men of the Empire! The last six months have seen great success! We pushed back the cowardly Italians and capturing the city of Venice. We have brought land reform and prosperity to the Empire, and if we all continue to work hard under the eyes of god, we will vanquish our enemies and send them running to the hills. The Kingdom of Serbs and Croats has been born after my talks with their leaders. Progress embraces the Empire. The attempt on my life was a near tragedy, but do not fear! My resolve to defeat Italy and Prussia has only been strengthened, as I hope the resolve of every good citizen of the Empire feels the same way! We will relive Prague! We will drive to Berlin! We will crush the enemies of Prussia!

Last edited:
Europe: July 1862

polishrebellion.png

Morrell8, If you do the stats, remember to add the Income Per Turn to the bank.

Oh, and attacking the Zulu would be suicide for anyone. Every battle will be an Isandlwana.

On a side note, the stats will be given a graphical update every other turn (End of the Year). Everyone will receive text stats in the middle of the year.

United States of Colombia
320px-Flag_of_United_States_of_Colombia.svg.png

People of Colombia! Liberales and Conservadores! This is a great day for our nation! The old, failing system of the Confederation has been done with, and in its place a new system, a Federal Republic, has been created based off of our successful neighbors to the north, the United States of America. The new reforms enacted with this new Constitution will ensure that all political ideologies of the nation are represented equally. This new system should allow our nation to never again fall prey to a civil war based on political beliefs, just as this past war was. We will show the world that we are a stable and strong nation, filled with strong and kind people.

Colombia shall welcome any and all peoples seeking refuge from the European war with open arms. Our nation is stable, our economy is growing and on the rise. New jobs are opening, with skilled workers needed to fill their positions. South America is not plagued by wars, now so common in both North America and Europe. Come and join us, ye tired, ye poor, ye huddled masses yearning to breathe free. Colombia opens her arms to be your new home, a home rich in culture, clean, fresh air, and growing industries needing the skilled workers only found in your current homes.

OOC: I wish I could help out :(

I chuckled when I read "successful neighbors to the north, the United States of America."

Only because they are embroiled in a Civil War right now.

President Lincoln repeats his call for all true Americans to support the USA. While so-called representatives in Kentucky have voted for the 'Confederacy', he his pleased by the example of the majority of the people of Kentucky by not supporting the rebel government.

Lincoln expresses hope that victories in the West bring this war ever closer to an end, one which we hope comes soon, when the people of the South support the Union again and throw off the shackles of their autocratic government.

To finish, Lincoln expresses his pleasure at the new-found stability of Columbia based upon our own constitution.

A statement from Congress follows:

With our armies advancing upon Texas, we urge the honourable people of that state to leave the Confederacy and save their lands from the desolation of war. We say to the Texans, and indeed all people of the South, that the their lands shall not violated by Federal soldiers if they disband their regulars and take no further part in this conflict. We respect the rights of a State to maintain a militia for defensive purposes only, and as such do not demand their disbandment also, as long as said militias are used only for such defensive purposes. The Union will see such action by any state currently part of the Confederacy as a declaration of neutrality and abstention from the war, which we shall respect. We seek not to punish decent Americans, only to bring to justice the belligerent Confederate government which through rash action brought war to our fair nation.

OOC: Thought I'd throw it out there.

The Balkan State... does exist. It's called the Kingdom of Croats and Serbs.

American Civil War: July 1862

juky1862.png

I toyed with the idea of forcefully renaming it the Austro-Croatian Empire, but decided to save it for Austria-Hungry.