• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

As much as I would like to attend, South Africa is a long, long way from Prussia, not to mention that the South African Republic does not have immediate sea access. We thusly send our sympathies for the death of King Wilhelm, and we congratulate Frederick in advance for his succession to the throne.

Prussia.jpg

Report on the death of His Majesty Wilhelm I
Waldemar Nord, Head of Polizei Operations​

By publically publishing this report, the Prussian Polizei intend to prove, without a doubt, the identity of the killer of King Wilhelm I. We have established evidence revealing the identity and motive of aforementioned killer. All shall be revealed in this report.

The killer's name was Jeremy Muller. He was born and lived until the age of 10 in England. At the age of 10, both of his ethnically German parents had died. His father had died of syphillis when he was four, whilst his mother died following a threshing accident at the local textile factory where she was employed. Jeremy was sent to live with his grandmother, in Deutschland, Nurnberg to be exact.

Here, he quickly mastered German but he fell victim to poverty and was a vunerable child running around a unknown city. It was here, that young Jeremy was corrupted by manipulative entitities in the Kingdom of Bavaria. He was enlisted into the Bavarian military, and served for eight years, from the ages of fifteen to twenty-three. It was here he was corrupted by vile forces and driven to do anything his masters commanded.

Around this time, the war had broken out, and his superiors sent him on one last mission for Bavaria. His mission was to kill Konig Wilhelm. He travelled through neutral Switzerland, then through southern France to Marseille. He chartered a merchant ship and sailed for London before the English launched their daring attack on Brest. It was in London that he purchased a small trinket which left him with three pounds in change.

As the Communist revolt neared London, Muller stole a small merchant ship with a band of vagabonds and sailed for Rostock. In Rostock, he posed as merchant to get past Prussian customs and walked to Berlin, staying overnight in various barns and inns. When he finally arrived in Berlin, he made his way to a revolutionary safehouse that has since been raided by the Polizei. Here he was given orders by traitorous revolutionaries to walk down a small alley next to Stahl theatre where he would receive final orders.

As he walked down the alley, he was noticed by two witnesses whom had just exited the theatre. A man had stepped from the shadows and placed two things in his hands. The witnesses noted him place a watch on his arm, then unfurl a small flag, then fold it back up and place it in his pocket. No words were said and Muller moved off after taking the watch and flag.

The next day, the day of our Konig's death, Muller went into a clothing store in one of the more fashionable districts in Berlin and came out in fine clothes, fit for a diplomat. He then preceded to the King's residence, where he demanded personal access to the Konig as a Swiss diplomat with a matter of urgence to speak of. He then entered the room, shot the Konig and seeing Prussian royal guards advancing on him, shot himself in the head, in a desparate attempt to protect himself and his perifidous nation.

But through the skill and determination of the operations department of the Polizei we have been able to find the source of Muller's funds, his employers. Bavaria. It is the opinion of this loyal German, that the Bavarians be exacted swift and painful justice.

Waldemar Nord,
Head of Operations,
Kingdom of Prussia Polizei.

OOC: That was fun to write.

I would like it if Prussia didn't resort to lying about the investigation and let an unbiased and neutral country like Sweden to do the investigation.

OOC: Fry, could you do a secession vote in Missouri and Kentucky after you come back?

OOC: Napoleon as always failing to carry out his own orders. Well lets hope I can get someone decent to lead the army.

Nice piece Morrell, except maybe his motives. I would imagine him attempting such a suicide mission could have been for his impoverished family or to impress his Bavarian mistress :).

Last edited:
OOC: Napoleon as always not following his own orders. Well lets hope I can get someone decent to lead the army.

Nice piece Morrell, except maybe his motives. I would imagine him attempting such a suicide mission could have been for his impoverished family or to impress his Bavarian mistress :).

OOC: Well Fry said that your army was now beset by horrible leaders and tactics. But you did get two hundred thousand men, so that should offset the balance.

edit: I was trying to convey, manipulated fanatic as Muller.

François Achille Bazaine takes over as Commander in Chief from Napoleon III

bazaine.png

I have graven on my chest two words - Honneur et Patrie. They have guided me for the whole of my military career. I have never failed that noble motto during the thirty-one years that I have loyally served France. And I will not fail it now. I swear it here, before Christ.
For The Emperor. For The Empire!​

François Achille Bazaine takes over as Commander in Chief from Napoleon III

bazaine.png

I have graven on my chest two words - Honneur et Patrie. They have guided me for the whole of my military career. I have never failed that noble motto during the thirty-one years that I have loyally served France. And I will not fail it now. I swear it here, before Christ.
For The Emperor. For The Empire!​

The King of Spain would like to advise the new French Despot that both his honor and his patria would be better served if France would lay down arms and accept conditions that would prevent further French ambitions to ruling Europe and the world.

OOC: Napoleon as always not following his own orders. Well lets hope I can get someone decent to lead the army.

OOC: Haha tell me about it, good old Lee losing 75,000.

The USA will gladly attend the coronation.

The King of Spain will attend the coronation, to show our utmost respect for the wise rule of Wilhelm, and to wish that his heir carries on the noble and righteous path of progress which characterized König Wilhelm's reign, but we insist on sending some lifeguards to coordinate with Prussian security forces to ensure the safety of everyone involved. We hope that our German counterparts do not take this as any doubt on their goodwill or capability.

Her Majesty herself shall try and attend the coronation, but should she not be able to, shall will send her ambassador to Prussia or her Foreign Secretary in her place. She expresses her joy and best wishes to Frederick III and her daughet Victoria, may they reign happily and successfully for many years to come.

We would also ask the French if, now with their Emperor captured, their capital under siege and their allies in chaos, they will consider coming to the peace table and entering talks with all parties as to the terms of their surrender. It is clear that France has lost this war, and she may only gain from accepting her defeat now.​

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Bavaria eagerly awaits for the rest of the Prussian fictional novel to be published. However the story seems to be flawed. How you can figure out a mans entire life story from a few coins and a flag is beyond me. Nevertheless, I'm sure your fantasy book will sell well.

OOC: Finding records just by the look would've been really hard. Oh and of course he was a poor soldier. It would've been impossible to find his records.

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Citizens of Germany! Do not give into Prussia! We can all see the lies in their sham investigation. Do you want corrupt liars to lead you? They cannot even protect their own King. How can they protect Germany?

Fight Oppression! Fight Coruption! Fight for the Fatherland! Join the Revolution!

Her Majesty's Government believes Prussia plans to protect the German people by not becoming a French puppet.​

The French have already sought peace. How are they trying to make the German people puppets?

Perhaps if the Bavarian Government knew what the French had tried to negotiate with us, behind the backs of our and their allies, they would not be so hasty to deny France intends to turn most of Germany into puppet states.​