• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Please, don't make me laugh. The only time Im going anywhere near China is to sell Opium and acquire treaty ports.

OOC: Nonsense to get to Geneva you'll have to trek up into the mountains while to get to Shanghai you'll only have to take a boat.

OOC: You do realize that from, say, Kiel, it would be one REALLY long boat ride to China, right? And all that distance just for some peace conference nobody actually wants to go to, which, as I previously said, is being mediated by those whom the Europeans believe to be barbarians.

If anything, it'd probably be easier just to have it in Switzerland.

OOC: Any neutral country in Europe is a good place for this Peace Conference.

OOC: Or we could just not have a peace conference? You know, by waiting until the war is over until starting negotiations?

War will continue until one side capitulates. You all wanted a large war. Now you must pay the price. The longer this war goes on, the more your country will suffer from the scrouges of war. As a result of this conflict, the United States and the Americas may very well emege as the stonger contintent.

OOC: Mass migration from Europe to America?

Der Berlin Standard
March 1862

König Wilhelm Shot! British Agent Suspected!

Our King has been killed! News has reached us that a man, dressed as a Swiss diplomat entered into the König's chamber, requesting an audience with urgent information about the war. In English, the man shouted "God save Switzerland!", and shot the König in the chest, killing him. The man then shot himself in the head. Upon investigation of his body, the man was found with a small, British made Swiss flag. Also in his possession was a Bavarian-made watch, with the word "Switzerland" scratched on the back. Wrapped in the flag were 3 British pounds. We here suspect British involvement, but we are not certain of anything.

Last edited:
OOC: As I suspected, the UK has backstabbed Prussia.
Spitfire predicted it with 100% accuracy.

War will continue until one side capitulates. You all wanted a large war. Now you must pay the price. The longer this war goes on, the more your country will suffer from the scrouges of war. As a result of this conflict, the United States and the Americas may very well emege as the stonger contintent.

They could just negotiate a peace if it turns out to be a stalemate, no?

OOC: That is one weird list of clues: Dressed Swiss (how do you do that?), spoke English, shouted save Switzerland, had a British made Swiss flag (how do they know these things! Crazy Germans!), a Bavarian watch with Switzerland scrawled on the back, and three British pounds.

To me, that either points to a genuinely crazed Swiss, or a Bavarian. Or someone else so cunning they pretended to be all three.

I imagine that order made you chuckle Fry, whatever it was.

OOC: Shouldn't the US lose like 9 stab for being a stubborn nation? This is very fair. :D

OOC: That framing was so insane that it seems only Doombunny could plan it.

Her Majesty's Government expresses our deepest sympathy for Koenig Wilhelm. He was a great man, and will be sorely missed by all.

We shall not even bother to comment upon speculation that we had any involvement, as in the opinion of Her Majesty's Government, the accusations are foolish and have no evidence. Quite frankly, how someone could even suspect British involvement on the simple basis of a flag and some pennies is beyond us. Especially given our stance towards Prussia currently, one of mutual and firm friendship. Assassinating the Koenig is simply a foolish move which would net us nothing.​

OOC: That is possibly the worst attempt to frame someone I have ever seen.