• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Is it just me or could the Confederates go on an attack towards the Great Lakes to cut New England off from the rest of the Union.
OOC: It would leave Washington DC undefended it does not defeat the Union Threat in Pennsylvania.

War will continue until France and Prussia agree to a peace, or one nation capitulates.

Bavaria is willing to negotiate peace, however we all know Prussia and Britain want war.

OOC: Still If I was the Union player I'd have the army of the Susquehanna a little further west in case the Army of North Virginia made a run for the Great lakes.

OOC: Hmm that is an idea. Certainly interesting strategically.

OOC: Still If I was the Union player I'd have the army of the Susquehanna a little further west in case the Army of North Virginia made a run for the Great lakes.

It's simply not possible. They'd have to swing up into Pennsylvania, pass the Army of the Susquehanna, then fight through numerous state militias. Hell, the Union Army gained around three thousands volunteers when Lee moved into Pennsylvania. A move towards the Great Lakes would mobilize the nation in a way unseen in ANY war.

OOC: The thoughts of total mobilisation will give me horrible nightmares.

It's simply not possible. They'd have to swing up into Pennsylvania, pass the Army of the Susquehanna, then fight through numerous state militias. Hell, the Union Army gained around three thousands volunteers when Lee moved into Pennsylvania. A move towards the Great Lakes would mobilize the nation in a way unseen in ANY war.

OOC: BUT you must consider that after the loss of Washington many in the Union might be reconsidering their loyalties and such a dramatic Campaign if they Could get past that Army could cause many in the Union to toss in the Towel and swap sides. The Unions losing badly and one more even possible strategic victory by the Confederates may be enough to make many defect. Any way what would the people care they will not just throw there lives away will they. How would things be different under the Confederacy than under the Union. States may well end up having more power but apart from that what will change, not a lot probably so many people seeing the Union getting hammered may just decide to stay out of it.

OOC: Since it seems I have nothing to lose, Fry, could you simulate the Kentucky and Missouri secession votes?

OOC: BUT you must consider that after the loss of Washington many in the Union might be reconsidering their loyalties and such a dramatic Campaign if they Could get past that Army could cause many in the Union to toss in the Towel and swap sides. The Unions losing badly and one more even possible strategic victory by the Confederates may be enough to make many defect. Any way what would the people care they will not just throw there lives away will they. How would things be different under the Confederacy than under the Union. States may well end up having more power but apart from that what will change, not a lot probably so many people seeing the Union getting hammered may just decide to stay out of it.

OOC: I'm sure Fry has thought about it. He's done a PhD on it as far as I'm aware, give him some credit.

Sigh.

No.

EVEN if Washington HAD fallen during the American Civil War, the worst thing that would happen is that Maryland would have gone for the Confederacy and Lincoln would have a depression meltdown. But the war would continue. The Confederate States of America was founded on the principle that all men are NOT created equal. The United States of America was founded by the Declaration of Independence. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. There is no motivation, no reason, at ALL for any of the Union soldiers to run away from the Union, nor any more states, save the possibility of Kentucky and Missouri. It was no big secret that the Confederacy was founded for Slavery. (SEE: Alexander Stephens; Cornerstone Speech) At the time Lincoln had already had issued the Emancipation Proclamation before any serious threat could be brought to Washington. (Meade kept Lee well in Virginia for all of 1862 until the disasters that lead to Sharpsburg.)

I... Won't go into more because it will be a lecture.

Simply put. No.

OOC: As long as I continue having decisive victories, I should easilly push for a peace.

OOC: I'm sure Fry has thought about it. He's done a PhD on it as far as I'm aware, give him some credit.

OOC: I'm sure he has thought about it but this isn't history. Once one thing changes in history the rest goes to pot. In reality only two battles of the American Civil war were fought in Union territory both were Union victories. Here there has been lots of fighting in formerly Union territory with numerous Union defeats you simply can't predict how people will react. But It seems likely that they'll just stop supporting a losing union.

200px-Flag_of_Switzerland_%28Pantone%29.svg.png

Swiss Confederation

The Swiss Confederation would like to deny ANY involvement in the assassination of König Wilhelm of Prussia. However, we have been approached by a few select countries, which asked us for cooperation in this war, and we have overwhelmingly denied any involvement. We do, however, ask the Kingdom of Prussia that if they are victorious, if they will respect Swiss Neutrality, and not attempt to take control of the German-speaking population. In exchange for such a deal, the Swiss Confederation would be willing to trade with this new German nation.

OOC: I'm sure he has thought about it but this isn't history. Once one thing changes in history the rest goes to pot. In reality only two battles of the American Civil war were fought in Union territory both were Union victories. Here there has been lots of fighting in formerly Union territory with numerous Union defeats you simply can't predict how people will react. But It seems likely that they'll just stop supporting a losing union.

OOC: Please stop. Did you just ignore Fry's reply?

Antietam, Gettysburg, Wilson's Creek, Perryville, New Madrid, Glorieta Pass, Paducah, Mill Springs, Bowling Green, Frederick, Phillipi, Cheats Mountain?

Only just a fraction of the battles fought on Union soil.

Simply put. Stop the argument. I say this as the GM.

OOC: As others have said, Fry's a college professor with a Ph.D in American history. I'm fairly certain he knows what he's doing. In fact, he's probably more likely to be right about this kind of stuff than anyone else here.