• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Sugar, fruit, cotton. All cash crops. Not to mention that whilst one Caribbean island was worth more then all 13 colonies in 1776, in 1861 I doubt this was true any more, due to the changing economic situation around the world and the industrialisation of the US.

Austria's land reform was a movement from a fuedal system to a capitalist system. Land ownership shot up, and thousands of people opened businesses and shops, increasing tax revenue.

The British offered the islands to surrender, and they did.

OOC: Exactly.

OOC: Exactly what ? They may have grown many cash crops, but that doesn't exclude possibility to grow food. Do you really think they imported all food prior to war and non-existing British blockade. Or possibility to switch to food production during war.

As GM already pointed out they simply surrendered. French genes I guess.

Frymonmon - Austria switched from feodal system in 1848.

OOC: You should use war orders against them, you might even get a war update today.

Her Majesty's Government will not stand for the theft of British property, the unlawful and unjust harassment of our citizens and the aggressive actions of the Persian Shah.

We advise him to immediately reverse his policy and pay compensation to all those effected, or consequences shall be extremely severe.​

OOC: Do we really have to go through the formality of war? I mean, cant you just give me the keys to the Imperial Palace and then go somewhere else?

(I should have been more clear. When I posted earlier I had just gotten back from my study. Now after I have slept a good three hours, I can clarify.)

The new Austrian System is another step away from the system they adopted after the feudal system was ripped away. In this new system, it highly resembles American Capitalism, where everyone has a good sum of money. Keep in mind that £1,000 is not really a £1,000. It stands for a larger denomination. I simply use values a small as that to easily keep track of it. Furthermore, the Austrian Emperor is well... the Emperor. He can pay whatever he damn well feels like for land, so basically he ripped off the former landowners and gave out massive chunks of land to the people working it. So basically, what you see here is a massive explosion in private enterprise, where the incentive is to try and get money. If you want to think of it simply, the Austrian Empire is now the America of Europe.

Prussia.jpg

To the Danes, the men of Schwelstig-Holstein are Germans and should they request to be unifed with other Germans, you should grant them this justice. I don't want to hear news of violence against ethnic Germans in Schwelstig-Holstein.

To the Danes, the men of Schwelstig-Holstein are Germans and should they request to be unifed with other Germans, you should grant them this justice. I don't want to hear news of violence against ethnic Germans in Schwelstig-Holstein.

OOC: What is the Prussian opinion on self-determination for the Polish? :p

OOC: Frymo, shouldn't I have those Ironclads I ordered on turn 1 completed?

OOC: Frymo, shouldn't I have those Ironclads I ordered on turn 1 completed?

OOC: As long as they weren't being built in London or Liverpool ;)

(I should have been more clear. When I posted earlier I had just gotten back from my study. Now after I have slept a good three hours, I can clarify.)

The new Austrian System is another step away from the system they adopted after the feudal system was ripped away. In this new system, it highly resembles American Capitalism, where everyone has a good sum of money. Keep in mind that £1,000 is not really a £1,000. It stands for a larger denomination. I simply use values a small as that to easily keep track of it. Furthermore, the Austrian Emperor is well... the Emperor. He can pay whatever he damn well feels like for land, so basically he ripped off the former landowners and gave out massive chunks of land to the people working it. So basically, what you see here is a massive explosion in private enterprise, where the incentive is to try and get money. If you want to think of it simply, the Austrian Empire is now the America of Europe.

OOC: Still, I imagine the upper landowning class would be quite pissed...

The King of Spain, out of his nearly infinite wisdom and patience, has issued a partial amnesty to all Catalans who stop fighting for the French invaders.

Under the terms of this royal edict, any Catalan who is found to have taken arms and fought for the French invaders, will be tried by Spanish Justice. If they did not willingly and promptly surrender in three months from the issuement of this edict, they will be accused of treason, whose penalty is death by the garrote. If they do surrender, they will be bound to serve fifteen years of professional service in the Spanish Armed Forces to repay their debt to the Spanish people. They will receive full pay, and be eligible for military honors, and they shall form the "Tercio de la Redención".

Excluded from this amnesty are civil and military officials of high rank who have been found to willingly cooperate with France before the military occupation.

OOC: I want to have my own "Légion etrangére"

OOC: Reis, clear your PM's please.