• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Siege of Brest

A hazy summer day in Britain heralded the entire Home Fleet leaved port in Liverpool, loaded with 20,000 British Marines, towards the French City of Brest. Under the guise of friendship, the Marines got off in Brest, and disappeared into the city. French Regulars, 15,000 strong, thought nothing of this and boarded the British ships, supposedly bound for Hanover to aide against Prussian attacks. It soon changed.

At noon, the 4th of July, the French Tricolor was lowered over one of the Shore Batteries, and up flew the Union Jack. As if hell broke loose at once, every ship in the British Home Fleet fired upon their French counterparts, sinking all of them. The British Ships continued to siege the city, with the coastal batteries turned around, the British Marines occupying them fired upon the city itself, killing massive numbers of civilians and destroying the city. The British Home Fleet also leveled the city, and after a three hour period, the City of Brest was no more. The British Navy had sunk every French ship, massacred the 15,000 Regulars on board and dumped them in the harbor. From there, the British Marines embarked the ships once again and the British Navy steamed towards the British Islands, away from the devastated and destroyed port. [-15,000 Regulars from France. -5 Large Ships, -12 Small Ships from France.]

OOC: France has no navy! I assume the 150,000 is a typo at the end.

OOC: 150k would be ridiculous.

Fixed!

Her Majesties Government regrets the action we had forced upon us, but we were given no other choice by the French declaration of war upon us, through a declaration of war upon Prussia. All true Britons shall celebrate this day as a victory that even Nelson himself would be proud of. The daring, skill and bravery of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines cannot be overemphasised.

RULE BRITTANIA!

[video=youtube;yHNfvJc99YY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHNfvJc99YY[/video]​

OOC: All hail Britannia!

OOC: USA, congratulate me on my amazing plan!

I'll give Prussia about 500 industry if they white peace this war.

The USA indirectly supports British actions against France, as with a weaker navy, France has less ability to project it's force where it does not belong.

On a side note, OTL President Davis said to Lee under no circumstances surrender. In TTL, Lincoln said to defend Washington.

He doesn't like to follow orders.

Her Majesties Government would like to inform the French Empire that a second declaration of war against us is unneeded, we recieved the first perfectley clearly. Furthermore, we advise any other nations against involvement in this war, it would not be adviseable to do so.​

OOC: Oh your absowutley Howwid, you nasty Bwitish fewows.

The Empire of Japan is appalled at the brutality occurring in Europe. And they thought WE, the people of Asia, the barbarians!

OOC: Hai der World War 1....