• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC : Well, after some PM talks, it seems that Spain only started producing Ironclads during 1862, unlike the Brazilians, that had that technology by 1861...I haven't seen anything related to Spain suddently getting Ironclad technology and building them, so i would ask for an explaination.

OOC: Spanish magic!

The Monroe Doctrine is NOT a law! I will beat anyone here who says that again with a wet noodle!

The Brazilian government said it would not board or stop third party ships we do not believe the Brazilians can be trusted to honor there word. While Belgium will not interfere in this war we are firmly on Argentina's side now.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

OOC: Excellent mini-update Fry. Doom I agree that we shouldn't start another massive war but I don't think Reis wanted to join but he kinda has to intervene now. The ironclad was probably one of the ones he got off France.

OOC : Of course, but i still ask, from where the hell Spain suddently got ironclads? They haven't built any to my knowledge.

If my flagship wasn't an ironclad, i can't be sure if Spain has ANY ironclad at all.

Oh. Crap. I forgot to mention, the Spanish Ironclad is actually La Gloire. The French had to give it up to Spain.

OOC : Well, after some PM talks, it seems that Spain only started producing Ironclads during 1862, unlike the Brazilians, that had that technology by 1861...I haven't seen anything related to Spain suddently building them, so i would ask for an explaination.

OOC: Actually the first Ironclad was the La Gloire in 1859 (Which pretty much scared the Royal Navy all kinds of hell) and this was followed by the Warrior in 1860 for the British. As far as I know, no other European power even started constructing Ironclads till 1862. Whilst Spain was one of these, and Brazil wasn't, it does seem a bit odd they could get Ironclads without us seeing any expansion in the updates of the navy.

Fry beat me to it. Although this brings up the question, can I have the ships and cash from the Treaty of Versailles now? Germany, Italy and myself are waiting for them I believe.

Spain promised that they would allow us to investigate their ships, perhaps you need to be more active on world politics.
This went too far.

OOC : EDIT : Then it is explained.
But Doom, Brazil had ironclad technology by 1861, i really haven't expanded the navy, so i can see why i wouldn't have any.

Spain promised that they would allow us to investigate their ships, perhaps you need to be more active on world politics.
This went too far.

But Doom, Brazil had ironclad technology by 1861, i really haven't expanded the navy, so i can see why i wouldn't have any.

The fact that you didn't order any expansion of your Navy since we started might explain why your flagship is (was) a wooden ship.

This went too far.

OOC: I let you investigate, I didn't say you could do anything about it. In fact, I was kinda hoping your admirals were stupid enough to do that.

The fact that you didn't order any expansion of your Navy since we started might explain why your flagship is (was) a wooden ship.

OOC : Interestingly, the turn the war was forced on us was the turn i planned to start a massive rebuilding of the navy, willing to even go into debt.

Also Reis, if you take an active role in the war your people will probably get annoyed and the other south american countries worried.

EDIT : And you actually broke your promise in the end, your captain ordered my admiral out of the ships whiout any explainations.

OOC: French ships are all over the world....except in France it seems. :p Oh and just because spain is allowing inspections doesn't mean France is. We are against interference in free trade with established governments as we said. Also this would not have happened, nor austria getting a navy, had you guys left me the entire fleet the last french guy built. :ninja:

The Kingdom of Spain does not wish for an escalation of the conflict. We will settle the issue with Brazil in return for monetary compensation for damages to the Spanish Armada.

We need not remind the other nations that Argentina is a sovereign nation by international law, and therefore the transaction is entirely legitimate. Brazil conducted an unprovoked attack upon the Kingdom of Spain and should be condemned by the international community.

OOC: It's not a violation of Monroe doctrine if Brazil decides to attack foreign shipping.

Wasn't the Kingdom of Spain the same country that promised to allow us to investigate your vessels? Yet your captain expulsed our admiral from his ship when he was doing no more than what was agreed to.

OOC : Do you really expect monetary compensation after that? No sorry, if the ship investigations had been completed maybe, but i have no reason to pay to you now.

OOC : Interestingly, the turn the war was forced on us was the turn i planned to start a massive rebuilding of the navy, willing to even go into debt.

Also Reis, if you take an active role in the war your people will probably get annoyed and the other south american countries worried.

EDIT : And you actually broke your promise in the end, your captain ordered my admiral out of the ships whiout any explainations.

OOC: The inspection had ran it's course. Personally, I might have had him hanged from the mast, but hey...

OOC: Looking at this objectively, the Spanish are the aggressor. If you submit to a search by a police officer, you don't then tell him to take a hike when he discovers the illegal substances in your pocket.

But who cares, its 1863, lets shoot some stuff!

OOC: The world war only ended like a year ago and now a new war is sparking? What is this I don't even.

We accept that the reason for that Brazil boarded those ships was as Spain allowed them to.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

OOC: Looking at this objectively, the Spanish are the aggressor. If you submit to a search by a police officer, you don't then tell him to take a hike when he discovers the illegal substances in your pocket.

But who cares, its 1863, lets shoot some stuff!

OOC : If countries cared about me blockading Argentina, they will care about that.

Fry, i have a question, could i change my orders once more? (i won't change the one that was used up by now, that was the blockade order)

OOC: The inspection had ran it's course. Personally, I might have had him hanged from the mast, but hey...

Correct. The Admiral had seen the entire Manifest of the Ship's Cargo. Nothing more than flour and wheat. However, the problem was with the Bill of Sale the Spanish Captain foolishly left open on his desk.

You may change them.

The USA urges Brazil to respect neutral shipping that is headed for a sovereign nation.

OOC: If I went to war with Spain it'd be because they recognise the South, not because their neutral shipping was attacked. Anyway, I'd be voted out in 1 year, not 2.