• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Orders of the Year

1861: Spitfire5793

Bavaria
1. Begin a huge propoganda campaign throughout Germany. I want posters everywhere (especially among the south German states and West Prussia! I want posters explainging that the French are liberaters. I want posters which are directed at the oppressed Prussian Catholics. I want posters of the German maiden! I want posters which will make every German in the land gain German nationalism, who support Bavaria and Hannover. (100 gold max)
2. Send delegates and diplomats to Baden, Wuttemburg and Saxony. Convince them back into the rebellion. We will tell them that if the rebellion fails Bavaria will take full responsibility. Again, reassure them that the French are liberators, not conquers. (50 gold max)
3. Send a diplomat and Bavaria's leading cardinal/bishop (the most influential catholic) to the Pope in Rome, asking for his approval of the war against Prussia and seek his condemnation of the oppressive Protestant Prussians and Barbaric British Protestants. (20 gold max)
4. Fund Polish and Lithuanian Nationalists in east Prussia (30 gold max)

War Orders:

1. My army will be split into a number of small groups which will do harass the enemy. It there's a big army trying to attack, they will all retreat in different directions
2. A few of my men will also dress as Prussian army officers and infiltrate their army. They will give wrong orders and try to cause general confusion
3. Scouts will track any Prussian army. They will run ahead and change road signs, eventually leading them into a neutral country like Belgium or into a swamp, or into some hole in the middle of no where
4. Reduce Prussian army moral by feeding them fake newspapers which tell of the Prussian king loving a Polish whore. Or how 2000 prussians were killed by the Prussian army because they protested over not getting enough food, ect, ect.

1862: von_Rundstedt

Taiping Heavenly Kingdom
Warorders:

-Station 1,000,000 regulars and 1,000,000 conscripts around the Yellow River Valley, to guard it against possible attacks by the Qing Empire from Beijing or other cities in the North. Have them fortify cities north of the River,
to serve as bridgeheads for counterattacks, and station large reserves south of the river to carry out these
counter attacks. General strategy in the North is the Defense, although tactical attacks may be carried out to
improve the strategic situation. Special emphasis on a cavalry screen to warn the troops early enough of
approaching enemies, and to harass their lines on their advance.

-Use another 1,500,000 Regulars and 1,500,000 Conscripts to pacify the cities still loyal to the Qing Emperor
within our territory (if possible without using force/ask them to surrender peacefully first), and to occupy the south Eastern Coast, with emphasis on the ports of Shanghai and Hangzhou, if possible also capturing the Imperial ships there. Again, special epmhasis on cavalry screens (can I make this a general doctrine of my army?).

-Use the remaining 500,000 regulars as a strategic reserve, divided into 5 corps, to be used whereever they are
needed.

-*Only* engage enemy forces when we have numerical superiority, but when engaging, use the full power of the army to achieve breaktroughs. No wasting troops on half-hearted attacks.

Normal orders:

-Treat the population, and especially the Qing officials and/or army members who wish to surrender with care. If
possible, incorporate them into our own administration and army.

-Attempt to easen the burden of the general population for the war effort - use up to 40$ of the treasury to help
with the general needs of the people. (Food, shelter, etc)

-Increase food rations for the troops as much as possible with the remaining funds. (10$)

-Generally start promoting the officers and officials who have served loyally and well, and not those who bought
favours. (If that's been the case so far)

1863: King50000

Confederate States of America

War:

1. Army of Northern Virginia
-General Thomas Jackson is now in command.
-Orders to march north as winter ends and the weather allows, strike a fatal blow against the severely weakened Union army near Philidelphia, attacking and capturing Philidelphia as well. Ways to achieve this are left for Jackson to decide.
-25,000 of the new regulars and 150,000 of the new black conscripts to be sent to the Army of Northern Virginia

2. Army of Georgia
-General P.G.T. Beauregard is now in command
-Orders to defeat Sherman once and for all. The Army retreated towards Montgomery after the defeat at Atlanta, so defensive works should be constructed along the route, using the Tallapoosa River to cover our left flank. If the defense is successful, Beauregard is to pursue and defeat Sherman if it is militarily possible.
-20,000 of the new regulars and 150,000 of the new black conscripts to be sent to the Army of Georgia, as well as small ships to sail up the Alabama River to the Tallapoosa to assist with firing support, just as was done on the Mississippi at Vicksburg.

3. Army of Trans-Mississippi
-General Albert Sidney Johnston is now in command
-Orders to advance up the Mississippi River and engage the weak Union forces there. Johnston should attempt to defeat the Union army however he thinks he can, and
continue to push north, liberating Missouri and allowing for a secession vote to be held in the capital.
-20,000 of the new regulars and 100,000 of the new black conscriptsto be sent to the Army of Trans-Mississippi, with the 6 strong Confederate navy on the
Mississippi (2 original +4 captured from the Union) being strengthened with 5 additional small ships to provide firing support on the river, and sail up the river,
engaing Union ships and landing 15,000 conscripts from Vicksburg at St. Louis and any other Missouri cities along the river.

4. Army of Texas
-General Joseph E. Johnston is now in command
-Orders to create defensive works along the Texas-Arizona Territory border and defend against any incoming Unions attacks until reinforcements arrive. Raids are to be sent across the border to harass the Union army, and aid to be asked for from the Five Civilized Tribes to cover the northern flank.
-100,000 of the new black conscripts to be sent to the Army of Texas, upon their arrival Johnston is to attack the Union army facing him, retaking the Arizona Territory, as well as the New Mexico Territory.

Normal:

1. Infanstructure
-New rail and telegraph lines need to be laid asap!
-Prioritize this before all other civilian construction works, even commandeer slaves that have not joined the Army to get it done, with due compensation to their owners.

2. Soldiers
-Dispatch to all the armies from Lee in an attempt to rally the troops and prevent more black disertion. To be read aloud infront of each army.
-Remind the Black soldiers that they are now part of the Army and will face the same consequences for disertion as the White ones, death. They are already garenteed freedom for enlisting, so why not continue to fight like they signed up to do? If the South wins, the Blacks will have earned some respect from the White soldiers they fought alongside of, where as if the South loses they will be hated even more than now.
-Tell the white soldiers, that if there had been more Black soldiers within the Georgia militia's, Sherman's Army may have been stalled long enough for Beauregard to learn about the "March to the Sea" and march to Savanna.
-Both Black's and Whites need to work together to maintain their freedom and win the war.

3. Smuggling
-The small ships that were to help Beauregard are now redirected to blockade-running.
-Cotton building up in the ports along the Gulf coast will be smuggled out with the blockade-runner, and sold at Guatemalan and Brazilian ports to civilian buyers.
-While at these ports, the blockade-runners will buy needed goods that are currently in short supply in the Confederacy, as well as paying a "tariff" to the local government and port officials.

4. Resistance
-Sherman has destroyed Georgia!! Take up your arms and fight back against these invaders wherever possible! Skirmish in the streets, plunder their supply depots, do whatever it takes to hurt
Sherman and his blood lusting hellhounds! Send information about Sherman's army to General Beauregard in Columbia, South Carolina, and join his forces to help liberate your homes!
Fight for honor, fight for your homes and families, and fight for the South!
-Panflets with those lines should be smuggled into the Union occupied areas of Georgia, with any available guns and ammo to help any resistance that develops.

That turn didn't happen yet, so I didn't throw it up there.

OOC: So the Brazilians and Guatemalans helped the CSA smuggling ring...
Suspected as much...

Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

We are proud and surprised by increase of demand for Ottoman Lira during past few months as reported by Bank-ı Osmanî-i Şahane (Imperial Ottoman Bank). Officials have reported, that both private and public organizations have bought almost all of Ottoman Lira reserves kept by Bank-ı Osmanî-i Şahane. It's encouraging to see, that investors expect that Ottomans Lira value will rise. That shows trust in our government's abilities and prospects of our economy. As an additional bonus is influx of foreign currency now available for further investments abroad.

Heartened by increased tax revenue from Dersaadet Tahvilat Borsasi (Ottoman Stock exchange) and by superiority shown by private businessmans we have decided to release all state owned shares from various enterprises. That includes Ottoman owned factories and shipyards in France. Increased volume of trade, rising industrial production (about to double in 1 year's time) and investor friendly government will hopefully be enough to strengthen Istanbul position as main financial centre of SE Europe and Middle east.

Bank-ı Osmanî-i Şahane
rrpmjm.jpg

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

Attachments

• Ottoman_Bank.jpg
    Ottoman_Bank.jpg
    85,7 KB · Views: 20
OOC: Hey, I'm going to be revising my orders for this turn. I'll send them later today.

OOC: So the Brazilians and Guatemalans helped the CSA smuggling ring...
Suspected as much...

I don't think we did anything both for and against that. For all anyone knew, we were just trading with American traders, as the CSA was a part of the USA at that time. So, yeah, I agree with Duke. Ignored it. :p

If I can get stats for Mehico I can send in orders to be included in this next coming turn.

We will still wait for the final peace settlement of the American War to issue a formal recognition of the Confederate States of America, even though it seems that their independence is now secured.

We would also like to commend the Ottoman Empire for their quick paced march into economic greatness.

OOC: As a remark on the Ottomans, during this time the city was officially known as "Konstantiniyye". I can't see Ottoman officials calling it by its common name (which is a stupid name, if you know its definition, but that is a discussion for another time). (Also, common as in: the name used by the people, the common folk, the plebeians, the peasants, etcetera).

OOC: As a remark on the Ottomans, during this time the city was officially known as "Konstantiniyye". I can't see Ottoman officials calling it by its common name (which is a stupid name, if you know its definition, but that is a discussion for another time). (Also, common as in: the name used by the people, the common folk, the plebeians, the peasants, etcetera).

OOC: Interesting, didn't know that. Is it still called that way by people, or is it Istanbul now ?

OOC: Interesting, didn't know that. Is it still called that way by people, or is it Istanbul now ?

OOC: I did state that the common name was "Istanbul". It is very old and...IMO a stupid name. It comes from the Medieval Greek phrase "eis tín Pólin". It means "to the city", or "in the city". The reason for the phrase is pretty obvious, seeing as Constantinople was The City (and in some respects, I suppose still is). The name "Istanbul" originates somewhere in the 10th century, but it was never an official name until 1930.

So yeah, it does well for a name used by the common folk, but as an official name for a city? No.
One can see this in a lot of toponyms in Anatolia. For example, "Iznik" comes from the phrase, "eis Nicaea", which means "to Nicaea". It drives me mad! :confused:

I am not entirely certain what the Ottomans used as official names for the less prominent cities, but Constantinople was Constantinople (in turkish: Konstantiniyye).

OOC: Not like anything came to those orders anyways :rolleyes: so don't be blaming Brazil and Guatemala for anything.
For all you guys know, I could have sent smugglers to the Dutch and British Guyana, as well as Spanish, Danish, and German caribbean colonies and Mexico. ;)

Will be sending revised orders Frymonmon, once this peace treaty is all finished.

IC: The Confederate Dollar shall, at this time, be tied to the French Franc. -Secretary of the Treasury Christopher Memminger

OOC: Can you trade in the currency of a nation which doesn't recognise you?

Hate to break it to ya, but the Confederate Dollar is still worth .1 Gold Pieces.