• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
for the love of - A player may stay as his nation forever UNLESS the government is overthrown, then they must choose a new nation, or continue as a rump government with other abilities.
OOC: The quote you quoted answered your own question.

Honourable Gentlemen of the Houses of Parliament. I stand before you today to give my resignation as Prime Minister. I regret to say that I have failed in many areas of my task, both in regards to handling the US Civil War and in regards to handling the populace. I must admit, I did not expect so spontaneous a revolution to occur. Therefore, I must resign and retire to my country home. I shall leave William Gladstone to take over my place as Prime Minister, he shall be well suited to the task.

*Gladstone takes the stage*

Honourable Gentlemen. I must first apologise for my speech, which shall not be delivered with my usual zeal and preparation, due to the sudden nature of which it has been sprung upon me. In my speech, I shall adress several key issues. Firstly, it is my opinion and the opinion of Her Majesties Government that our policy in regards to the CSA must continue along the path set by my predecesor. That is to say, that all support shall be withdrawn and we shall consider more active support of the USA, should the need arise. Secondly, on matters pertaining to the Marxist revolution in Great Britain. I am prepared to show mercy, should the Revolutionaries now lay down their arms and return to their homes. her Majesties Government has listened to their cries and has changed our policy on the CSA as a result. Should the Revolutionaries not back down now however, I shall be forced, in the name of Queen Victoria, St George, Brittania and the almighty God himself, to use whatever force necessary to defend the British Empire and all its territories and persons from these Revolutionaries.

*Cries of 'HERE, HERE!' and applause*​

OOC: Excellent.

OOC: Didn't Victoria have real power at this point though?

Same amount as Lizzy has now. Theoretically, she can screw over Parliament at a lot of oppurtunities. Parliaments solution to this is the block.

If the Empire falls, I couldnt stand to play the Marxists. Ireland on the other hand...

As long as there is no one playing as the Marxists, he may stay on as Britain, but he MUST follow the Communist Hardline.

OOC: Which is impossible, since he is a die hard capitalist and hates communism. And is an absolutist and Karl Marx wouldn't allow that!

BRITONS! HERE THE CALL!

The Empire calls you to her defense! Brittania is beset by many foes, Marxists, who would seek to overthrow civilisation, enslave you all and return you to the dark days of despotism and feudalism! Frenchmen, who would attack the Empires allies and seek once again, as in the days of Napoleon, to dominate the continent and destroy the British Empire and the ideals of freedom and democracy that it stands for!

NO MORE CAN WE STAND IDLY BY! ALL TRUE BRITONS SHOULD ANSWER THE CALL! DEFEND THE EMPIRE! DEFEND DEMOCRACY! DEFEND THE QUEEN!​

OOC: Im not a die hard capitalist, nor do I hate Communism. I do however disapprove of many of Marx's ideas.

Can I play as Alsace-Lorraine Frymonmon?

For the 2nd (I think?) time, yes.

OOC: Von_Rundstedt wanted to play the Marxists in Britain, will you allow him to?

Yes! We need a leader of the Revolution. Unless no other country here wants to, He shall RP as Karl Marx.

OOC: oh sorry I missed it and thanks.
EDIT: Any ideas on where to get an Alsace flag?

OOC: Marx himself is leading this revolution. Oh sweet jesus, I have an oppurtunity to stop almost a century of enslavement and hypocrisy before its begun!

OOC: Cesar, not to cut you off or anything, but Von_Rundstest did call it.

Who said I would kill Marx? Ill just imprison him. After humiliating him at a trial. With him and his cronies gone, his influence will be a lot less effective.

OOC: oh sorry I missed it and thanks.
EDIT: Any ideas on where to get an Alsace flag?

OOC: Go to google, type "the republic of Alsace-Lorraine", click enter, go to images, scroll down through the different flags, ignore the maps. I just look it up as well, and there is 1 that looks pro-German for this situation.

OOC: But if you think carefully, the ideas will never be corrupted by Lenin and to a larger extent Stalin if Britain becomes a dictatorship of the proletariat!

The Worker's Council of the Advancement and Guide to the Glorious Revolutionary Struggle of Freedom to the Common British Worker
Ipswich, England​

People! Heed my call! We have been armed! We have been awoken to the glorious struggle! We have lost the support of our Abolitionist friends because of the British Government's desperate attempt to stomp out glorious revolution! WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED! WE WILL BE HEARD!

Under this authority, I, Karl Marx, the founder of this ideology we are so driven by, rights to the worker, am now announcing the creation of a Revolutionary Government! Thus, we shall call ourselves the Worker's Commonwealth of Britain! Down to the Imperialist Powers! Down to the reign of a Tyrant! Down to the British Government who will stop at nothing less than murdering an entire town of innocent French people! Enough! Arise! Arise! Worker's of the World, UNITE!

As Karl Marx stepped down from the podium, a chorus rang up from the angry crowd,

Stand up, damned of the Earth
Stand up, prisoners of starvation
Reason thunders in its volcano
This is the eruption of the end
Of the past let us make a clean slate
Enslaved masses, stand up, stand up
The world is about to change its foundation
We are nothing, let us be all
This is the final struggle
Let us group together, and tomorrow
The Internationale
Will be the human race​