• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Qing_Flag.png

The Qing Emperor ruler of all under heaven has given command of the Army of the North to Li Hongzhang and the Command of the Army of the Yellow River to Zeng Guofan who are ordered to prepare Qing forces to defeat the Taiping Rebels Whatever the Cost.With any Hope of Foreign Intervention killed off by the current Pan European Conflict the Emperor knows that Skilled Chinese leaders regardless of Race are needed to end the Conflict with the Taiping Rebels to the south. To this end Zeng Guofan has been given overall command of all standing armies forces south of Beijing, this doesn't include the Conscript armies in the south or the Imperial army based around Beijing, this includes both his own force, the army of the North and the Army of Mongolia and is preparing to make his next move to defeat the Taiping rebels.

United States of Colombia
320px-Flag_of_United_States_of_Colombia.svg.png

As Colombia has officially changed both governments and name, I feel that it is only right that new elections are held as well. I have only been President of Colombia for a year, but in that year we have seen the end of the civil war, introduction of railroads and factories to our nation, and a larger stance on the world stage through trade agreements. We have grown greatly this past year, and I feel that new elections would help to determine where the people wish for us to go from here. I will not allow our nation to be considered a Presidential Dictatorship, and will welcome any and all competition from the left for the Presidency. This should show both those living within Colombia and those without, that we are a stable and democratic nation.

-President Bartolomé Calvo

500px-Flag_of_Empire_of_Brazil_%281847-1889%29.svg.png

Dom Pedro II addresses to a large crowd in front of the Imperial palace in Rio de Janeiro

Brazilians, a new era has begun on our nation! We are modernizing our economy by opening industries and building railroads that will help us take our place on the sun, we are a emerging power, one with a proud and modern navy and a passionate population that will bring prosperity to the Empire.
Immigrants enter our country to fill our needs of manpower and join our great nation as brothers, soon foreign capital and investment will be flowing into our economy, i ask that all my brazilian brothers continue to aid the Empire, for what is good for the empire, is good for its people, Long live the Empire!

On a communiqué, i also congratulate our Colombian neighbours on their search for democracy by basing their constitution after the United States constitution. This is a huge step for democracy in South America.

OOC: Will we be getting an update today?

The USA supports the right of self-determination for all peoples of the Guianas.

OOC: As Duke said, your people already hate you for the Belgium debacle. Jingoism must be at an all time low, I don't think they'd support more attempted conquests.

OOC: Will we be getting an update today?

I sent in my war orders. I guess it's whether Fry has the time and if he chooses the ACW over other conflicts. TBH, we've been hogging a fair bit of the spotlight with regard to mini-updates.

Last edited:
OOC : I think i will just try to see if i can get Guyana...kind of like the USA bought Alaska in OTL, maybe i can buy some of it and conquer french Guyana :)

It is not that populated, so i'd guess that it wouldn't be hard to accept english/dutch/french being used in that region and later take another look and see them speaking portuguese with ease.

OOC : I think i will just try to see if i can get Guyana...kind of like the USA bought Alaska in OTL, maybe i can buy some of it and conquer french Guyana :)

It is not that populated, so i'd guess that it wouldn't be hard to accept english/dutch/french being used in that region and later take another look and see them speaking portuguese with ease.

It's not that populated because it's one huge hellhole. People sent there died like flies because of all the malaria/whatever there.

It's not that populated because it's one huge hellhole. People sent there died like flies because of all the malaria/whatever there.

OOC : Exacly, it would continue like this until i either tried to fix that or if i waited for the medicine advances, i think that cutting some of the forests would be enough to create some relatively livable areas later.
Really, i think it's better if the europeans just sell me it, it's not like they will forever accept european rule.

The USA reminds certain nations of its previous statement. For clarification, the USA supports bilateral talks between the people of the Guianas and their respective colonial rulers with regards to the future of said colonies. We feel interference by third parties would be unwelcome.

OOC: France still owns it part to this day.