• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Rest comes until after work is complete! Compiling Union Army Stats.

OOC: Seriously? This can be safely described as above and beyond the call of duty I reckon. Excellent GM.

OOC : Whoa, what happened to my income? (or is it being affected by my spending?) It was +50 and now it is +15?
Also, my trade balance increased by +2 last update, so it should be +3, no?
Therefore, unless my investments are (temporarly) decreasing my income, shouldn't it be actually higher?

Unless the +50 was for some reason a typo :p That i don't think so because it was still lower than the CSA income, despite me having higher industry, stability, trade balance, etc...

OOC: No update on the Franco-Vietnam war? Or was I just blind?

OOC: I saw 30,000 screaming Japs heading to Vietnam, but that was it.

Fire and Ash didn't give me orders, thus I did not write them in.

EDIT: If there are no outstanding requests for anything, soldiers, maps, mini-updates, ect. Then I shall be retiring to my study to do some light reading on President Polk.

Last edited:
OOC : Whoa, what happened to my income? (or is it being affected by my spending?) It was +50 and now it is +15?
Also, my trade balance increased by +2 last update, so it should be +3, no?
Therefore, unless my investments are (temporarly) decreasing my income, shouldn't it be actually higher?

Unless the +50 was for some reason a typo :p That i don't think so because it was still lower than the CSA income, despite me having higher industry, stability, trade balance, etc...

OOC : Somenoe answer this please, only explaination i could find is that income is actually the change to the bank in the turn...but IMO that wouldn't really a good place to put that kind of information

OOC : Somenoe answer this please, only explaination i could find is that income is actually the change to the bank in the turn...but IMO that wouldn't really a good place to put that kind of information

I am not sure why this is. I THINK what happened is that Morrell deducted -40 from your Per Turn Income, when it should have only been deducted from your Bank.

Regardless, Morrell, I need to bother you to change Brazil's +15 to a +50.

Well, That's all I see. No more requests and everything is settled. I'll be on tomorrow to answer any questions, comments, and concerns you have. If I get some orders in, I can push out a mini-update tomorrow.

Well, That's all I see. No more requests and everything is settled. I'll be on tomorrow to answer any questions, comments, and concerns you have. If I get some orders in, I can push out a mini-update tomorrow.

OOC: Cool, I'll send in my war orders tonight for you after a session of CK2. IC post inbound.

OOC: I will send in half my orders, as I wish to get some more attention towards South America (if you want to make a mini-update about something not related to the various wars :rolleyes:).

OOC: I can certainly have war orders by tomorrow afternoon.

OOC; *Face palms Fire and Ash*

A national day of mourning has been called. Emperor Komei has passed away and joined his ancestors in the pantheon of Japanese emperors.Meiji has been crowned the new Emperor of Japan. He has proclaimed that under his rule, Japan will further become westernized. Looser restrictions on foreigners have been place. The Japanese people are encouraged to look beyond Japan and absorb the knowledge the other nations have to offer.

Prussia.jpg

The funeral of Konig Wilhelm was a sombre occasion. His son, Frederick, led the honour guard carrying his father's casket to it's final resting place. Thousands of civilians lined the way to Konig Wilhelm's much loved Charlottenburg palace. After being cruelly struck down by an assassin's bullet, the burdens of ruling the Kingdom of Prussia had been taken from this old man's shoulders.

Just fourteen days later, Crown Prince Frederick and his wife Victoria were crowned Konig und Konigin von Preußen in a lavish ceremony in Berlin. They received the salute of a regiment of Prussian Royal Guards infantry, whom had failed to protect Konig Wilhelm and were due to be sent to the Russian front. The regiment was accompanied by a company of Spanish life guards. Both units looked brilliant in full dress uniform. The new king received delegations from around the world and were wildly cheered as the new faces of Prussia and Germany.

Later that day, the new Konig Frederick III reviewed the 14th Koln infantry battalion. These men were working class catholics whom had volunteered to defend Germany from the aggression of Russia, France and Austria. They had served gallantly as a whole during the battle of Melun, seizing several redoubts and had accepted the surrdender of Napoleon III. They had been in Berlin as they were reconstituted as a regular formation. They were due to be sent back to France a week eariler but Frederick had delayed their redeployment to personally give them medals and commendations as the new Konig. He stood before them and delivered them a speech.

"Soldaten! Men of Deutschland! You are fighting for the rights of Germany as a nation! As your Konig I will fight for your rights as Germans, Contrary to Bavarian claims! I am not a man who will oppress you, as some of my more totalitarian relatives have. I shall make all Germans equal! As we should be! Never again shall we be Hanoverians or Saxons or Rhinelanders! We shall be Germans and no hostile nation shall take that from us as they have for the last thousand years! I shall be joining you all on the frontlines and we shall march into Paris truimphant! Deutschland uber alles!

OOC: You stupid Army of Tennessee, you didn't follow my orders!