• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'll write you a Mini-Update about Catalonia this turn, giving you benefits.

OOC: Why do I have this strange feeling I'm going to get trolled by these benefits? :rolleyes:

By the way, what is the current status on Portugal? Some updates ago, they had proclaimed a republic, and entered into some sort of Union with Spain. Is this still going?

OOC: Why do I have this strange feeling I'm going to get trolled by these benefits? :rolleyes:

By the way, what is the current status on Portugal? Some updates ago, they had proclaimed a republic, and entered into some sort of Union with Spain. Is this still going?

You never accepted the Union so Portugal is still an independent Republic, wishing they could be annexed into Spain to form Iberia. Although since you rejected it by not saying anything, the idea is losing the romance to it.

OOC: Fry shouldn't I get a bit of a boost to my income from disbanding all those conscripts?
EDIT: Can you put a link to the treaty of Jamaica on the first post?

Last edited:
The President of America accepts the British apology. The President also express regret at the actions of the Congressman, and apologies on his behalf for his rash actions.

"To the people of America, I urge you to continue supporting the war against our rebels. They repeatedly insult us as 'oppressors', yet was it not they that stifled and obstructed democracy in our nation for decades? They fire the first shots of war, and then accuse us of continuing the conflict. They cry out at Sherman's destruction of their infrastructure, yet reply by massacring our people. Their hypocrisy is clear, and yet there appear to be some in our nation who would see these crimes rebels go unpunished.

Our navy is strangling their economy, and I have no doubt the efforts of the USN will eventually force the rebels to submit. However, I am as eager for a swift end to this as the rest of you, and this is why our armies must march to war. Our armies in the West have regrouped and are pushing back the rebels as I speak, and General Sherman continues to march freely through the Southern states. I have the utmost faith in General Hancock that he can force back the rebels, however, the fighting spirit of our soldiers on the front line must be matched by our own spirit on the home front.

OOC: Any chance I can just shoot the Copperheads and throw them in the Atlantic? Perhaps send them as a first wave against the Confederate lines with no support and no weapons?

Also, how come my army level increase will take a year when most countries seem to get increases immediately?

FlagoftheAustrianEmpire.png

The Emperor stands before a large crowd in Vienna. He is not high above them on a balcony, but on a small stage, nearly at eye level.

My people, that last six months have proven that our great empire has the finest army, the finest navy, and the finest people on this earth! We have pushed the Italians back and stopped the Prussians at every turn. From one ship we have taken a navy! But all of your successes are dwarfed by one thing. The people of Slovakia, seeing that their land and their freedom would be taken away, have risen up. They were not peasants, rising against another oppressive landlord. They were not nobility, full of fear that the the old ways would be shattered. They were a new kind of fighter. They fought for their homes, for it was their homes the Prussians threatened. They fought for their land, for they owned the land that Prussia planed to take away. They are something new in Europe. They are a middle class, one that earns the fruits of their labors, and is bound by no noblemen or peasant. They can rise from the bottom to the top. They have opportunities and potential. Slovakia is just one of many places in the Empire such as this. I hereby announce that I will be drafting a bill of rights, to ensure that this new class of opportunity can never be destroyed! Long live the Austrian Empire! Land of opportunity!

I also wish to re-offer my peace deal with Italy, and offer the liberated people of San Marino a place in the Austrian empire should they wish it.

The Treaty of Venice

1. The Italian Army will be limited to 150,000 standing solders.

2. The majority of the Italian navy will be scuttled. Only 3 large ships and 25 small ones may remain in operation.

3. The territory of Lombardy will be ceded to the Austrian Empire.

4. The Kingdom of Italy will pay 1,000,000 (1,000 in game money) to the Austrian Empire for damages.

5. The Kingdom of Italy will cede Nice back to the French Empire.

OOC: There is no way the Italians could say yes to that.

War Casualties: American Civil War Mid 1863

USA.png
Total Casualties (Dead, Wounded, Prisoner): 314,000​
Total Casualties (Dead, Wounded, Prisoner): 248,000
CSA.png

TOTAL WAR CAUSALITIES (Dead, Wounded, Prisoner): 562,000

OOC: This just goes to prove, if you want something done, never trust Southern Europeans. They will just implode into rioting, eat tapas and fall asleep.

Thing is, France had pretty much conclusively lost. Italy is in no way beaten, in fact, their position isn't even that bad.

Muskeato: Your nation is at war, so things can't be easily upgraded to a few armies standing around. It has to permeate throughout all the armies. Your level is also already fairly good, so it takes longer.

Also, no. The Copperheads control the Congress in a Majority (65%)

OOC: There is no way the Italians could say yes to that.
If the Italian and Austrian governments desire to use our lands for peace talks that is acceptable as well. We have had our hand in many negotiations lately and our diplomatic corps is well experienced. If it would help the peace process we could make available some small rebuilding funds in exchange for a return of Nice as well.

OOC: Well then he should negotiate. France got the snot beat out of it, got out of it quickly and is working on a strong rebound atm. Or he needs to find some AK47s. :laugh:

OOC: This just goes to prove, if you want something done, never trust Southern Europeans. They will just implode into rioting, eat tapas and fall asleep.

Thing is, France had pretty much conclusively lost. Italy is in no way beaten, in fact, their position isn't even that bad.
OOC: Difference being France can rebuild from a bad war far more easily than Italy. If Italy keeps fighting but never wins the end result will be far far worse than it was for France. I would not accept that if I was playing Italy but I would see what could be negotiated. Doesn't hurt to at least talk peace, this is not like the civil wars going on.

Last edited:
flagoftheargentineconfe.jpg
The Argentine people are ecstatic over the great improvement our economy is having, which will make all the people wealthier, and generally increase happiness. As more and more people find the Argentine homeland as theirs and see that here hardwork is rewarded with plentiness.
We congratulate the French on their rebuilding and the slow regaining of their bright spot in the sun.
We also continue to show our support for the American nation in its struggle against domestic rebels, though we feel that the Union is very close to the final victory, and the rebels should give up to avoid further bloodshed and bad blood. We also send our condolescences to the family of the slaughtered congressman.
We are firmly committed to a peaceful and prosperous future, as seen by our efforts to promote unity through trade with all of our neighbors, however it deepens worries us to see the sustained military expenditure by the Empire of Brazil, for years as of now. What do they aim to achieve with such an army, that far outstrips their needs? The only alternatives we see are foreign or domestic domination. We certainly don't want to see carnage and destruction such as the one unleashed by the European War torn our fair and peaceful continent. We call on the Emperor to clarify its intents with such a military build up.

OOC: Damn. Exactly how far are the Prussians into Bavaria?

antilincoln.png

The Copperhead Manifesto to America

Americans! Rally!

We have seen this war drag on for two long years now! We have seen enough of this bloodshed! We control the Congress, and we hear you America! You want this war to end as much as we do. Over the past few decades, the North and South could not work together, so why should we force them to stay with us? I condemn both the actions of General Sherman and General Jackson. There is no reason to destroy the lands, but I understand why it has come to this. King Lincoln's War drags on as more young men and boys march off to die by the guns of the King's Armies. Furthermore, we have seen the murder of a United States Congressmen! This is unacceptable! We demand President Lincoln sit down with President Lee of the Confederate States of America, and broker a Treaty of Peace! Then, we must make the British Pay for what they did! War with Britain! Slaughter the TRUE enemy of this day, the British! Not the Southerners!

God Save the United States! Down with the Tyrant Lincoln!

Clement Vallandigham, Speaker of the House

OOC: Well then he should negotiate. France got the snot beat out of it, got out of it quickly and is working on a strong rebound atm. Or he needs to find some AK47s. :laugh

OOC: Yeah but the Italians have the Prussians advancing into Austria form the other side, the Italians are entrenched and Britain may send a Royal Navy Squadron to the Adriatic so Its not that bad for the Italians

Fry did I get my income boost and shouldn't the Poles be at war with Austria since they are friendly with Germans and would want Austrian Poland back?

You did not get an Income Boost. The Poles are not at war with anyone.

As regrettable as the situation is, His Majesty's Government fails to see what more we can do in regards to the death of a man who did attack our soldiers.​

OOC: Difference being France can rebuild from a bad war far more easily than Italy. If Italy keeps fighting but never wins the end result will be far far worse than it was for France. I would not accept that if I was playing Italy but I would see what could be negotiated. Doesn't hurt to at least talk peace, this is not like the civil wars going on.

OOC: Difference between you and me is that you aren't bound by honour to fight to the death for your allies and cause. :)

Fry, didn't you state at the start of their revolt that Austrian Polish lands rose as well?

Yes, but I also remember saying that when they agreed to the Treaty with Russia, that they stop revolting, all of them.