• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Yep I saw but I'd already posted but I'm perfectly happy now
IC: Belgium is happy with the Brazillian response and wishes to put this incident behind both our nations.

As long as free trade is respect France sees no further reason to debate the war with the government of Brazil. As with before we can act as a safe neutral area for negotiations to take place in and are open to trade talks in the future.

Denmark is pleased to see Belgium's free trade policy. I will make your country prosperous.

I see that the capitalists of our nation cannot yet invest in us yet because of our small workforce. But I have a new alternative. I ask that the capitalists invest in the countries of France, Spain, the German Empire, and Belgium. They will have the large workforce that you are needing.

We encourage Danish capitalists to invest in the unique opportunity that is the port of Antwerp.

OOC: I'm not so sure about Belgium having a particularly large workforce but anyway.

The French government will of course welcome any investment from our friends in Denmark. The Danish people have a strong government that seems to care for its people and any investment by their capitalists will no doubt prove profitable for all parties involved.

OOC: And 2 of those nations ended up turning on their heads and changing their opinion on the whole thing :rolleyes:
And I have no idea who the third was.

OOC: One was basically forced and the other entered a major war. The 3rd was the Dutch.

Brazilians! Once again we were betrayed by those fools, let's take the example that Germany gave us on Europe and join to fight the fools that attacked us when we only desired peace, let us defend against the traitors that resorted to war before diplomacy!
Join the army, flock to the frontlines, we are a strong and united people, it is time to show what our unity and will can achieve, we will beat back those who try to burn our sacred soil and protect the flag and name of our nation!

We are Brazil, we are the biggest, richest, strongest and most stable nation in all of South America, let's not allow these that are envious of our prosperity to destroy our soil. We will win, we have a better army, a stronger navy, and especially a population willing to contribute to the war effort!

JOIN AS A FATHERLAND VOLUNTEER AND DEFEND OUR GREAT NATION!
GLORY TO THE FATHERLAND! DEATH TO OUR ENEMIES!

Last edited:
OOC: I am sad that none of the Asian nations have showed up yet today. Trading with Austria is not a problem but was thinking one of them might really want the trade boost.

OOC: Both the Qing and the Taiping have been on today. No one really cares about trading with France other than the CSA.
And Frymonmon, the world isn't feeling the effects of massive cotton shortages with the US blockading the CSA?

OOC: Indeed they probably do and there take on the South American war would be interesting. They can't do anything but it would still be interesting.

King: they didn't IRL they got it all from India. India isn't revolting or anything so no reason why that should change. It's a shame that India didn't try a second revolt/mutiny as that would have given the CSA the possibility of getting its world cotton shortage as well as made things very interesting in the BCW.

OOC: Indeed they probably do and there take on the South American war would be interesting. They can't do anything but it would still be interesting.

King: they didn't IRL they got it all from India. India isn't revolting or anything so no reason why that should change. It's a shame that India didn't try a second revolt/mutiny as that would have given the CSA the possibility of getting its world cotton shortage as well as made things very interesting in the BCW.

OOC: The English Board of Trade said in 1859 that India was completely inadequate as a source of raw cotton, which is why more than three-fourths of the cotton used in the textile industries of England and France came from the Southern States.

The reason it didn't work so well in the OTL, was because in the OTL there was an abundance of cotton in Europe at the outbreak of the ACW, an abudance that must be realistically used up by this point after the war that just happened in Europe.

OOC: They can't have had that much cotton in Europe so they must have felt shortages at the end of the war and after it due to the Union's devastation of the South...

OOC : Also, i would have really expected Paraguay to wait until both me and Argentina were exhausted and then invade us...because the Paraguayan government of the time was just like this...anyway, can we expect war updates in the future? :)

OOC: They just started growing it in other places.

"India was deemed to be the country capable of growing the necessary amounts. Indeed, it helped fill the gap during the war, making up only 31% of British cotton imports in 1861, but 90% in 1862 and 67% in 1864."

OOC: They just started growing it in other places.

OOC: Yes, but we are late 1863, and so far none of these European nations have put anything in their orders to start growing cotton in their colonies ;) King Cotton should be taking its toll soon.

Do you want new war orders from me Frymonmon? Or can I wait till a possible Texan war update before sending them?

OOC: My colonies were taken so it cannot be my fault. :happy: