• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
His Majesty's Government offers to meet the Portuguese halfway between our current offer and theirs, for the sale of the territories at a price amounting to 575 Gold Units.​

Kingdom of Manchuria

Treaty of Hiroshima

Upon the signing of this Treaty, contained within, the partitioning of Korea, will become official.

The Kingdom of Manchuria and the Empire of Japan are to work in conjunction to secure and partition the Korean Peninsula, as follows.

1863end_e.png

The north will become official territory of the Kingdom of Manchuria, with its citizens official peoples of Manchuria.

The south will become officla territory of the Empire of Japan, with its citizens official peoples of Japan.

Neither nation shall make attempts that include, but are not limited to, seizing territory of one another, inciting violence, rebellion, or destruction among the populace, or undermining administrative and government efforts on the Korean Peninsula as a whole.

This treaty affirms the partitioning of Korea among the powers of the Kingdom of Manchuria and the Empire of Japan.

Following the signing of this treaty, both nations will do their utmost, forthwith military preparations, a joint invasion of Korea, conducted by the Army of Manchuria from the north and the Army of Japan from the south.

[X] Guanxu Emperor, Emperor of the Kingdom of Manchuria
[ ] Emperor Meiji, Emperor of the Empire of Japan

OOC: Technically the NPC nation of Korea can see that treaty :p

OOC: Bavaria never did any of those things... *shifty eyes*

We are most certainly aware of our position within Europe, which is neighboring the Russian Empire. Therefore, we are willing to leave that unfortunate incident behind and maintain a certain degree of civility in our relations with our eastern neighbor, provided that the spirit and terms of the treaty of Königsberg are upheld.

Even though we may not share many points of view with the Czar, we believe we can both agree that turning our extensive border into a dead zone would be extremely counterproductive to our states; therefore, we expect we can maintain a certain degree of trading happening, which can only bring benefits, regardless of ideology.

Last edited:
The Russian Empire would like to apologize to the Polish government for our actions. We would also like to enter a trade agreement with Poland to further warm our relations with the Polish government, and we hope that in the coming years our relationship may grow even stronger.

Citizens, brothers! The foolishness of the Brazilians shows ever more. First they tried to rob neutral nations pillaging trade ships then they were shown their place by the Spanish Armada. Refusing to pay the damages, they tried to destroy their ships only to be met by the harsh reality that their commanders are far inferior to the Spanish ones, and paying the appropriate price.
Their population already sees it crystal clear, as few dare to join the army commanded by inept fools, or believe their "emperor" words. His incompetent leadership has prompted the valiant inhabitants of Rio Grande do Sul to form the Republica Rio Grandense, breaking free from the decrepit crown rule. We fully recognize them as sovereign entity in its lands, with a right to independence and self-determination of their destiny.
Our paraguayan hermanos have already shown in battle the valor of our people, I'm sure that is just the first of many victorious battles that will be written in the history books.
As long as the brazilian war machine isn't completely broken, as long as they refuse to acknowledge their crimes and errors and refuse to pay compensation, as long as they want to subjugate the free people of Rio Grande, Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina, there can't be peace!

We reluctantly recognize the Confederate States of America as an independent state. We hope that in time they can see the sickness of the cause they fought for, slavery, and eradicate it. We offer our support, small as it may be, though sincere, to our American brothers, who fought gallantly to preserve their unity and for what's right and moral, but, by the will of destiny couldn't win completely.
We also recognize the separate entities of the Kingdom of Manchuria and of the Taiping Empire, who now has sovereignty over the whole of China. Though war constraints prevent us from establishing the proper diplomatic embassies at the moment.

OOC: I have a difficult connection right now which firewalls all the popular image domains, so I can't see the map.
Also, that bit of Chile and Bolivia is real? Suirantes was Ireland...
Fry I can't grasp the income system after all. How is supposed to be our income? Wasn't half in gold and half in currency equivalent to that amount of gold? I need to understand that.
Also I'm supposed to have 3 large ships and 10 small ships, as 6 spanish ships were added from the buying.

The Treaty of Stockholm:

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway will purchase the Portuguese African colonies, including Angola and Mozambique, of the Portuguese Republic for 525 gold.

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and Norway will provide transport for the Portuguese Garrison back to European Portugal

The United Kingdoms of Sweden and the Portuguese Republic will agree to lower tariffs to a maximum of 20%.

Signatories,
[X] Charles XV, King of Sweden and Norway
[] President of the Portuguese Republic

OOC: Portugal would never sell those, OTL... I mean, they won't build a common rail system with Spanish help, but they will give up their most prized colonies without any military threat (Pink Map comes to mind).

Also, my stats are wrong, I'm supposed to have +1 Stability due to the 1st Naval Battle between Spain and Brazil.

Now, I'm going to take time out of MY day to discuss an issue with you all.

It has come to my attention several of you have threatened to walk out of the game based on the results of the update.

Now, this game is FOR you guys. It takes a shit load of time to write updates, and its a pain in the ass to deal with a lot of you.

If you're unhappy with the results of a game created so YOU guys can have fun, where YOU guys don't have to do that much work, then you're free to leave.

This is the last I'm going to hear of this. If you have a problem from now on, I don't want to hear about it. I want you to leave. YOU will not threaten to leave based on how the game is going. YOU don't put the work in to make this game fun. We do.

We will not change anything to simply make things run your way. And if I hear that you have asked a GM to change something, as a result of the update, you were unhappy with, then I will personally kick you out and ban you from this game.

You will not threaten to leave. You will not bitch and complain. You will just shut up, and resign from the game.

I hope you all understand?

OOC: Very fair, some people are very whiny by nature, and it sure annoys you guys who run the game impartially as have no reason to be biased against anyone... I can already guess someone who did that...
Clarifications of misunderstandings in orders aren't subject to that I presume.
Also wanted to corroborate that the signed deal with France involved a trade deal, as already said by Jacob.

OOC: Alright, whoever is complaining about the results of the update had better shut up. As a former GM I can tell you that they work extremely hard to write updates and if you have a problem with the results, then you can leave the game.

OOC: Fry allowed me to switch to Chile in the IRC channel.

OOC: Yeah. :S

What happens if I set my money printing to zero?

OOC: Significant deflation probably. You'd probably need Fry to answer for the ingame effects.

These people came to me with legitimate greivences, and steps have been made to rectify them. There will be no more talk of this, as it is being blown way out of proportion.

As for no printing, deflation will occur, the mark will go up, but wages will fall, the economy will contract, and industry will slow.

Treaty of Havana

Seeking to put an end to hostilities in the Brazilian-Spanish war, the Kingdom of Spain proposes the following treaty:

Brazil is to pay monetary compensation to Spain for the sunk ships, in the value of 300£ (at current pound-to-gold ratio as of January 1864).

Brazil is to recognize and respect the sovereignty of Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Rio Grande do Sul over the regions that comprised Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay before the war, and the region of Rio Grande do Sul, respectively.

Brazil is to emit an official apology to the Kingdom of Spain.

OOC: Basically, you pay Spain, and if you decide to take any land from Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay or Rio Grande do Sul, we will return. This is your best shot at not ruining your country.