• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: I don't see how that can be realistic what so ever. Nothing like that formed in RL, so why should we do it here?
If anything, we should just be able to have a few nation's that we have "good relations" or "natural friendships" with, so that if say the US tries to make an alliance with Tzarist Russia, the US people freak out and start protesting, while for it an alliance with GB or any nation in the Americas would be seen in a good light.

GermanImperialFlag.gif

Freshly crowned Kaiser Frederich I steps out onto the makeshift scaffolding placed in front of Brandenburg gate and makes a speech his people as German military units parade down the long road.

"We are united! A thousand years of trying has finally come to a head! Deutschland is united! We have defeated the French! Germans are now together! The skill and battle prowess of the armies has proven us ascendant! All enemies shall fall before the mighty Deutsches Reich! Those foolish enough to face us in battle will be crushed! Deutschland über alles!

Her Majesty's Government wishes for warm relations with Japan, but warns them about becoming over ambitious. Should you meddle with British interests, then expect a large problem.​

In RL, Prussia did not invade France, Bavaria, Austria and Russia at the same time, and succeeded with it. :p

OOC: They did in the 7 years war, with less power as well...

I agree though. Make public opinion on alliances matter. For example, France allying with Germany should be pretty much an instant revolution, France allying with Russia should be ok.

Last edited:
We wish to recognise the Republic of Ireland as it is their oppressive Colonial government that made the famine kill 1 million people.

Again, Her Majesty's Government is left wondering why illegitimate Governments insist on recognising another illegitimate Government, as well as bringing up irrelevant and embellished history.​

Should Germany aid the Belgians, and subsequently find herself in conflict with the Dutch, then we should have no other choice but to also find ourselves in conflict with them.​

OOC: Sorry old chap, but Herman here seems to want Luxembourg.

How is that irrelevant? You starved over a 1/3rd of the population! And you did absolutely nothing to relief the poor framers of Ireland! It also happened fairly recently, about 20 years ago! You are nothing but tyrants.

Unfortunately, Her Majesty's Government does not have a cure for Potato Blight, nor do we have a cure for many of the diseases which caused these tragic deaths. Furthermore, we should remind President Davis that 1 million is not a third of 8 million.​

OOC: Yes, but then they didn't have as much land. Or their German allies. Or Italy. Or Spain (As weak as Spain is now, she was still a local power). I should also add that they haven't invaded Russia, and that the Russian military at this time is designed to fight on a parade ground.

EDIT: How many French troops are in Indochina?

Last edited:
The USA supports the British with their own rebellions. Childish men who refuse to abide by the democratic process of government and elections are nothing better than tyrants and traitors.

Her Majesty's Government regrets to announce that the French tyrant has declined the combined peace offer from our alliance. We regret this unnecessary continuation of hostilities, but we cannot and will not give up our fight due to the stubborn refusal of a tyrant and despot to listen to reason.​

Last edited:
The United Kingdom was directly responsible for making the Potato Famine so bad. Even through the famine, the British overlords made sure that Ireland continued to EXPORT food, even as the famine was raging.

OOC: Eh, I'm assuming Doom is just doing the propaganda routine.

OOC: Fry, you're dealing with snotty British aristocrats. Of course they're not going to admit they were at fault, and instead blame the Yankees and the French (and Austria too, since King's present). :p

OOC: Oh I completely agree about the Famine, it was a prime example of the way the British Empire repeatedly screwed over the Irish. However, I believe Ireland had a population of about 8 million before the Famine, so Suirantes wasn't even in the ball park with his death figure.

My statement was propaganda.