• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Also, share some of the updates of the European War with Spain and Italy, can't let Prussia have all the glory... (but yes, I do vote China and Dai Nam)

The Kingdom of Spain would like to open up an embassy in Japan, seeking to develop and strengthen bonds of friendship between our two nations.

Her Majesty's Government shall not be surprised by the Persian Government. We shall either have your answer, and have it before 2200 GMT tomorrow, or we shall take action to protect our citizens, their rights and their property. As soon as the Persian Government replies that they accept our ultimatum, we shall send them a list of the terms they must fulfil.​

Why is Europe or America more important? I'd argue all players should get an equal share of updates. Like: The European war has the most players involved, so it deserve a few more updates than either the American or the Chinese war. But these two have two players each, and should therefor be treated equally.

OOC: Because we are civilised?

Don't worry, Im not serious with the whole sneering colonialist attitude. Well, at least not the sneering part.

EDIT: Inbox clear. Sorry about that, it filled up due to me harassing Qing.

Last edited:
Prussia.jpg

Germans! We will not fail or falter! We are on the cusp of victory! The Russians have been driven from Allenstein! The Austrians are caught by our forces in Prague! The French fight for their lives in Paris! The Bavarian vermin are being destroyed! We shall be victorious and Deutschland shall prevail! Deutschland über alles!

I'll put it simply.

I have a Doctorate in American History.
I have a Masters in European History.
I have very small knowledge of Asian History.

Thus, Europe and America will get better, and more, updates.

I'll put it simply.

I have a Doctorate in American History.
I have a Masters in European History.
I have very small knowledge of Asian History.

Thus, Europe and America will get better, and more, updates.

OOC: Thus we need to find someone on the Forum with vast knowledge of Asian History to write the updates for Asia. Must be someone like that around somewhere.

OOC: Filthy savages don't deserve updates anyway, what what? Wouldn't we all rather hear of the daring do of Her Majesty's 578239th Light Imperial Hussar Guard Lancers and their adventures in Sudaraqighanizululand? Much daring do was done I say, many Fuzzy Wuzzy were slain and many a maid in distress rescued by us dashing, pipe sporting, port drinking, sabre rattling fellows and our glorious twirly moustaches!

If you want me replaced as GM, by all means - find a replacement. I'm more than sure you'll find many people willing to concede their entire weekend to writing updates for a forum game, like I have done in the past, to give spice to the great majority of the players (Europe and America)

EDIT: Might I add... There is nothing that states that I *MUST* give equal mini-updates. For the love of Darwin, the Mini-updates are a bonus. The real thing is really only the Big Update.

OOC: Revolution? Not while I stand by the flag.

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

We remind Prussia that the war is not over, it has only just begun.

The people of Germany and Prussia have grown tired of you oppressive iron fist rule. Catholics are following the Popes advice and revolting against you. Germans across the land are getting tired of your unnecessary spilling of German blood. And we are all appauled at your massacre of one of Germany's greatest cities.

You kill and rape the innocent citizens you wish to unite.

Der brutale Barbar ist gekommen! Verteidigen Sie Ihre Heimat, Frau und Deutschland! Fight fir die Revolution!

If you want me replaced as GM, by all means - find a replacement.

OOC: Did I ever say that? No I didn't your doing an awesome job only the GM focus on Europe and the ACW (both areas you hold sizeable knowledge) while regrettable is understandable as both are covered in war while we only started having two players fighting in Asia in a fully active war happened only a few days ago. I'm sure updates in Asia will come soon enough.

Chances are likely, close to 90%, Asia will only get updates from Cesar and in the Big Updates.

Dude. Please. Relax. I will do my best to provide Asian updates, but stop going on about how not enough attention is paid. Frankly, not much is happening over there, because nothing is crucial at the moment. And stop going on about how this is a completely wacky, non realistic timeline that doesn't require any expertise to run. If you'd like, both me and Fry can resign, and let someone else handle it. Would you prefer that, or will you continue to complain?

Please do not counter criticism/player wishes with threats of resignation. It will either result in your resignation, or players being too scared to bring up (perceived) problems. I don't think either will do the game any good.

Thandros already said that he likes you as GM's. That he would like a bit more attention for his nation is surely understandable.

OOC: I agree completely with Rundstedt, and would like to add to what Thandros has been saying by stating that there are 8 players (not including players who had received only 1 mini-update) who havn't been in any of the mini-updates, so around half of all of us playing. I really do appreciate your guys' work in making these things, but at times I feel more could be done outside of war-specific events.

But this isn't criticism. We've explained our reasoning several times, yet it persists. If you're bringing up a problem its fine, but if the solution is complaining about our lack of knowledge, then what would you have us do?

Here's the reason we do WAR mini-updates. Because wars are fast paced. If there's going to be a mini-update, its going to be about a war, for the reason that they're in constant motion.