• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Congo here we come!
The Kingdom of Belgium is happy with the progress in our Nation and is especially happy with the newfound friendship with the Ottoman Empire, we hope this relationship can be cultivated further.
We are happy with the success of our exploration team and now announce that 500 soldiers will be sent to the area to fortify it. We also announce the founding of a new city at the location north of the Congo river which will be defended by the Soldiers previously mentioned. This city will be named Leopoldville in honor of our King.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

Last edited:
transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I welcome our Belgian cousins to Africa, though we are some distance away from each other.

The Qing Empire

cn_1890.gif

I, Guanxu, Emperor of the State of the Qing, proposes a peace treaty with the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.

Treaty of Beijing

Concessions of the Qing

1. The full acknowledgement and recognition of the Taiping Kingdom as a fully independent nation and the sole government of China.

2. The end of any interference that the Qing Empire brings to the Taiping Kingdom, whether political, economical, including other internal issues, and otherwise.

3. The allowance of the Taiping Kingdom to keep its current possessions, as well as any others it may gain in the future.

4. The ceding of territory to the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom shown in the following map.

chinaconcessions_e.png

5. The assurance of not interfering with other Chinese breakaway states, including Mongolia.

Demands of the Qing

1. A cease of all hostilities, superficial and otherwise, between the peoples of the Qing Empire and the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom.

2. The assurance that the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom will respect the territory and borders of the Qing Empire as shown in this Treaty.

Signatories

[X] Guanxu, Emperor of the State of Qing
[ ] Hong Xiuquang, Emperor of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom

We are amazed by the attempt the Russian Empire has made to reclaim it's grasp upon our Nation. We are proud that our aristocrats have honored their role in our society and rejected the offers made by the perfidious Russians. It would seem they are more than willing to go to war again, having learned nothing from their recent experience; as far as we are concerned, we are not interested in pursuing a bellicose course of action, the shame they have brought upon themselves on the eyes of the world is sufficient punishment to us.

On an unrelated matter, we are more than glad to formally recognize the Confederate States of America as a sovereign and independent nation and to recognize The Heavenly Kingdom as the sole representative of China.

TaipingFlag2-1.jpg

The End of the Qing

Hong Xiuquan, Emperor of all of China, hereby proclaims the end of hostilities with the dreaded Manchu - they've been thrown out of China, and shall never return. Our long struggle was successful, and we can now work to restore China to its former glory.

Further, our blessed Emperor hereby offers any self-proclaimed Warlords high positions in state and army, if they return their land and people to the one true government of China. Your revolt against the Qing was justified - a refusal to obey the true Emperor is not. End this war, now, once and for all, and let us step forward, together, into a new age of peace and prosperity!

OOC: Just to be clear, i stated that Paraguay choose the French franc in the last post of page 231, dunno if Fry or Red Caesar saw it, IC post to come soon.

The Qing Empire

cn_1890.gif

The State of Qing is curious to see whether the Russian Empire or the Empire of Japan wish to engage in trade that will benefit both of us. We would also like to remind all nations that the Qing Empire is still an independent nation and is not a vassal state of the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom, despite our recognition of their independence, sovereignty, and power.

An excerpt from Guanxu's first public appearance as Emperor of the Qing

".... and yet, despite the outcome of the conflict, the resolve of the Qing is still as strong as ever! We, as a nation, are capable of so many great things. No nation - Chinese or European or American - will be able to bring us in under their wing as their slaves, at their will for them to molest our culture, our history, our sacrifices, and our great nation. Following this momentous event, a great series of reforms will be brought to our nation to bring even greater celebration of the Qing's victories! We may see the end of the war, but we shall see a new beginning for the people of the Qing!"

*thunderous applause and cheers*

OOC: Could I also have some stats given to me about my treasury, military, etc.?

Last edited:
The Russian Empire believes that it would be wise for the Polish Government to remember their place in Europe. The Russian Empire also belives that it is naive for the Polish government to believe that the Polish aristocrats are content with their new place in Polish society. There is a reason that the Russian agents almost succeeded, and their failure had nothing to do with aristocratic loyalty.

On another note, the Russian Empire would like to extend a hand of congratulations to the government of Taiping for their victory over Qing. The Russian Empire hopes to develop a close relationship with Taiping and it wishes Taiping the best of luck.

320px-Confederate_National_Flag_since_Mar_4_1865.svg.png

There is much that we must celebrate here in Richmond! First, and most important of all, the war is over! Our people have finally, after 3 long years, been granted their independence and are being granted recognition by the nations of the world. Our dollar has become stable thanks to the compensation from the US, and from the selling of ships to the Empire of Brazil and Belgium. Soon, Charleston and Georgia will be rebuilt, and a new industrial heartland for our Confederacy established. Trade has begun with the Kingdom of Spain, the first amongst many nations that we hope to create close ties with. We thank those nations who have recognized the Confederate States of America as a legitament and sovereign nation, and look forward to cooperation amongst the nations of the world.

For the rest of the world. We are glad to see the war between the Qing Empire and the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom ended, and offer full recognition as the legitament government of China to the THK and full recognition as the legitament government of Manchuria to the QE. We wish both nations luck in stabilizing this now chaotic area of the world, and look forward to closer ties and possible trade agreements in the future.

OOC: Yes, I spoke with Fry. He knew about it beforehand.

Emperor Meiji congratulates the leaders of both nations on their conclusion to this bloody war. The Empire of Japan would be glad to commence trade with both the Qing as well as the Taiping.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I would like to congratulate Hong on his victory over the false emperor, whom was rightly overthrown due to his own ineptitude and stupidity.

I would like to request, however, that you refine the more...erm...peculiar tenants of your faith.

OOC: Alrighty then. Just wanted to make sure before I made any IC posts about an invalid treaty :p