• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Each nation should have it's own currency, or you should stick with the current system of two currencies.

OOC: Can we please just stick with the current single currency for everyone, and say that the sums are as much of our currency is needed to cover that amount in Gold?

They do. Each of them are tied to gold differently. In essence, you people have nothing to worry about. The stats wont be changing.

OOC: Hmm, this is tricky. The pound and mark is the currency of the enemy, no German citizen would be happy using the franc and the dollars suck....

OOC: I asked about the status of Tennessee at the moment and also any unallocated troops I have, pretty much.

- Also, confirmation on whether my income and trade should have been reduced due to using the Greenback would be appreciated.

Last edited:
OOC: This is all to complicated for me, Ill just sit in the corner and see what everyone else does.

OOC: I want mark because pund is monies of enemies!
(Mark too, but alas, it is worth more and francs are crap)

OOC: If possible, can I use the Swiss franc? A stable financial neighbour should have a good currency....

OOC: I think I'll go with the pound. Makes the most sense, despite it being a bit...shaky.

The Confederacy of Guatemala and El Salvador will continue to use the British Pound as a base.

Thanks for your effort in trying to improve the game, Fry, but I agree with doom. Let's stick to the "money" or "gold units" we've been using so far. Many things in these games are simplified for good reason. I honestly do not see the advantage to the game, but quite some disadvantages.

Also - could we get a deadline for the orders for next turn?

OOC: I really should have 21,000 troops. The mini-update from a while back gave me 4,000 extra troops, and I've pointed it out a number of times, yet I'm still stuck with 17,000. :(

OOC: I like the idea. It will add in more consequences and make you think about your economy.

OOC: Honesty, I like this new system. It might end up completely ruining my game plan, but I like this new depth. And it's not like we are doing any if the calculations, the GMs are. I say to for it Frymonmon.

The monetary system is here to stay for at least one update. It's the only way I could think of modeling inflation. Also, it gives me an excuse to start posting nice, shiny graphs of monetary supply, and the effects of currency printing. A very real problem with the Confederacy (So don't anyone try and say it's not a factor this early.)

I am trying to build every aspect of this game up, Military, Diplomatically, now Economically. Seek, I will fix it for you.

Muskeato: Your economy will be adjusted. Tennessee is under military administration, with Andrew Johnson in command.

EDIT: I'll make up a post will a FULL explanation of the new Monetary System.

World in Revolution: New Monetary System

[*]United Kingdom
[1]Bank: 2180 G
[2]Treasury: 1962 £
[3]Income: + 400
[4]Trade Balance: +40

[1] Bank - This is your national bank. It is with this money that you use use for purchases between nations. This is the standard "Gold Unit" We have been using so far in the game. This is increased by your Income per Turn and your Trade Balance, as well as trade deals. It decreases by printing Money (Which devalues your currency over time), and trade deals.

[2] Treasury - This is your national treasury. It represents the amount of paper money your nation starts with. This is used solely for internal affairs, such as building railroads and purchasing whatever you need. This may increase when you print money, where it will remove that amount from your Bank. Every turn, half of your Income is automatically turned into Paper Money, unless you ramp up printing, or stop printing.

[3] Income - Same as before, this is the amount of Gold Units you receive each turn.

[4] Trade Balance - Same as before, this is the amount of Gold Units you receive each turn from trade.

OOC: A stats nitpick: the new stats for Sweden are lower than the old stats for Sweden

Also is the new monetary system going to include the positive affects of inflation on growth? (As ~2% per annum is usually considered to be about the optimal rate)

EDIT: Did you flip the treasury and gold unit values for the UK, or is the pound worth more than a gold unit?

OOC: So basically I want to print money like crazy. As in print 1 mark.

The pound is worth less (.90) than a Gold Unit.

Natural Inflation will be factored in, helping smaller countries and not really doing anything to larger countries.

I'll fix Sweden's stats.